Back to Work at HQ!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The story from the Alaska guy is just brilliant, the coolest thing EVER! Being in the studio with U2, possibly hearing the new stuff.

And Wayne, this SUCKS big time, I have no idea why someone would do that. It doesn't even look like someone wrote over it, it's just mean, really.

BonoFox1 said:
* A fan from Alaska that was asked by Sam to go in and up to join the band in rehersal for 2 HOURS!!!!!:ohmy:
the fan hung out with the band while they rehersed and Danny and Eno were there too!!!:ohmy:

**Here is the story and band pic!!

Yeah, some people get pushy but I wasn't going to act like them - I knew I had all week and I'd get my chance. There were a lot of people there on Tuesday and Wednesday and Bono didn't stay out very long (a couple of minutes). I did manage to get my book signed on Tuesday and on Wednesday night (actually very early Thursday morning) got Edge and Adam to sign it too.

Sam told me to come on inside at about 3:30 on Friday. Bono was standing at the top of the stairs and told me to come up. I walked in the studio and there was Paul McGuinness, Brian Eno, Danny Lanois, Dallas, Edge, Adam, and a couple of techs. Danny told me to grab a seat on the couch. Bono came back in and they were ready to start playing over some vocals that had been previously recorded. Dallas was running around making sure the guitars were in tune and the effects were set right. After the first run through Larry came in. Bono was sitting on the couch next to me playing the Irish Falcon. Edge was about 10 feet away from me. It was so cool being that close to the man that inspired me to learn to play guitar. I did see the name of the song they were playing but don't want to give it away (I'm sure the band doesn't want it to get out yet). They played it about 8 times while I was there. Interesting to listen in on the talk between takes. BTW, the song was amazing!

e24cb345.jpg
:shocked: WOW!!! how lucky can a U2 fan get . :drool:

edit : very cool that he held back the name of the song , U2 fans are very protective of the band .

Last edited:
BonoFox , I don't think it was Sara that covered Wayne's name .
The marker a different color and to me it seems as if Wayne's name was still there when she wrote her name , looks like she dropped the last A in her name to leave his name intact .

not cool that someone would do that . :eyebrow:

waynetravis said:
Question:

Here is my picture of the door with my name:

DSCF0477.jpg

And here is a recent pic I found on flickr:

2386524189_1321e839d5_b.jpg

Why would someone scribble out my name? :huh:
I spotted it a while ago, but never had a clear shot to be certain.

What gives?? :|

Oh wow yeah, you can quite clearly see that some one has delibrately scratched away, paint and all, your name! :ohmy: Totally out of order!! :huh:

This might be a good excuse for you to make another trip to Dublin, (apart from the chance of meeting the guys again!) and this time take a can of black spray paint....:whistle:

Unbelievable, The woman from Alaska had waiting with me together during Monday and Thursday and now I can wish her all the best dreams over the clouds. Unbelievable, with the complete band and staff into one room together :bow:

BonoFox1 said:
* A fan from Alaska that was asked by Sam to go in and up to join the band in rehersal for 2 HOURS!!!!!:ohmy:
the fan hung out with the band while they rehersed and Danny and Eno were there too!!!:ohmy:

Yeah, some people get pushy but I wasn't going to act like them - I knew I had all week and I'd get my chance. There were a lot of people there on Tuesday and Wednesday and Bono didn't stay out very long (a couple of minutes). I did manage to get my book signed on Tuesday and on Wednesday night (actually very early Thursday morning) got Edge and Adam to sign it too.

Sam told me to come on inside at about 3:30 on Friday. Bono was standing at the top of the stairs and told me to come up. I walked in the studio and there was Paul McGuinness, Brian Eno, Danny Lanois, Dallas, Edge, Adam, and a couple of techs. Danny told me to grab a seat on the couch. Bono came back in and they were ready to start playing over some vocals that had been previously recorded. Dallas was running around making sure the guitars were in tune and the effects were set right. After the first run through Larry came in. Bono was sitting on the couch next to me playing the Irish Falcon. Edge was about 10 feet away from me. It was so cool being that close to the man that inspired me to learn to play guitar. I did see the name of the song they were playing but don't want to give it away (I'm sure the band doesn't want it to get out yet). They played it about 8 times while I was there. Interesting to listen in on the talk between takes. BTW, the song was amazing!

e24cb345.jpg

OH MY SWEET GOD.

DIES. :faint: incredible . just incredible.

last unicorn said:
The story from the Alaska guy is just brilliant, the coolest thing EVER! Being in the studio with U2, possibly hearing the new stuff.

And Wayne, this SUCKS big time, I have no idea why someone would do that. It doesn't even look like someone wrote over it, it's just mean, really.

the fan is a girl... Susan is her name.

Fair play to the gal from Alaska. I like hearing things like that. As far as Waynes name goes....that is sabotage. No need for that

hcbiggs2002 said:

Oh wow yeah, you can quite clearly see that some one has delibrately scratched away, paint and all, your name! :ohmy: Totally out of order!! :huh:

This might be a good excuse for you to make another trip to Dublin, (apart from the chance of meeting the guys again!) and this time take a can of black spray paint....:whistle:

That's what I told him last night! It's really mysterious, this. It definitely looks like his name has been very deliberately removed. :|

Wonder why anyone would do that.... So mean and immature.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

the fan is a girl... Susan is her name.

Yeah, I just realised my mistake in the Meetings&Sightings forum. Oooops. But I'm not the only one, a lot of people here thought the fan's a guy.

:shifty:

waynetravis said:
Question:

Here is my picture of the door with my name:

DSCF0477.jpg

And here is a recent pic I found on flickr:

2386524189_1321e839d5_b.jpg

Why would someone scribble out my name? :huh:
I spotted it a while ago, but never had a clear shot to be certain.

What gives?? :|
Looking again, it also looks like a big chunk was scraped away above the RE in the word 'FIRE' (where Tony33 has now put his name), anyone know what was there before?

That big grey patch was there before, it's on my other pics.

Looks like I'm going to be heading back to Dublin with a marker pen

^^ Awwwwh Wayne ... That's awful. Yes, you need to go back again.... tell Sam and or Bono what happened they might ask you inside!! :)

Cool deal for Susan OMG, that is awesome!! Congrats!!
Can you give any more details? You know we live for details around here
:wave:

Last edited:
[email]rich@u2.com[/email] said:

Hi, please can you e mail this pic to me whoever you are, i am the guy in it !!! LMAO !! sorry i don't know your name *blushes* cheers rich e mail is rowen@merepark.com

heh heh, I thought you originally posted the pic in the other site for I borrowed it to show you off ;)

Please tell us your story in the "band meetings/sightings thread :hyper:

here!

http://forum.interference.com/f233.html

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:

e24cb345.jpg

****Jealous****

I do wonder, though, if Edge is going to be doing any Orbit commercials with a smile like that.

Dirty mouth?

U2FloridaFan said:

I think he looks great...did anybody ask him how the new CD is coming??

I loved how he kept the fans waiting a bit (probably finishing up a phone call to some world leader or something)...lol. Nice that the fans didn't mob the car...aren't U2 fans great!

Did Larry ever show up??

Karen and I asked about the new album and he said hopefully at the end of the year with a tour next year - to which I replied "famous last words"!!! Luckily he laughed and said "you're right famous last words indeed"!! Phew its nerves that makes me say such stupid things!!!!!

BonosCamerawoma said:

Karen and I asked about the new album and he said hopefully at the end of the year with a tour next year - to which I replied "famous last words"!!! Luckily he laughed and said "you're right famous last words indeed"!! Phew its nerves that makes me say such stupid things!!!!!

Hahaa, almost made spit my tea out onto my keybooards! :lmao: I think Bono knew you didn't mean in a nasty way. :wink: I would've probably said the same thing in response! :lol:

Dang, it's one thing to be waiting outside HQ to spot the band coming and going, or to be lucky enough for them to come out to meet fans....but to be invited inside the studio? WOW! Great story and pics! :up:

Unbelievable. WOW, just WOW.
Great stories.
Eastfly- WELCOME !!!:wave:

Wayne- I am so sorry that happened to your sig. :madspit: WHEN you DO go again, you SHOULD tell them if you can.

:giggle: BonosCameraWoman and Karen- I am sure Bono and the boys loves the ribbing he gets. He is quite playful. Very cute what you said.:applaud: :dancing:

Babydoll said:

That's what I told him last night! It's really mysterious, this. It definitely looks like his name has been very deliberately removed. :|

Wonder why anyone would do that.... So mean and immature.

I agree, Babydoll - there are a lot of mean and immature U2 "fans" around.

What goes around DOES come around though. :yes:

Sorry for your misfortune, WT. I've been there.

Back
Top Bottom