Where should U2 record their next DVD for the Vertigo Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It would be great if they did a Live From New York City! But they already did the Elevation DVD in the US so I don’t know if they’ll do another one there.

Last time they were in Italy in the Elevation Tour, (I think when they did one of the few stadium shows on that tour), they added a couple of songs after Walk On, which is unusual for U2 and it seems like the crowd was amazing. Also the Zoo TV from Milan is the only show I have ever heard where the crowd sings everything and out loud, all the words, the melodies, everything. So record a show somewhere in Italy would be cool too.

I would love if they recorded a show in Brazil! :love: Bono has said that the São Paulo show in the PopMart was one of the best shows they did on that tour and for those who have seen the show or heard the bootlegs you can see that the crowd was abolutely great and so was the band. But they would have to add a date for Brazil on their tour schedule first. :(

The Sarajevo show in the PopMart tour was not only a legendary U2 show but an amazing show as well, so if they came back there it would be cool if they took their film crew there to film it all.

I woulden`t mind f they came to my hometwon as well. :wink:

Mainland Europe, it would make sense.

Australia's turn was during Zoo TV, Mexico's during Popmart, and US/Ireland during Elevation.

In U.S. will be arenas and only alittle "bigger" shows" than on Elevation.
In Europe there will be "something bigger than ZooTV/PopMart".

There should be 2 DVDs, one from U.S. (New York) and one from Europe (London, Munich?).

Vertigo: U2 Live in Hampden Park, Scotland :ohmy:! Hey C'mon, that has a ring to it don't you think? Ok maybe I'm a wee bitty biased then:wink: ...but then the Scottish dates are always that extra bit special I reckon :love:

I hope it is "Vertigo Tour - Live in Lisbon"! ehehehhe:dancing:

But now that I think, it would be nice... Madonna's REinvention Tour DVD that didn't not come yet was shot here, it'd be cool that U2's next live DVD was shot here...

U2girl said:
Possibly Amsterdam, with all those dates...

That's what I'm thinking. We know how U2 love The Netherlands, so it would make sense for a DVD to come from a Dutch concert someday. Hopefully this tour.

As much as I would love to see another big concert DVD shot in an arena or outside venue, I would like to see them do something smaller and more intimate - maybe a club show DVD or dare I say something ala unplugged or even similar to Sting's "All This Time" DVD that he put together from a small show at his home in Italy.

Originally posted by bathiu [/B]

There should be 2 DVDs, one from U.S. (New York) and one from Europe (London, Munich?). [/B]

Yeah, I agree totally!!!

But I think the U.S. version should be from Chicago...
I've seen U2 concerts in NY before, but the NY audience/fans don't seem to make "as much noise" or get "overly-excited" as the Chicago audience/fans do...
I don't know if it's actually the people or the arena space that makes the difference.....

As for the (outside U.S.) version...how about ( France?? )
You know it's beautiful there...and considering the fact that Bono & Edge own a villa there...it's not that "far-fetched" of an opinion.

I don't think they will record a show in America this time because this first leg is shorter than usual so they maybe they won't feel so ready to record a show then, therefore I think they'll end up doing so on the second leg. I woulden't mind if they came back to the US in the thirrd leg and play at Giants Stadium and record a show there. Wow, that would be awesome! :hyper: Don't think it will happen though, which is a shame cause I really wish that the recorded show was at a stadium.

Due to the logistics of filming the show, it will almost certainly be in a venue where they are doing multiple dates.

Twickenham would be ideal, the last major concert there was filmed, U2 concerts in London are usually a bit special and they've never filmed one in England before.

I can only assume that it's going to be one of the European dates because the second US leg would be too late I would guess for it to be in the shops before Chistmas and the first US leg is too short to be up to standard.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Let me tell you that at the last San Jose concert (4//20/01) it was as loud and as great a show that I've ever seen....however it is way too early into the tour to film....:(

Yep, they need to film either San Jose or Oakland. U2 always puts on amazing shows in the Bay Area. Maybe it's because Willie Williams' hometown is San Francisco? Or because the band likes to use the Bay Area as its west coast hub? That 4/20 elevation show was ridiculously good...

In all fairness though, I'd like to see Amsterdam get a DVD. Those Dutch fans are dedicated, man.

DVD 1 - U2 Vertigo Tour - live from MSG
DVD 2 - U2 Vertigo Tour - Live from Brussels (I'll be there :wink: )
Bonus - U2 live under the Brooklyn Bridge

I am certain that they will release a DVD by the Christmas season. For this reason, I believe that an American show will be recorded for this to happen.

Back
Top Bottom