A Crazy Electric Co. w/Bono & Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
Not from this vid, but same idea.... what a little nut!

bwbonobabyclimber.jpg

I think this one maybe be from Werchter, only 1 or 2 days after Roskilde.
Bono climbed all the way up and afterwards and when he was back on the ground he looked up and mouthed "never again".
Great gig, the pic of Bono waving the white flag (for the very first time) is also from Werchter.

And although JCOSTER is right about them not being very well known back then, the crowd in Werchter was also 45.000-50.000 because these are festivals, al lot of bands perform in a line-up.
So U2 played during the day as they were not headlining in those days ;)
I was lucky to be there (went especially for U2) and all can say it was a great experience :wink:

greety said:

I think this one maybe be from Werchter, only 1 or 2 days after Roskilde.
Bono climbed all the way up and afterwards and when he was back on the ground he looked up and mouthed "never again".
Great gig, the pic of Bono waving the white flag (for the very first time) is also from Werchter.

And although JCOSTER is right about them not being very well known back then, the crowd in Werchter was also 45.000-50.000 because these are festivals, al lot of bands perform in a line-up.
So U2 played during the day as they were not headlining in those days ;)
I was lucky to be there (went especially for U2) and all can say it was a great experience :wink:

ooooh you lucky dog you that must have been awesome!

Wow greety thanks so much for that! That IS awesome that you were there too, how cool.

(And your icon always makes me laugh) :giggle:

It was awesome indeed.
they played there the next year as well, and yes, I was present :wink:

Simple minds were playing too, and during Some one, somewhere in summertime, Bono came on stage to sing along.
Great atmosphere :up:

greety said:
It was awesome indeed.
they played there the next year as well, and yes, I was present :wink:

Simple minds were playing too, and during Some one, somewhere in summertime, Bono came on stage to sing along.
Great atmosphere :up:

Do you happen to know if this was from one of those shows?

472218e2.jpg

Yes Granny, that must be from Werchter as it's the same branch with the flag as in the coloured pic I posted above.

I don't know if you remember the story but sticks or umbrellas are prohibited, so the girl who made that flag, yanked a branch of a tree and attached her sheet onto that. Next it made history ;)

edited to say, this is from Werchter 1982

greety said:
Yes Granny, that must be from Werchter as it's the same branch with the flag as in the coloured pic I posted above.

I don't know if you remember the story but sticks or umbrellas are prohibited, so the girl who made that flag, yanked a branch of a tree and attached her sheet onto that. Next it made history ;)

edited to say, this is from Werchter 1982

Thanks, I made stills from Gateshead and Werchter but was never happy with the quality.:(

Back
Top Bottom