Best concerts you've seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Just wanted to know what the best concerts you've seen are. I've seen quite a few in my day, including masters like the Rolling Stones, Tina Turner and Rod Stewart. I don't think I've ever been to a bad show, but there have definitely been highlights.
Madonna was supremely awesome, I can barely describe how cool it was to be in the same room as she was, singing along and knowing all the words (doesn't that just rule).
U2, of course, rocks. And I do think that a U2 show is a religious experience.
Last year I got to see Billy Idol, and he was incredible! I was so jazzed to see him in concert, I've been a fan forever. My brother and I were flashing devil signs at each other, just listening to "Dancing With Myself" and having the man himself a few feet away singing it practically to you is just such a priceless thing.

Needless to say, going to concerts is one of m very, very, very favorite things to do, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. So what have your favorite shows been? And yes, it is okay to say U2!

Of course, my 3 U2 shows don't compare to any other shows I have seen but, some good ones have been:

Madonna - Blonde Ambition Tour

Dwight Yoakum - 3 times, never disapointed

No Doubt

The most memorable (other than U2) had to be Journey, Cheap Trick and Black Sabbath in 1979... I was 13 and it was my very first concert with my first boyfriend and no parents! I was right in front of the stage and I knew right then how important music was going to be for me and I've been obsessed ever since.

BEST:

U2
No Doubt
Bush
Earth, Wind and Fire
Jewel
Martina McBride
Mariah Carey
Oasis
Phil Collins (way back when) guilty pleasure
Micheal Jackson (way back when)
Janet Jackson
Creed
Faith Hill
The Corrs

AND TONS MORE......

Would love to see in concert:

*Bruce Springsteen*
*Madonna*
*Kylie Minogue*
*U2* (again and again)
*Jewel*

Last edited:
In no particular order:

U2

Pete Yorn

Rufus Wainwright

Richard Thompson

Les Claypool

and I'm sure the Stripes show on the 9th will be good too!

heres my list:
1. all 6 u2 shows i saw
2. Ryan Adams 3/1/02
3. Wilco 3/13/02
4. counting crows 6/28/02
yeah, this past year ive seen the most amazing concerts of my life by all 4 of my very favorite artists. im a lucky girl.

alison

hmmm....I've been to a limited amount of concerts...but I would have to say

-U2 (is and always will be my ultimate concert experience)
-Styx and Sammy Hagar (though I didn't get to stay for all of Sammy's set cause my silly bro was sleepy :()
-Lynyrd Skynyrd (it was just pretty cool...the first concert I ever went to...and also the first time I have ever been worried that I would get in trouble for smelling like pot ;))

Unfortunately, most of the people I would really like to see in concert don't tour anymore :(

hippyactress said:

Unfortunately, most of the people I would really like to see in concert don't tour anymore :(

Same w/ me! I like a lot of bands that are around now but I wish that I could have seen a lot more of the older bands that I like.

By the way:
I:heart: ur name

Back
Top Bottom