another scare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I have just found out that one of my best friends has malignant melanoma. She doesn't live in the same state that I do but I just got an e-mail about the crisis. Needless to say I'm terrified. I am also ashamed that I have ever complained about my life. I don't have any worries like this in my life and I think it's stupid for me to complain. My only excuse is that I'm naturally a pretty highly strung person, an autistic. But I still feel ridiculous because I don't think this is an adequate excuse. Maybe God is trying to teach me a lesson.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she'll be okay. Do you know if the cancer is in an advanced state?

Don't beat yourself up over complaining about your life. I think it's something we all do from time to time. We all react differently to circumstances. It is not your fault.

:hug:

No, the cancer was just diagnosed. She is going to have to be treated, and I'm dreading the news, quite frankly. And I suppose it's not stupid to complain about anxiety. Trust me I feel it. I am glad I'm seeing my therapist tomorrow.

With the support of people like you, verte, she will surely get the love she needs to get through this.

You're in my thoughts. :hug:

Thanks everyone! It's been a tough summer, what with the death of my friend, shingles (and now annoying Post-Herpetic Neuralgia--ouch!) and my mother's stroke. It's a bit like arriving at the Gates of Hell. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
Thanks everyone! It's been a tough summer, what with the death of my friend, shingles (and now annoying Post-Herpetic Neuralgia--ouch!) and my mother's stroke. It's a bit like arriving at the Gates of Hell. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Aw *Hugs*. Poor verte...

I've had the "summer from hell" of sorts this year, too-but for very different reasons (mine being some really, really frightening weather that had been occurring here off and on, particularly in May and June-I swear, I cannot wait until fall gets here and things start calming down).

Here's hoping the year gets better for you. :).

Last edited:
I just e-mailed a prayer request to the Shrine of St. Jude in Chicago. He is my patron saint, and now the good priests of the Shrine will be praying for me! I feel better.

I think I replied to this in another forum too but umm I'm scared of that one so I'll just answer here now. :tongue:

Anyhoo, try not to beat yourself up any complaining you've done. I've had the year from hell too (sounds like it's going around :uhoh: ) I feel strongly that yes, there is always someone out there who is worse off than you, but you are still very much allowed to have your own feelings, worries, complaints, etc regardless.

Also you said it was just diagnosed, that it a blessing really. That kind of cancer is highly curable if caught early. :) :hug:

verte76 said:
I just e-mailed a prayer request to the Shrine of St. Jude in Chicago. He is my patron saint, and now the good priests of the Shrine will be praying for me! I feel better.

St. Jude's a good guy, he won't let you down! :up:

neutral said:

Also you said it was just diagnosed, that it a blessing really. That kind of cancer is highly curable if caught early. :):hug:

None the less, my thoughts are with you, verte :hug:

Adam said it best-

53f150fd.jpg

^^^^If that picture doesn't cheer a person up, I don't know what will. I know I have a smile on my face just looking at it-and I'm personally in a good mood as is right now. :).

Also, verte, that's cool about the prayer request. Sounds like you and your friend are set as far as support goes. :D.

Yeah, St. Jude has gotten me out of some real scrapes in the past, and I know he'll do it again. 2004 is just turning out to be one really tough year for me. Thank God it will have an end! Next year had better be better! You can always find someone who's worse off than you. I just got an e-mail from the daughter of a shingles patient who is in a terrible predicament. It's much worse than mine. The really bad thing about shingles and Post-Herpetic Neuralgia is that it makes you depressed. But I agree, that picture is enough to cheer any U2 fan up!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
Yeah, St. Jude has gotten me out of some real scrapes in the past, and I know he'll do it again. 2004 is just turning out to be one really tough year for me.

Sure sounds like it. But hey, perhaps this second half of the year will produce nothing but wonderful things-that's the way life seems to work sometimes-a string of bad luck, and then a string of good luck, and vice versa. So hopefully good things will start happening all around for you soon. :).

Originally posted by verte76
Thank God it will have an end! Next year had better be better!

Here's hoping.

I just got an e-mail from the daughter of a shingles patient who is in a terrible predicament. It's much worse than mine. The really bad thing about shingles and Post-Herpetic Neuralgia is that it makes you depressed.

Aw, that sucks. :(. Shingles sounds like such a sucky thing to endure. Hope things get better for the girl and the patient.

But I agree, that picture is enough to cheer any U2 fan up!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Indeed. Leave it to Adam to make you smile and feel reassured (couldn't have picked a better quote to display on the shirt).

The rest of the guys do a pretty good job at making us feel better, too. :yes:. One reason why we love them so much.

One of the reasons I fell in love with U2 was that their music is such a damn good anti-depressant. I fell in love with them during one of the toughest periods of my life. A friend of mine had just committed suicide. It was hell. I hope the rest of the year is better. I have great therapists, so I'm sure they'll be able to help as well. They are both really good autism therapists. Being an autistic makes this stuff harder to handle, but I'm sure it can be worked out. I just have to keep my hope, and I'll be OK. I may have some special Leather Day requests! Sometime soon I'd love a ZooTV thread since those are my fave Bono pix! Ooh, they're hot!:drool: :drool: :drool: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom