U2 in Australia - Official Countdown Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could someone who meet them: Tell them about Mercy, that many fans think that it is one of their best songs and that fans would love to see the song released. Please :)

I just saw my daughter-in-law on the national news :heart: :heart: she is most of the shots. She is wearing her black chef's jacket ( she worked damn hard for that ,I'm so proud of her) as she was suppoed to be at work. I told her she looks like part of the u2 entourage,Bono's personal chef ( they could do worse, she's a natural, is passionate about food)
What a thrill to see her.
they are going to play the new U2/Greenday on Tv soon. I haven't heard it yet.
HOW EXCITING!!
I hope I get to give the gifts I have to U2. If I was to meet Bono today.....well words can't describe what that would mean to me right now

Blessed

Peterrrrr said:
Please could someone who meet them: Tell them about Mercy, that many fans think that it is one of their best songs and that fans would love to see the song released. Please :)

I second that, or at least try to find out what the band has done of it!

The_Edge89 said:

I second that, or at least try to find out what the band has done of it!

Don't use the line "I second that", it's bad for you. We are U2 fans, and If we want something we get it! :dance: Remember Slane? :)

Leaving the hotel on Nov. 2nd
IML-BM_IC_BONO_10D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

IML-BM_IC_BONO_07D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

IML-BM_IC_BONO_06D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

IML-BM_IC_BONO_04D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

IML-BM_IC_BONO_03D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

IML-BM_IC_BONO_01D705BC25A2C13F10F4.jpg

miracledrug83 said:
I'll summarise....

Okay, waited around from about 5pm... left and came back at 7:30pm (long story)

Basically, scotty from security talked to us for about two hours... told more about GA arrangments and other stuff which i'll share later.

Anyway, at about 10:30 Bono came bouncing out....

He shook everyone's hand

He said they were rehearsing "Kite" "We're looking to do something special with it"

I got a photo with him!!!!

Then came edge.

Didn't say much... but I got to shake his hand and meet him.

I will go into further detail after I come down from this high... and post photos.

OMG

That's great - so happy for you!!!

Do you have any tips for going to the venue tonight or on Saturday? Evening is best?

You're welcome guys :). I figured I'd post them here in case any Aussies recognize themselves or their friends (everyone seems to be hanging out in this thread).

I don't know if this has been posted, but I saw it on @u2:
The band is set to appear next Tuesday on the Rove Live program for what looks like a new interview with all 4 band members. It'll have to be pre-recorded since Tuesday is also the first concert.

Jeffo17 said:
Question... is the stage they have at Brisbane exsactly the same as the one thats going to be in sydney??? Do they have a couple of days to move it and set it all up?

2 stages that are exactly the same, and leap frog each other. So while this one is up in Brisbane, the second will be set up in Sydney. While that's happening in Sydney, the Brisbane one will go to Adelaide and get set up. While they're in Adelaide, the Sydney one goes to Melbourne. While they're in Melbourne, I assume the Adelaide one is off to NZ. Ya dig?

Cool stories everyone! Let's see if I have the same luck this weekend. :wink:

Peterrrrr said:

How about no? Only a small minority of fans think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Give it up already.

And frankly, those of us down here have more important priorities when we meet the band, such as very politely telling them just how much a full One Tree Hill would mean to New Zealand or how The Electric Co. has been the highlight of the tour and we'd love them to play it down here.

miracledrug83 said:

He said they were rehearsing "Kite" "We're looking to do something special with it"

Wow, that is interesting. Not a song I would have thought they would add. Guess it makes since though since Elevation didnt make it to Australia. Wonder what the "special" part its though. Hopefully it doesnt get the Mofo, Daddys Gonna Pay, Velvet Dress rehearsal/soundcheck treatment though.

At the Stadium last night...

MiracleDrug83, we are soooo jealous!!!! We were there until about 9.45pm last night and decided to go, but seeing the stage lights being tested was awesome!!! Where were you waiting? We originally walked around the whole stadium at about 7.30pm, then it seemed like a whole lotta security got there at about 8.30pm, at that stage, we were near the main entrance on Kessels rd. Do you think they'll do any outside rehearsals over the next couple of days, so we can hear some magic?

They're rehearsing Kite?! That would be bloody fantastic! :up:

Glad to see a few of you have met the guys! That is so exciting!!!

We're gonna be there tonight...

My partner and I are going there tonight after work, hope to get there at 4.45ish, we'll stay there for a couple of hours until we head off to see Zoo2 (U2 tribute band) at Irish Murphy's in the city at 10.00pm.

So excited now, Can't wait till tuesday!!!!
I have a Brisbane General admin ticket and am planning on parking at Garden city shopping centre about 9:00am and walking down to the grounds with my brother & sister. Is it first in best dressed in brisbane or do these so called ellipse tickets only enable these ticket holders into the area inside the first barrier??

I plan on going down this arvo to check out what is going on. I hope they are doing some more soundchecks.
It is going to be a huge day Tuesday!!!!

jjobrien said:
Is it first in best dressed in brisbane or do these so called ellipse tickets only enable these ticket holders into the area inside the first barrier??

First in best dressed.

Reportedly, 1,000 specific inner zone tickets have been sold, so people with those get in for sure. But 4,000 people can be held in the inner zone. So the first 3,000 comers get in.

Any ideas on when they will rehearse today? I was gonna go down from about 3 or 4. Too early?

First in best dressed.

Reportedly, 1,000 specific inner zone tickets have been sold, so people with those get in for sure. But 4,000 people can be held in the inner zone. So the first 3,000 comers get in.

Thanks Mate, I can breath a little easier now!!!

Re: We're gonna be there tonight...

larri09 said:
My partner and I are going there tonight after work, hope to get there at 4.45ish, we'll stay there for a couple of hours until we head off to see Zoo2 (U2 tribute band) at Irish Murphy's in the city at 10.00pm.

I should be there around 6-6.30pm-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom