Whose gonna open for U2 on the 3rd leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Any word yet?

I had a suspicion that it was the Killers, since they are only play a few dates in Europe. Either them or Franz Ferdinand.

The Dalton Bros. ! :wink:

Seriously... no idea. It looks like they've taken a liking to Arcade Fire, though. That would be awesome if they opened for the third leg! :up:

Nerfherder said:
The Dalton Bros. ! :wink:

Seriously... no idea. It looks like they've taken a liking to Arcade Fire, though. That would be awesome if they opened for the third leg! :up:

yes..

Arcade Fire
Interpol
Doves
Bloc Party

either one of those would be a great choice.

Rumor is that Keane will start the Toronto dates. I hope so.....cause I missed Keane when they came to Toronto!

God i hope keane is NOT opening in Toronto. I saw them on Saturday Night Live, such a boring uninspiring performance. They would put the crowd to sleep with all their same sounding, boring Coldplay rip offs.

Arcade Fire on the other hand, would practically light the entire arena on fire with their passion and musical prowess. I've seen the band perform before all the hype started and they just blew me away.

Interpol would be great as well.

Anything but keane really

canuck086 said:

Arcade Fire on the other hand, would practically light the entire arena on fire with their passion and musical prowess. I've seen the band perform before all the hype started and they just blew me away.

I saw Arcade Fire play back in November and agree with Canuck. Lots of energy. Reminded me of a young U2. Win Butler went into the crowd to dance with the fans. Would love to see them open in Philly.

I'd like to see the Killers open for U2 this fall. If they're not available, my 2nd choice would be Louis XIV, one of Rolling Stone Mag's 10 artists for watch for 2005. And getting rave reviews in other publications as well. I just saw Louis XIV Monday night in a local club. They were great!

1) Killers
2) Franz Ferdinnand

Oasis I would have #1 but that wont happen.
I'd even say Snow Patrol, anyone but Kings of Leon.

i think the killers and franz ferdinand might be "too big" to open - though i'd love to see either of them!

Arcade Fire would rock. I'd also suggest The Dears, a hot band from Montreal- saw them in Hoboken last week, and they had great energy! :)

Killers would be ok....I was a big fan, but saw them in Montreal and it was the most lackluster performance I've seen in quite some time. Brandon Flowers was a wee bit too arrogant for a band whose album hasn't even been released for a full year.

I think that all of these great bands (I'm sure Bloc Party is next) announced for Europe are to appease the masses since it sucks for them having to go to stadium shows. It's fair that they get a better overall show than NA. People can get excited like it's a double-bill of sorts. I wouldn't be surprised if U2 isn't excited to see some of those acts live themselves. Interpol on only one date? I'm sure U2 will be checkin them out that night.

I doubt we'll be so lucky in NA, but hey, ya never know. Oh, and as for Louis XIV...I have seen a few positive reviews, but unfortunately, you will have to be aware that they've been given the death sentence for all things cool -- check out their Pitchfork review -- it's um...rather harsh (but comical). I'm not saying I take it for gospel, but trust me when I tell you that there is no review that is more powerful right now as to whether the overall feeling of a band is cool or not.

i'd like an established band for the third leg... sort of like how they got no doubt and garbage for the third leg of elevation.

i don't want an up and commer... i want someone who i already know is good... otherwise i'm just spending the time that the opener is on boozing... which is ok i guess.

Back
Top Bottom