Want 86 GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling something you don't already have? Well, there goes my idea of shoving a fork up your arse, twisting, and then ripping the tickets from your bare hands.

I cannot believe you have the audacity to absolutely rip off fans with your exorbitant charges. How do you sleep at night?

Like I said, I didn't expect to get tons of love from you folks... I'm just trying to shed a little light on it.

I sleep just fine at night. Just like EVERY OTHER Businessperson who sells a highly sought after product and charges a fee for the product/service.

Thanks again! I'll leave you now.

Good Luck in your ticket hunts, and when you do get tickets (from whatever source), enjoy the show! It's sure to be GREAT.

k-rider said:
Like I said, I didn't expect to get tons of love from you folks... I'm just trying to shed a little light on it.

I sleep just fine at night. Just like EVERY OTHER Businessperson who sells a highly sought after product and charges a fee for the product/service.

Good Luck in your ticket hunts, and when you do get tickets (from whatever source), enjoy the show! It's sure to be GREAT.
No, wait a second. I want you to try to explain again just how you consider your business to be "legitimate". You obviously didn't do a good job the first time, so maybe you can give it another go.

Try skipping the pretentious family crap as well, if you don't mind.

K-Rider brings up some interesting points -- let's face it folks, this is America -- supply and demand sets the price. If we did not have the passion for the band, we would not vent our frustration toward him. Naminator comes on strong with the sweater refute -- get back in the ring, I like the debate.

How is it NOT legitimate?

I may not be working to find a cure for Cancer or develop a longer lasting lightbulb, but the only arguement that can be made that my business is not legit is that I do not produce anything.

What I sell is my service.

There are TONS of SERVICE oriented jobs out there in this world that don't produce anything either. How am I any less Legit than any of them?

k-rider said:

You think you run a business? Are you stupid, ignorant, lacking a conscious, or a combination of the three? Of course you're not going to get any love here because you're not providing a service - you're providing a complete rip off, taking advantage of people by offering tickets at prices inflated incomprehensibly high.

A business provides a service that is satisfying to the customer, not a cold, miserable fuck up the arse like your ticket con. You're not charging any fee, you're being greedy, staggeringly greedy.

This is why I despise capitalism. It allows twats like this guy to screw genuine fans out of lots of money or tickets.

I support ticket brokers... I've bought tix or my brother has from a few brokers. In some sense, they do suck and in another sense they can be a convenience/ boon, b/c shit does happen. Interesting point of view and interesting info though I find some of what you revealed pretty funny stuff k-rider.

k-rider said:
How is it NOT legitimate?

I may not be working to find a cure for Cancer or develop a longer lasting lightbulb, but the only arguement that can be made that my business is not legit is that I do not produce anything.

What I sell is my service.

There are TONS of SERVICE oriented jobs out there in this world that don't produce anything either. How am I any less Legit than any of them?
Since you seem to be such a fan of keeping things simple and elementary, I'll keep it basic, just for you.

There is a chocolate bar, a really rare chocolate bar - only 500 of them are made, and a lot of people really want to buy one.

Somebody like you comes around and buys 300 of them, and decides to sell them at 3x the rate. Naturally, under the guise that you were "providing them a service".

In essence, you are taking away the FAIRNESS and EQUALITY of capitalism, something that competition is supposed to bring. You are also taking away the right of us being able to purchase a product for a fair price. You are taking advantage of us, and the situation. By taking advantage of a single event, you are not supporting the concepts of fairness and equality. In a way, you're creating your own monopoly, a practise that is NOT legit in a free market economy.

In fact, can't businesses be taken to court for creating monopolies...?

You're 0 for 2 now, my friend. Not exactly fighting odds in your favour. I'd say you have one more chance before you crawl back down that shithole you call a life and exist in your little bubble of ignorance.

Axver said:
A business provides a service that is satisfying to the customer...

Again, I invite you to take a look at my feedback. I assure you that it is quite different than your average "scalper." I ask you to show me ONE CUSTOMER of mine who is not satisfied..

I am fighting a losing battle, folks. There is NO way that I can convince you otherwise.. You've had a LONG day and are looking for somebody to pick a fight with. I've stated my side, and there's nothing more that I can do.

You want ME to be the scapegoat as to why you didn't get any tickets today... Please let me tell you that TICKETMASTER and U2's Fan Club TOTALLY SCREWED UP THE PRESALE TODAY! There wasn't enough of an allotment for ANY of the venues, and Ticketmaster Could NOT handle the presale volume at all. If this is how today went, I cringe at what will happen on Sat/Sun/Monday.

But if you didn't get tickets today, there are things that you can do in the future to help yourselves... Pulling prime tickets is all about getting into the system the millisecond that the event goes "live," and any time wasted will only hurt your chances.

How many of you had your Passwords saved in your computer's clipboard so all you had to do was cut and paste it in the Password Box?

Those fractions of seconds can make ALL the difference in the world.

Good night all, and good luck.

I'd refute that last comment of yours, too, but obviously your heart isn't into it.

Hopefully I won't punch one of your kind in the face next time I'm at a major event.

P.S. Thanks for the advice. You're such a great help. Where were you all my life.

Take a look at Ebay. I'm not the only person out there selling, so I don't think that I've got a Monopoly, my friend.

Furthermore, do a Google Search for U2 Tickets. My name is not among the brokers up there. Wrong again.

Please take a look at THIS site. If you click on the "U2 Tickets" tab, you are taken to a broker. NOT ME.

Sorry.. you're wrong, and your points really don't make much sense.

I'm starting to lose my professional composure, so it's REALLY Time that I call it quits here.

I had my high speed modem, my password clipped, ready to paste and at 10:00.30 there were no tickets available.

How is that fair. Ticketmaster screwed us, and so did U2.com.

Giving 10% to it's membership, while holding back 90% for bastards like you who scalp and raise prices.

You wonder why Marx wanted to move out of capitalism, it's just a system that exploits.. People like you K-rider.

How can you be a fan of the Band and act the way you do. such a sad comentary on how you just don't get it.

I am broke, can you see my cracks?

k-rider said:
Take a look at Ebay. I'm not the only person out there selling, so I don't think that I've got a Monopoly, my friend.

Furthermore, do a Google Search for U2 Tickets. My name is not among the brokers up there. Wrong again.
By having you scalpers take away the fair opportunity for us to buy tickets the proper way, the way we're supposed to do it, you and your scalper colleagues are basically making yourselves the sole avenue to purchase tickets. At much, much, MUCH higher rates. You take away the competition so you can make money. That's called a monopoly

Sorry.. you're wrong, and your points really don't make much sense.
No, YOU'RE wrong and you fucking know it.

I'm starting to lose my professional composure, so it's REALLY Time that I call it quits here.
Good. I'm starting to get sick of you, anyways.

Last edited:
Naminator I feel for you and all but a free market economy isn't about the consumer/ for the consumer. Fairness and equality isn't what capitalism is all about or the point of capitalism. It's about supply and demand what results of such a relationship. Fairness and equality is not a prerequisite/ necessity of capitalism.

Last edited:
k-rider said:
Again, I invite you to take a look at my feedback. I assure you that it is quite different than your average "scalper." I ask you to show me ONE CUSTOMER of mine who is not satisfied..

That means nothing. That's feedback from people (gullible, stupid, overly desperate, too much money to know what to do with, et cetera) who are actually willing to pay your insane, ridiculous, and grossly excessive charges.

Look at the feedback you're receiving here. Same goes for the feedback on the LiveJournal U2 community. Most people think you're scum and won't waste their time buying from you, thus your reputation on e-Bay stays intact. What people really think about you is far different.

I hope that some day soon, law enforcement pull you up for some legal breach. Then your kids can see just how moral and ethical (or not) you actually are.

Flying FuManchu said:
Naminator I feel for you and all but a free market economy isn't about the consumer/ for the consumer. Fairness and equality isn't what capitalism is all about or the point of capitalism. It's about supply and demand the results of such a relationship.
But that's also why we have initiatives to prevent against being taken advantage of - intervention, basically. There isn't any intervention being taken for situations like this, so k-rider and his buddies are basically buying remaining supply and setting their own prices, since they know we can't get it anywhere else.

Flying FuManchu said:
Naminator I feel for you and all but a free market economy isn't about the consumer/ for the consumer. Fairness and equality isn't what capitalism is all about or the point of capitalism. It's about supply and demand what results of such a relationship. Fairness and equality is not a prerequisite/ necessity of capitalism.

Capitalism is a fucking crock of shit and this proves it.

First, you're selling a product you don't have. what are you going to do when someone asks you where their tickets are after you cashed their check?

Second, it's ILLEGAL to sell tickets so high above the ticket price. Never once have you said how you justify the fact that you BREAK THE LAW.

You obviously aren't a big U2 fan because you would know the band is totally against scalpers and the like. So why even waste your time going to a show in which the band looks at you as scum?

You are a middle man who may not have a monopoly -- that would belong to Ticketmaster -- but you and the other scalpers provide an oligopoly in which you are work in collusion against your "customers". I would love to hear what you have to say to your kids when a show they want to go to is sold out and you can't use any of your tricks or connections to get them in. Are you going to pay $500 for your kid to go to a show?

Don't pull this family sympathy crap on us. You want to play the sympathy card? I was across the street from the Trade Center on 9/11, I saw the band six weeks later in a crowd that was so intense, the band wrote a song about it. All I wanted was to see them play that song for the first time in the place that inspired them -- and also the place where I met my fiance. So does that make you feel sorry for me? Are you going to give me a break and a discount on GA tickets?

I don't know how you can justify being scum, but if it helps you sleep better at night, you may have the perfect conscience to be a hired hit man.

seriously,
if scalping isn't wrong, why is it illegal in most places?
i never quite understood why a guy selling tix outside of a theatre above a certain face-value can get arrested, but a broker can get away with charging 10X as much without so much as a peep from the law.
am i missing something?
feel free to clue me in.

Jersey2miami said:
seriously,
i never quite understood why a guy selling tix outside of a theatre above a certain face-value can get arrested, but a broker can get away with charging 10X as much without so much as a peep from the law.
am i missing something?
feel free to clue me in.

h t t p ://pages.ebay.com/buyselltickets/rules.html

From the looks of it - it's ok to scalp tickets as long as the owner does not live in the same state as the event.

Last edited:
Naminator said:

But that's also why we have initiatives to prevent against being taken advantage of - intervention, basically. There isn't any intervention being taken for situations like this, so k-rider and his buddies are basically buying remaining supply and setting their own prices, since they know we can't get it anywhere else.

I'm just disagreeing with your whole assessment on what capitalism is or should be. There are forms of manipulation/ controls that try to create "the perception of fairness" but that doesn't mean they are necessarily fair or what capitalism is all about. I just didn't agree with the angle you were arguing from. However, people do have a point about criticsm directed towards people selling a product that they do not currently possess. As for pricing. Blah... a lot of times demand sets the price (and there is a demand) and people willing/ crazy enough to pay for it.

Like I've said... I've used brokers before and there are good things about them and bad things about. It would be hard for me to wish them away b/c they do provide a convenient/ helpful resource. Of course, the whole eBay ticket pricing issues and the legal issues (i.e. the limit on which you can sell tix) are interesting angles to argue about. But at the end of the day, I could care less at this point b/c its just the system that was to blame for today's mishaps IMO.

Last edited:
Jersey2miami said:
seriously,
am i missing something?
feel free to clue me in.

You know there are many people who unfortunately bought the crappy tickets from the pre-sale that are going for better tix from the regular sale with the intention of keeping the better tix and selling the crappy tix... I wouldn't be surprised if people actually try to make a buck off it as result. I don't begrudge them that opportunity even though it's ticket scalping as well.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:

You know there are many people who unfortunately bought the crappy tickets from the pre-sale that are going for better tix from the regular sale with the intention of keeping the better tix and selling the crappy tix... I wouldn't be surprised if people actually try to make a buck off it as result. I don't begrudge them that opportunity even though it's ticket scalping as well.

I think that the difference between being a guy getting rid of an extra ticket for a few bucks and being a broker purely in it for HUGE profits is a bit like the difference between being a street-walker and running your own bordello.
One's plainly more "wrong" than the other, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, at least k-rider gave us pretty much his entire business model before he left. Might as well put this info to good use.

We're all gonna be rich, I tell ya! RICH! We're gonna live like KINGS!

Anyone want to buy a keychain? I may not actually have it yet, but I just put it up on eBay for $50.

I am actually a fan of capitalism. However, capitalism isn't about incredibly high prices and exploitation. Its about free market enterprise and competition.

I think that we are paying U2 and ticketmaster enough for their services. They are setting the prices (based off of our high demand) We are paying them. For their services. Not for yours.

Your sweater example was lame because instead of us getting upset with Abercrombie, there would have to be another person, another scalper. If someone bought a sweater from Abercrombie that cost $5 to make and is instead selling at $85 well that’s okay. Abercrombie is obviously selling it to make a profit and to cover the costs of the sweater, labor, shipping from Indonesia, etc. However, someone would have to buy that $85 sweater and sell it for $1000 for it to be analogous to your example. Its not fair. Its not legal. Its lame.
And that my friend is not capitalism. While it may not be a monopoly, it is a form of oligopoly and is an overall rip off.

sixtoe said:
Well, at least k-rider gave us pretty much his entire business model before he left. Might as well put this info to good use.

We're all gonna be rich, I tell ya! RICH! We're gonna live like KINGS!

Anyone want to buy a keychain? I may not actually have it yet, but I just put it up on eBay for $50.

LOL... defintely took notes... LOL

I am disgusted about this whole situation. The only times i paid for u2 tickets at regular price was Joshua Tree. Since then they have been a high demand band. I paid at least around almost $20 to see The Unforgettable Fire. Those were the days. The last time i saw u2 it was $250 per ticket and that was a scalper. I live in Los Angeles and I was trying to hit Arrrowhead and Staples, so far it looks like i am not going to either one. I would love it if they would start the process all over again. To cancel the tickets that were sold today and start a fresh new start , when they decide to get their shit together.:madspit: :madspit: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom