U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DignityPassesBy said:
Axver is sux!

Your grammar and spelling sucks more, but at least I think you mean your comments in good humour unlike ZooMacTrollo800. :wink:

Axver said:

Your grammar and spelling sucks more, but at least I think you mean your comments in good humour unlike ZooMacTrollo800. :wink:

You're the one that seems to dislike... not me.

If I was in New Zealand I'd buy you a pint of every Kiwi's favourite drink - Foster's.

ZooMacTrollo800 said:

You're the one that seems to dislike... not me.

If I was in New Zealand I'd buy you a pint of every Kiwi's favourite drink - Foster's.

You just keep spouting nonsense.

I'm curious to know.. from the Aussies, for which of you will this be the first time EVER seeing U2?

I'm technically not an Aussie, but this'll be my first time, I was too young last time they were here :wink:.

I was thinking about this the other day, the last time they were in NZ I was 9, by the time I see them in November I'll be 22 :ohmy: :drool: .

Sicy said:
I'm curious to know.. from the Aussies, for which of you will this be the first time EVER seeing U2?

It will be the first time for me as well, AAMI Stadium here I come! :wink: I have been looking forward to this day for a long time now, especially with all the cancellation and all (+ they havent been to Adelaide in yonks, I was only a kid then and obviously didnt listen to music).

Last edited:
not sure if you guys know this or not, but THERE IS ONLY 22 DAYS UNTIL U2 PLAY IN AUSSIE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO

I'm honestly less excited than I thought I would be. I wish it were Dream Theater or Porcupine Tree or Anathema instead. Ah well, maybe I just need to give UF a spin.

Sicy said:

Not me, I'm up in the 40's somewhere.

I was born and bred in the UK before moving out to Oz. My first gig was The Longest Day show (Unforgettable Fire Tour) at Milton Keynes Bowl, when I was 11. My Dad took me and the only reason I got to go was because it was in our hometown at the time. Weather wise, it was a crap day because it rained, but that couldn't ruin it for me.

I remember walking back to the car afterwards with hundreds of fans singing "How Long To Sing This Song." Amazing.

Kids at school would look at me in disgust when I'd tell them my favorite band was U2. They still are my favorite band, that has never changed. These days even my little four year old daughter knows who Bono and his friends (as she calls them) are!!

Since the MK Bowl show I've been lucky enough to see them on every tour. A couple of times on the Joshua Tree, once on Lovetown, and the rest during Zoo TV/Zooropa/Pop & Elevation. There was a time during this tour it looked as though they might forget about the Aussies but thankfully that wasn't the case! I still look forward to every U2 show like it's my first though and I can't wait to see them at the shows I'm attending here.

First timers - you won't be disappointed!

Like many of you posting to this thread, I have been a U2 fan for many years, but had never been fortunate enough to see them in concert prior to Vertigo. I went to the Buffalo NY, USA concert in December 2005 and had an amazing time - they were even better than I expected and I was just so excited to be there, they could have sung "twinkle twinkle little star" and I still would have screamed and yelled!
I am an expat Aussie, now living in the USA (hubby is a Yank) and my best friend will be going to see U2 at their Melbourne concert, it's also her first U2 "live experience" and I am as excited for her as I was before the Buffalo concert. I think the Australian/NZ audiences are in for a treat - U2 haven't been there since Pop Mart and I'm sure they're eager to make up for the disappointment of postponed dates etc.
All you first timers - enjoy. You will not be disappointed.

It's my first time, but im having to threaten friends with their lives as they are all dropping like flies with their tickets. The excitement just isnt there for people now, i guess it seems unreal, even to me a bit, but ARGH! my big group of 10 people going to melb has now dwindled to 5! its so annoying!

im still going to 4! woooooo! :D

adrball said:
where are all you Aussies? Compare this thread with Hawaii and it doesn't appear that the excitement levels have started building yet.

Yeah, but look at how talkative we were before any dates were announced - those threads were epic! Seems we do better when there's nothing definite. :wink:

But honestly, the excitement's yet to take hold for me ... I'm too focused on uni stuff right now, really.

I became a U2 fan around the time they played Popmart Brisbane.... if only i came to a few weeks earlier :(

So now Vertigo Brisbane will be my first show!! Hope they play a Pop song for me, lol

23 more sleeps to go!

Guys,guys we better get crackin'.....now are we gonna meet or what.....there is stacks of U2 stuff all over fox....i'm getting fired up now!:hyper:

This will be my 3rd time of seeing the boys!
I will be going to Nov 10th & Nov 13th Sydney shows :D

Last edited:
Axver said:

Yeah, but look at how talkative we were before any dates were announced - those threads were epic! Seems we do better when there's nothing definite. :wink:

But honestly, the excitement's yet to take hold for me ... I'm too focused on uni stuff right now, really.

Well....
aktion033.gif
get going with uni stuff and get back in here and start chattin'....we need some Axver knowhow on setlists and stuff!

Axver said:
I'm honestly less excited than I thought I would be. I wish it were Dream Theater or Porcupine Tree or Anathema instead. Ah well, maybe I just need to give UF a spin.

Fine give me your tickets and Ill do you a favour. :wink: :wink: I am incredibly excited, been looking forward to the tour for years. But I havent seen U2 live before so it will be extra special, being my first U2 concert and all. :drool: I know what you mean about Uni and all, otherwise I would be wasting time reading U2 by U2, listening to all the albums and dvds again in anticipation of the concert. To top it all of I will two exams in the morning of the concert and 1 exam the following morning. :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom