Alright, Who watched Leno? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2001, 11:43 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Alright, Who watched Leno?

Just checking to see who has watched Jay Leno? U2 did a great performance of Walk On...The guys looked very proud and honor to be performing...After their performance Larry and Adam (the camera did not get a good shot of Edge) were clapping for the Military...

I thought it was a very moving performance and Bono was pretty funny talking Jay Leno after their performance...

Old 11-22-2001, 11:49 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 04:29 AM
It was amazing!!! They really did a great preformance and I'm glad they played "Walk On" instead of "Stuck". It was a nice surprise. Not to mention that they all looked great!!!! Bono's little interview was so cute and SEXY!

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono

"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet."
- Bono

Old 11-22-2001, 11:49 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Is that all they played?
Old 11-22-2001, 11:53 PM   #4
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
Is that all they played?
yup..that is it..not a lot of time to play more than one song...there were two other guests...Alyssa Milano (who was completly emotional about being the replacement for Pam Anderson, which btw I was happy that she was the replacement) and DL Hughley...
Old 11-22-2001, 11:53 PM   #5
Acrobat

Location: In the stillness of the evening, when the sun has had its day
I watched also and what a great performance. I also, like the interview afterward. I was glad Leno talked to Bono since sometimes he doesn't have time to talk to his musical guests. Maybe you guys could help me out. What did Leno mean when he said they are their "coalition partners"?
Old 11-22-2001, 11:56 PM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Lise:
What did Leno mean when he said they are their "coalition partners"?
I would think that he meant that Ireland was supporting the USA...
Old 11-22-2001, 11:57 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ok-loved that Larry FOR ONCE was visible

Didn't like Jay's so called 'interview'-why don't the other three ever get to talk?

And he asks Bono about his 'recent' visit w/ the Pope-which was I believe 2 yrs ago. And did anybody else catch that he called him Bow-no?

Just my humble opinion-Letterman is so much better than Leno-as an interviewer and w/ musical guests.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:03 AM   #8
Refugee

Bono looked so healthy!
Really!
I mean he was shaven and his hair was all nice. He looked great! And I loved both the song and the interview after.
-Bluey

------------------
*97% Compatible with Mona!*
Bluephisto
Old 11-23-2001, 12:07 AM   #9
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Ok-loved that Larry FOR ONCE was visible

Didn't like Jay's so called 'interview'-why don't the other three ever get to talk?

And he asks Bono about his 'recent' visit w/ the Pope-which was I believe 2 yrs ago. And did anybody else catch that he called him Bow-no?

Just my humble opinion-Letterman is so much better than Leno-as an interviewer and w/ musical guests.
Yeah, I heard Jay say "Bow-no" and it made me cringe. I laughed when Jay mentioned about the recent visit with the Pope b.c. I thought "wow what a dumb ass for not knowing that the visit was not recent"...I think Bono looked at him kinda funny with that remark...Jay should have done a little more research on Bono and how to properly say his name...and yes, Lettermans interviews are much better!
Old 11-23-2001, 12:09 AM   #10
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:

I agree with you. I've always liked Letterman better. Leno's not that funny and is kind of annoying. But ya know, Bono is just so yummy, that I loved it anyways. And I also agree that for once, I would like to see the other guys get interviewed, or at least go up and sit with Bono while he talks.

------------------
"Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..." - Bono

"I would certainly consider myself to be one of the inventors of the mullet."
- Bono
Old 11-23-2001, 12:16 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I watched it. I'm glad they played Walk On--very appropriate for service personnel who were watching it overseas, away from their families on Thanksgiving.

Like I said in the other thread, only Bono can come to America while we're focused on Afghanistan and tactfully remind us about the world problems of poverty and AIDS.

Gotta love this band...now if only someone would do a whole show where all four would get to say a few words.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:29 AM   #12
War Child

Yeah, I agree with having all of them being interviewed...has this ever happend? I know that Bono and Larry were interviewed on Letterman (which btw i missed)...Didn't it look like for a sec. after they finished Walk On, they would all go sit down with Jay and be interviewed...I say this because the camera was focusing on Adam and Larry setting their instruments down like they were going to go on stage with Bono..oh well, maybe sometime in the near future all 4 will be interviewed.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:56 AM   #13
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
OMG! I still have to wait to see the show. Here on Mexico it's on air at 2:00 am!!
Luckly, I get home around 1:45 am so I get to see them PLAY WOO HOO!

And trust me: I'm gonna have to make the sacrifice because I really don't like to say Leno. I don't like his interviews, and he always talks about nonsense. I hope everything went great on the show.

But how come they only played 1 SONG?!
Unbelievable! U2 is a SPECIAL and DELUXE guest on every single show they appear, they at least had to play 2 songs. Oh well, I'll have to stick with only walk on...

Question: Did Bono signed the Harley that Jay has on the show???

Old 11-23-2001, 12:59 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

YAAAAAAY Larry looked feckin hot, I didn't actually get to see it cos I was at a friend's house but my Daddy recorded it for me without me asking for it He's well trained and a sweetheart

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*
Old 11-23-2001, 01:01 AM   #15
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
How cool for you Mullen Girl. I wish my mommy and my sister would do that for me, at least once in their life *sigh*