Waiting........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fingal77

The Fly
For those elusive new dates.....am I the only one starting to lose patience and also hope.....the longer we wait - the longer I worry...It's been over a month since Bono did his interview with Denton and words slipped out of Bono's mouth...and yes before I am shot into flames - I do realise that someone in the band's family is desperately sick........just waiting and losing small amounts of hope each day....... and even ticketek has removed it's U2 page......ho hum...

Last edited:
fingal77 said:
...It's been over a month since Bono did his interview with Denton and words slipped out of Bono's mouth...

The Denton interview was March 13, - not 'over a month' ago. But I know what you mean and I feel the same. But there have been a couple of posts to suggest rescheduled dates are progressing - NZ ticket agency and Rocko.

I'm just hoping everything turns out okay (dates and Edge)

Someone posted on zn Oz thread a link to ticketmaster.com.au for a show listed as scheduled for Nov. 30.

I Agree...this waiting is killing me. I can't stop thinking about the money I've layed out too, money lost and money out of pocket now stuck in an airline voucher and hotel voucher. I realize someone's life is more important. But either cancel outright, or make re schedule announcements and get on with things. Sheehs my impatience is wearing thin even for U2. I would have been leaving for Hawaii this week, and I'd REALLY like to know when I am going to be able to have this "vacation" that is also being postponed.

:mad:

i would have been in hawaii yesterday. had hoped to have the new dates by the time i had to cancel my flight, but it wasn't meant to be. beginning to lose faith in a reschedule here in nyc too

of course we all hope for a speedy recovery for the ailing family member, but when you're so far removed from the situation its hard to keep things in perspective 100% of the time.

let's hope there's an announcement soon - one way or the other.

Ticketmaster.com.au and .co.nz has rescheduled all of its dates for the u2 shows to nov 30th. its clearly an arbitrary date to keep the shows in the system

I'm just wondering if the announcement will be as close to the dates as they were when announced late last year - which mean an announcement when... July...?

swirling_eddy said:
I'm just wondering if the announcement will be as close to the dates as they were when announced late last year - which mean an announcement when... July...?

I gave up checking over two weeks ago for announcements. I've decided that they'll be announced when U2 are ready to announce them so until then I'm not going to worry about it until then and enjoy the 8 or so gigs I'm going to before November.

What is clear is that U2 are obviously not in any rush to release the re-scheduled dates, and unless Ticketmaster/Ticketek/MCP are lying to everyone, they don't know what the dates are either. MCP told my mate yesterday that they have no idea when an announcement will be made, so it would appear the wait for new dates could go on for a fair bit longer.

For those expecting an imminent announcement in the next few days , I certainly wouldn't get your hopes up. I would say maybe in another month or so we might hear something, but at the moment, I wouldn't count out July either as the month an announcement is made.

I'd just like to know if it is on or off. If off I'd like to reschedule my Hawaii vacation in December before everything is booked. As it is everyday that passes the price inches up just a few more dollars.:mad: If on I'd like to know the dates for the same reason as previously mentioned.:(

What I don't get is why Bono sold us that bollocks on Denton's show.

I respect the man less with every passing day.

^Like you, I am also VERY eager to re-book a vacation to Hawaii. I grow tired of playing the waiting game. Some bit of news would be nice. I don't lose respect for Bono or for the band, but it would be nice to hear SOMETHING!

By saying concerts would be announced soon, Bono has defused(dismantled?) the situation and snuck out of the country with no controversy.

Like everyone, I think a decision should be made public asap. If new dates are not yet known, then by definition this is an indefinite postponement, and whether the shows are rescheduled is questionable. Someone somewhere has a big stockpile of cash (conservatively $40million) earning a nice return until it has to be refunded.

Axver said:
What I don't get is why Bono sold us that bollocks on Denton's show.

I respect the man less with every passing day.

Unless we get different info from U2's management or their promoters, the November plan still stands.
It may very well be the negotiations took longer than they thought, or it could be health issues got bigger.

U2girl said:

Unless we get different info from U2's management or their promoters, the November plan still stands.
It may very well be the negotiations took longer than they thought, or it could be health issues got bigger.

nah, bono is full of shit. we all know that he opens his mouth without thinking. it's just who he is and what he does. he also happens to be the greatest frontman that ever lived, so he gets away with it.

remember, U2 will be playing new dates in November on the back of a brand new experimental hip-hop album where Edge will be on fire... Oh, and you'll be able to download the shows on itunes straight after....

GIMME SOME TRUTH B-MAN!!!!

I am definitely disheartened. I've got to start committing to other travel this Fall (including November) for work and would love to hear any little new info there is.
Like everyone has said the "definitely back in November" seems to be just a kind of placeholder. I don't need exact dates right now, but just another annoucement saying "hold on, it will still be November" would help.
Obviously I'm sympathetic for the family, but I also have sympathy for everyone out there holding airline vouchers and the like. I was supposed to see them in NZ, coming from the U.S. We continued with our plans to visit NZ even without U2 because there's so much to see and do in NZ anyway. But, like everyone else, it's no small thing to commit to going back just to fullfill your original plans.
I'm not bitter, I'm just disappointed and beginning to plan that I just won't be able to go this Fall. We'll see.

Mark

who even said bono was lying? if i remember right he gave the word "hopefully be able to announce" not "definatley", jeesus if it is what we all thing it is, the condition is very very unpredictable

p.s. as i said how do people know bono is lying? the dates may still happen in november,

It's just good to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way. I honestly thought I was from all the comments that have been made the last few weeks.....I only lost $40 and I know alot more of the interferencers have lost a lot more than that. I know it doesn't come down to ultimately what we have lost when there is someone's health on the line. Every day that goes past, disappointment grows, and it's not good for the soul.......I know it's pretty pathetic - but at least I know what the Kylie fans are going through. :(

Remember when we were kids and Christmas morning seemed like eons away, come on lads, some of us now have full blown ADD/HDD and we need to know ASAP about Hawaii. An early Christmas gift in April sounds good to me.

U2log.com:

U2’s crew member Rocko, whose band Rocko and the Devils will be opening for U2 in Hawaii, has updated his weblog and tells U2 fans to stay tuned:

‘Rocko and the Devils will still be opening for U2 in Hawaii!!!! The promoter is putting the last bits of information together before the official announcement of when the postponed dates will be rescheduled for later this year in Hawaii, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. You can expect an announcement on U2.com, as well as this web site, in the near future, so please stay tuned.’

Bono needs this to happen more than we do. It's his H2o. Keep the faith!

I drove past Stadium Australia today and I nearly shed a tear...I said to my co driver - i was meant to be there last week.......:(

its shit to wait, but its probably a massive logistical nightmare to organise it, and they might be possibly waiting to see how the sick person is getting on, what sort of diagnosis has been made etc....

dont forget,t hat have to fit in with other events in the countries, have hoel bookings, get the same crew and have them available, be able to get transport for the stages and everything, and i bet michael coppel is wanting to kill himself right about now!!

hehehehhe

i dont think bono was lying, i just think he doesnt know

dazzlingamy said:
its shit to wait, but its probably a massive logistical nightmare to organise it, and they might be possibly waiting to see how the sick person is getting on, what sort of diagnosis has been made etc....

dont forget,t hat have to fit in with other events in the countries, have hoel bookings, get the same crew and have them available, be able to get transport for the stages and everything, and i bet michael coppel is wanting to kill himself right about now!!

Exactly. :up:

Waiting is better than the dates having to be rescheduled a second time because they were announced before everything was finalized. I can completely understand why many people are getting anxious--I would be if I had tickets--but I do expect them to be announced in the next week or 10 days.

dazzlingamy said:

hehehehhe

i dont think bono was lying, i just think he doesnt know

My thoughts exactly :yes:

arzcrack said:

Someone somewhere has a big stockpile of cash (conservatively $40million) earning a nice return until it has to be refunded.

Cynical, but true

Ellay said:

Cynical, but true

its very very true friend, michael copple has all that money invested and earning him mega intrest by the day as we all know

he is the only true winner out of this situation :(

Re: I feel the same mate

mags said:
Just to let you know that I feel the same. I was due to fly from South Africa! Anyway, will just have to wait....

South African Airways still owes me a digital camera. Boo!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom