Waiting........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, im beyond pissed off now. i doesnt take much to at least give some indication to ticketholders so that travel arrangements, annual leave, etc can be made.

quadcaster said:

its very very true friend, michael copple has all that money invested and earning him mega intrest by the day as we all know

he is the only true winner out of this situation :(

Perhaps that's why there's been no announcement. What I mean is, Coppell would lose money by not having the tour. Perhaps the compensation is that he keeps the money invested for a few months and collects the interest until the tour is eventually cancelled. A comfortable arrangement for all. (except the fans...)

i doubt it'll be cancelled, that much of what bono said i believe, and i hope it'll be november....... it has to be because the airlines give us all 12 months to use our flights so yeah it'll have to be soon

coppell is just keeping the money tied up to earn more intrest, i doubt he will lose very much from the reshedualing if anything he earns more from the intrest

as i said, he is the only true winner here

There may not be an announcement for a good while. They want to be sure when they schedual the new dates that the situation that caused the postponement in the first place has been resolved to a satisfactory degree. I think they want to avoid as much as possible a situation where they announce the reschedualed dates and then have to postpone them again or cancel the entire thing all together.

LAte summer you all be told i promise. u2 dont release gig plans until like 2 months before the show starts so august i assume be your best bet people.

vaz02 said:
u2 dont release gig plans until like 2 months before the show starts so august i assume be your best bet people.
I think I'll go into a corner and have a cry!!! :(

vaz02 said:
LAte summer you all be told i promise. u2 dont release gig plans until like 2 months before the show starts so august i assume be your best bet people.

Late summer is February next year. Not that I'd be shocked if we do end up waiting that long, only to learn it's been canned.

(Though I do currently think they will still come.)

Axver said:

Late summer is February next year. Not that I'd be shocked if we do end up waiting that long, only to learn it's been canned.

(Though I do currently think they will still come.)

I think he means summer in the Northern hemisphere. He's from Manchester. That would be August.

I can really hear Bono coming out in a couple of months and saying something along the lines of...

"This band is producing the most amazing sounds at the moment. The Edge is on fire and we want to capture this is the studio before the flame goes out. We just need to get these sounds recorded as they are like nothing we've done before, its an extraordinary thing being in a room with these 3 men right now."

"We really wanted to finish off those shows as these people mean alot to us and we put them through hell. We'll make it down there on the next tour and it wil be amazing, I can tell you that. This just might be our best record yet."

bono_man said:
I can really hear Bono coming out in a couple of months and saying something along the lines of...

"This band is producing the most amazing sounds at the moment. The Edge is on fire and we want to capture this is the studio before the flame goes out. We just need to get these sounds recorded as they are like nothing we've done before, its an extraordinary thing being in a room with these 3 men right now."

"We really wanted to finish off those shows as these people mean alot to us and we put them through hell. We'll make it down there on the next tour and it wil be amazing, I can tell you that. This just might be our best record yet."

:yes:

Honestly the bull shit that comes out of that guys mouth :tsk:

bono_man said:

bono... is that you? :eyebrow:

seriously, that sounds pretty much spot on

bono_man said:

I'd laugh, but I just realised you're Bono's speechwriter.

Axver said:

I'd laugh, but I just realised you're Bono's speechwriter.

If you think you are going to blame me for Bono's boring speeches during One you've got another thing coming! :p

Now I'm a wee bit worried - Pearl Jam are not far from releasing dates and it also looks like November - BUGGER :ohmy: Yes it will be fantastic if the dates don't coincide....but if they do with the tickets I have already - I will cry!!! :sad:

bono_man said:

If you think you are going to blame me for Bono's boring speeches during One you've got another thing coming! :p

No, I assumed the two positions must be different. I take it you handle bullshit speeches (official title is "spin and hype"?) and someone else does boring rambles (official title is "inspiring motivation"?).

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the health issue is far worse than we know, and maybe the band is in a position they have never been in before? I mean Im sure Bono really wants it to be NOV. and Im sure he had good reason to think it would be at the time if the interview. People have a right to their opinion. I myself have a package and GA tickets for Hawaii that I had to rebook, but Im not going to say that Bono was just saying that to shut people up! I believe that they really intend on playing these shows and when they do, all you people who are bad mouthing the band will regret the insensitive comments they've made.

~Peace, Sarah

Well, I am wanting to go see a few shows in oz when they are announced, so I am hoping when they tell us teh dates, there will be some tickets floating around I can buy. I am currently wondering why I am willing to fly to the other side of the world now, but travelling to europe didn't occur to me last year. *moron*

:wink:

Well I think they'd resolve any date finalising by now...Fogel/Coppel know nothing, management/U2.com is quiet too - I'm also beginning to think the health sitaution is causing this. You'd think they've been through enough at the start of this tour.

:|

I imagine Bono was told something like "November, we're just finishing off the dates" in Sydney, then something came up. If it's what originally postponed the last shows, I can perfectly understand the silence.
Like someone else posted, the band probably want to make sure they will be able to come before they announce firmly set dates.

Last edited:
Sarah...this thread would never have started if Bono hadn't have said new dates were 'possibly imminent'. Perhaps he was being 'specifically vague' but his comments and the tone of his voice sounded like he was highly optimistic.

I'm sure he did have a "good reason to say November". Maybe even then "something came up", and they don't want to put anyone in a position where they have to "reschedule rescheduled shows".

Silence would have been understandable had there been no intimation about November. But it is now BAD FORM for no follow communication to have been made.

"Looks like November" and "dates may come as soon as tomorrow" doesn't sound 100% confirmed to me, nor is it outright lying.
Besides he's not the one in charge of booking and announcing exact dates. What happened to all the voices of support with the delay at the start of this tour, and the original news of delay for the last shows?

I agree the silence is odd, but on the other hand what should they be saying until they have the definite go for the last shows? If the health situation is indeed the reason, I certainly don't expect them to go public.

Last edited:
Somethings starting to happen.

From Ticketek home page:

The Vertigo tour will be rescheduled to November.

We are not yet able to release the confirmed new dates, but hope to be able to do so within the near future

All tickets currently held will be valid for the new dates without need for exchange.

If any ticket holder is unable to attend in November on the rescheduled date that will correspond to their current ticketed performance date, they will be able to obtain a full refund from the point of purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom