What about us,die hard fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:
Zwervers and LJT for casual Cure fans you both seem to know a lot about them.

I was wondering about their performance I did not see them at all. Wonder if I can check a replay on aol?

hmm probably could they were at Paris:wave: haha i used to really hate The Cure too then listened to them again a year later and loved them, odd how it can take a bit of maturing to appreciate music or a change of perspective..

Muse's performance was apparently brilliant need to see theirs:yes:...Matt Bellamy has potential as a great guitarist.

redkat said:
Zwervers and LJT for casual Cure fans you both seem to know a lot about them.

I was wondering about their performance I did not see them at all. Wonder if I can check a replay on aol?

I do my homework(being a musician and all:wink: )

they played..
open, 100 years, end just like heaven and boys don't cry

pretty cool set :rockon:

zwervers2 said:

Understatement of the year
:lmao:

haha yeh you are right he is already a great guitarist, just im thinking along the lines of kids 40 years from now going...'hey Matt Bellamy of Muse was such a legend':wink:

LJT said:

haha yeh you are right he is already a great guitarist, just im thinking along the lines of kids 40 years from now going...'hey Matt Bellamy of Muse was such a legend':wink:

Well I don;t think that that will happen to be honest but in my book he allready is one kickass guitarplayer.would liek it if they would vary their sound more...1 hour is enough for me to be honest but within that hour I'm fascinated.:wink:

You two should get together for a drink you seem to have lots in common. :wave:

It does sound like a good set. I'll try later to see it. In btwn all the 4th of July celebration.

Zwervers I never was able to download your song. Couldn't get the link to work. Would love to hear it. Have you put it in the music section (band and clatter is it?)

haha well Matts been talking up their next album about how varied in sound it will be, Absolution was certainly a more epic album than their previous two. Also do you have the Hullabaloo CDs? some of the songs on it are very interesting like Map of Your Head:yes:

redkat said:

It does sound like a good set. I'll try later to see it. In btwn all the 4th of July celebration.

Zwervers I never was able to download your song. Couldn't get the link to work. Would love to hear it. Have you put it in the music section (band and clatter is it?)

Oh yeh have a great 4th of July darlin...hmm song dedication i feel is coming up...U2-4th of July, slightly predictable:wink:

redkat said:

I will sweetheart :sexywink:

mmm darlin :combust:

:D

I think i really need to get to the States if darlin has such an effect...:wink: maybe its just that im an Irish guy saying that hmm

redkat said:

hi redkat..I will post 3 songs tonight!

LJT said:

:D

I think i really need to get to the States if darlin has such an effect...:wink: maybe its just that im an Irish guy saying that hmm

That is it:yes: :sexywink: Of course you have to back it up with other charm but it's an incredible opener. I could never get sick of hearing it:cute: Maybe it's just me that :combust: but it would probably work on others :( if you must

Last edited:
redkat said:

I couldn't download your song either zwervers. I did what you said and it didn't work.

1stOne said:

I couldn't download your song either zwervers. I did what you said and it didn't work.

Hi Sylvia!

I'll post them on just the bang and the glatter...in between the two dots(next to eachother you have the put in the words

KUEFC09U2 said:
come to think of it, i think even when bono does sneeze, he is just miming it, because i swear i seen him turn away from the mic, but i still heard a sneeze, but he wasnt anywhere near the mic

:tsk: what a fraud, I'm disgusted that Bono would lead us on like that, trying to make us think he sneezed...!

you don't suppose Larry sneezed...? Always behind that drumkit, it's hard to see him, y'know. Maybe Bono had Larry sneeze for him because let's face it, Bono's sneezes aren't what they used to be.

girlhappy said:
I just have to say more about Vienna concert last nite.
I never thought it would come to this:bit i am a bit down! after u2 concert!!!!!!!!!!There were moments of joy, like..Electric Co, All i Want is you ,and City og Blinding lights,and
ZOOTv songs. But, what about An cat dubh???I will folow is played so many times, just as New years day,,,,and so on.
Why we dont deserve songs like Ocean and 40????Do they think that we are all mainstream fans??After all these years how come they dont want to change this very same set list plus actual album songs? I even thought that maybe is their time to retire.
I never ever thought i would think that way,....but maybe they should before they fade away?
Just to make things clear: I adore early u2 and that will never change. Iknow it sounds terrible,does anone understand me?
I am really in pain about this it is my 4th concert and the usual thrill is gone,just gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HelP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when they only play one night at a city, they have to cater for the mainstream fans (who are in the majority). When I was at Croke Park I greatly enjoyed An Cat Dubh/Gloria/OOTS, but there was many "passing" fans who only really got excited when they played the likes of Bad/Streets/Pride/One. I'm sure if they'd had another night or two in Vienna you would have heard the classics.

sigh

please remember that U2 have to play a show for 80,000 people- of those only a handful are likely to know songs from an album released 25 years ago that was hardly a best seller anywhere. They have to keep up the momentum of the show- 15 minutes of tracks off Boy will send alot people to the bar/ toilet/ concession stand

The show is going to include alot of songs that a variety of people know- from hard core to casual fan, concentrating on a cluster of well known singles/ album tracks plus the new album- this is not the Boy or October tour, nor are they playing in small clubs

it is not just U2- every other established act does the same thing, when i go see REM, I know they will play Everybody Hurts, Man on the moon and Losing my religion, when I go see Duran Duran, I know they'll play Rio, Reflex and Save a prayer- all great songs but as long time fan of both I'd be happy never to hear them in concert again.. but they won't ditch well known songs for obscure album tracks (much as I would like them to) that only a fraction of the audience will know- same applies to U2. I've seen similiar discussions on forums for these bands as well

I've been lucky to see them 4 times and I was more than happy with what I heard and saw, wouldn't have made any changes to the set list at all.

zwervers2 said:

Hi Sylvia!

I'll post them on just the bang and the glatter...in between the two dots(next to eachother you have the put in the words

Hello you! I seem to keep missing you online. I will try it again thanks.

Back
Top Bottom