What are the Chances????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
What are the chances that at the end of of the Hawaii show, the last show of the Vertigo Tour, set in paradise, that Bono gives another "we have to dream it all up again, it's the end of the road blah blah good night" speech........

Any chance that Bono will give another speech just like New Year's Eve at the end of the Love Town Tour? Fans went crazy as they thought the band were breaking up.....but it was just a speech letting us know that they were going in a new direction musically and from a tour perspective than they're previous tours.

Thoughts?

:hmm: The possibility's always there, but I'll stick my neck out and say: No - there won't be another 'dream it all up again... end of the road' speech.

They don't like to repeat themselves, and at this point in their careers they have the cache to do just about whatever they want without pronouncing it to the world. I'll guess we'll find out in April, though, huh? :wink:

BluRmGrl said:

They don't like to repeat themselves

except for bono who likes to say the same things over and over again

"thanks for spending your hard earned money on a rock show"

I'm leaning towards no "dream it all up again" speech

But I could see his "Miracle Drug" speech slightly altered. His current speech is about his faith in the future of medicine and mankind and how we'll get better and better as a society.

I could see him elaborating and saying "our best work is ahead of us....the possibilities are limitless, w/ Edge, the scientist, and Adam and his swagger, and Larry, well, being Larry, our journey is not over and the best is yet to come"

Actually I heard him say "Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show," :hmm: Bono is so spontaneous.

I doubt we'll see another "dream it all up again" speech. Although if there were to be one, I think there would be a lot of happy fans around here, even if it is a recurring speech. At any rate, I think it's safe to say there will be some sort of departure rant.

Chizip said:

except for bono who likes to say the same things over and over again

"thanks for spending your hard earned money on a rock show"
Well. of course, except for that. :rolleyes: I know that type of thing gets monotonous if you see them 20 times on the same tour, but consider all the fans who only see them once - it feels fresh to them & that's what matters. :)

Back
Top Bottom