U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into U2 in 2000 but I feel like I've been a fan since the 80's. I slowly purchased every album and got into the history, zoo tv, popmart, I fell in love with the band and now my wish has come true. THEY ARE COMING TO ADELAIDE TWO DAYS BEFORE I GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!! This is like the last hoorah for my single man life. I'm about to close a chapter of my life and open a new one with my beautiful wife and the concert is like the celebration for me. What a way to end a chapter!!!!! I never thought I would see U2. I remember when I first brought Rattle & Hum on DVD and I was blown away by their live performances, I actually cried during Bono's rant in 'SBS', and I'm a grown frigin man!!!

I can't wait. 40 000 fans singing at the top of their lungs to the band that changed my life. YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hi Cass this is Cass!, and I too am wide awake in Australia awaiting Rage!

Looking forward to my first U2 concert in Melbourne on the 19th. I'm from Brissy but I can't see the concert here and I'm an original Melbournite so I'm going home to see the boys :)

Very excited.

hello Cass85. Is your real name Cass and you were born in 1985? My middle son was born in '85 ( he's the one that prevented me from going to the Lovetown concert) If he had been born a girl I was going to call him Cass :) My name is short for cassowary Cass O'Wary, my Irish pseudonym :)
What is the time for heaven's sake? They would spring the change to daylight saving time on the same night/morning U2 are on TV **dazed and confused** Must be soon. Computer says 4:58 am.

Carrotflowers ( fantastic name, no doubt has a fantastic story attached?)
FAR OUT! U2 and a wedding...YOUR wedding. Congratulations. may the sweet light of rock and roll shine upon your marriage. I am at a crossroads in my life too. My 3 sons are now young men, youngest currently doing his HSC. It feels weird to be just me. Sadly I had devastating news a few weeks ago about the East Coast frreway having to be built right through the middle of my house and beloved 27 year old garden I have put my heart and soul in to (whilst listening to U2 music LOUDLY) I feel as though my heart is being torn from my body, suppose that's why i can't sleep. As someone said "U2 concerts are like church. Go their and heal your soul" For those 2+ hours maybe it will ( not really, my every waking hour is filled with tears and anxiety) I am hoping Bono will look out from the stage and think "hmmm, that woman looks as though she'd be a great nanny for my boys and take me back to Ireland"
You never know your Irish luck eh?

Nice chatting with you here. I was treated very shabbily by some of the regulars here some time ago and I have boycotted Interference since then. But I am so totally excited about the impending tour so I've made a brief return to share the buzz.

Brisbane's concert on the 7th is going to be extra special, first show of the new leg AND Melbourne Cup.. Bono made extra effort last year with a personal call to the owner of Makybe Diva after the race..

We're surly in for Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses... :drool:

cass said:
hello Cass85. Is your real name Cass and you were born in 1985?
Correct and Correct! Very original with my handle wasn't I - name and year of birth!

cass said:
What is the time for heaven's sake? They would spring the change to daylight saving time on the same night/morning U2 are on TV **dazed and confused**
Tell me about it! I ended up staying up the whole night - It came on here (brissy) at 5am. It was so awesome having the vids in chronology, seeing the band grow up :)

cass said:
Sadly I had devastating news a few weeks ago about the East Coast frreway having to be built right through the middle of my house
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't begin to imagine what that feels like. Hopefully Bono and the boys can temper your sadness :)

Yay! Nine days!
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the deal is with the ellipse if you're in a group of three? If one of you gets your ticket chosen, will they let you take two friends in?

Trent-U2-Fan said:
Yay! Nine days!
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the deal is with the ellipse if you're in a group of three? If one of you gets your ticket chosen, will they let you take two friends in?

There is no ellipse. That was only in North America.

The inner zone here is first come, first served.

Thanks for your help bono_man2002 and Axver.

Just two more questions :wink:
Anyone know if the roof of Telstra Dome is going to be open? What time should I get there with my tickets?

HOW AWESOME IS THIS GONNA BE? :hyper:

20 more sleeps people...

COBL_04 said:
Anyone know if the roof of Telstra Dome is going to be open? What time should I get there with my tickets?

The roof will likely be closed. On the second leg (the only other leg to feature both the stadium setup and stadiums with roofs), I believe the roof was always closed when they played roofed stadiums, namely in Gelsenkirchen and Cardiff.

As far as what time to rock up, I've got GAs and I'll likely show about mid-afternoon. If I had seats, I probably wouldn't bother arriving until 8:30pm, thereby missing Kanye (I'll give him a go at Brisbane, but I'm sure I'll be sick of him by Melbourne).

Cass85 said:
Tell me about it! I ended up staying up the whole night - It came on here (brissy) at 5am. It was so awesome having the vids in chronology, seeing the band grow up :)

I've been awake since 1am :ohmy: It was nice to share the dawn with U2. I was bopping around until I got an IDEA!!!
Unfortunately I only have an elcheapo camera and the batteries were almost flat, but it was fun trying...as they say.

WATCH MORE TV
Utvxxxx.jpg

Watching the film clip also gave me an iidea of what to wear to the concert. I embroidered a jacket especially for the ZooTV show. I feel another coming on. Help keep me busy until November 7.

I am still half watching TV. Another musician I love just won an ARIA Award with his album. Troy Cassar- Daley :heart: Going Back Home is one of my favourite country songs.

:hyper:

Last edited:
kennerado said:
I also have GA, I will see you in the line Andre.

See you there! :wave:

Should be a good crowd in the Melbourne GA lines. I know a fair few folks going to those shows.

shortfuse said:
Cant wait.... getting so close now.... only a week till I fly out to Australia and just 11 days till my first ever U2 show...:drool:

Ohhh, so lucky!! :drool: You must be antsy to get there.

Really? Is that a genuine shot? It kinda looks like the beginings of the Zoo TV stage? Is this a old shot from 1993?

I think the beginnings of all stages would look like that. It's pretty early to be getting it up though, so I guess they will be doing some rehearsing in Brisbane.

Definitely a genuine shot... saw it this morning :drool:

Don't think I've ever been so excited about seeing towering metal pillars.

Well thats very cool then! Where did you see this?

I am going to contact MMM today to see if I can get some info!

I dont care what people here say, I want to know where they are staying! They could be here in Brisbane very, very soon!

Also good to note the sheer amount of Australia related stuff popping up in here now. Good to see!

Righto, I'm off down to the stadium later today unless something else comes up! :drool:

bono_man said:
Where did you see this?

(I assume that was directed at me btw - sorry if it wasn't)

With my own two eyes... I suspected something was up as early as Saturday night.. I was driving home at 1am in the morning and the gates were still open (which pretty much never happens). I drove in and there was a detour set up and security guards swarming around... so i kinda got cold feet and turned around. Then yesterday I was busy so I didn't really get a chance to check it out, but this morning I finally got some free time and sure enough there it was.

Its so close I can feel it in the air!

Thats fucking cool. Id say we are definately going to get a least a few days of rehearsals RIGHT HERE IN BRISBANE!!!

Maybe U2 to arrive on about Thursday?

Im going to head down there later and check it out. How close can you get?

miracledrug83 said:
Definitely a genuine shot... saw it this morning :drool:

Don't think I've ever been so excited about seeing towering metal pillars.

That's exciting to hear... they haven't blocked acess to the stadium grounds then?

Anyone planning to be around there on the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom