U2 Are Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was just a guess on my part. Although on the Gold Coast, it's pretty freakin' obvious. Not like they are going to crash at El Paradiso Broadbeach, and, despite the sheer mass of hotels there, there's only a couple at the pointy end of luxury.

yep it is the Palazzo Versace

how fucking exciting!

reckon they'l hang out in cavill? hehe

Just heard some fat middle aged Irish dude on the radio say "Been waiting a long time for this". I assume he was talking about the triple park pass he just got handed.

U2 arrives in Australia for Vertigo tour
1st November 2006, 17:41 WST

Irish rock group U2 has arrived in Australia ahead of its rescheduled Vertigo tour.

Frontman Bono said the band was excited to be performing again to its Australian fans, with the band's last official visit being in 1998 during the Popmart tour.

"It is the best pleasure to be here," Bono told Network Ten.

"We have waited a long time for this."

The band headed to the Gold Coast and were staying at the five star Palazzo Versace Hotel.

Bono, guitarist David "The Edge" Evans, bass player Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen Jnr were here in March, at the tail end of the year-long Vertigo world tour.

But the tour was postponed in Sydney when a child of one of the band members - believed to be Evans - became seriously ill.

Eight months later they have returned for next Tuesday's opening Australian concert at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre in Brisbane.

They will also play two dates at Sydney's Telstra Stadium, one in Adelaide's AAMI Stadium and two at Melbourne's Telstra Dome.

They will also play two dates in Auckland in their first visit to New Zealand in 13 years

:ohmy: My daughter-in-law is now head chef at a very popular restaurant on the main drag at Surfer's Paradise. She rang me yesterday all excited saying "One week to go" Far out, if Bono was to wander in to her restaurant she would definitely bail him up and give him the full rave about her mother-in-law being THE biggest U2 fan in Australia. :lol:
Man if that happened I think one or maybe both of us would die. I was going to stay with her the day after the concert. Hot dang I feel like driving up there...RIGHT NOW. :heart:

I just entered the Olympic Park competition trying to win tickets to the Sydney show. That would take some mighty fast driving from here. They contact the winner on Thursday with VIP tickets for the Friday concert,
I hope I win them...I'd drive all night to get there.
How exciting is this musiclovers?
U2 ...here at last.
They should of headed down to the Clarence Hotel in Grafton. I just got back from the 2006 music students CD launch party. They had invited Troy Cassar-Daley and Russell Crowe. We'd have invited U2 if we knew they were here...they could have put up a tent at my place. I've just been out chasing pythons out of my chook pen. They could have had breakfast with the kangaroos and Bono could have told the RTA to feck off and not put a freeway through my house. **ideas person**

:shocked: Oh my god...U2 finally in Oz!!!!!!

Today has been torture at work... i've been checking the forum during my breaks - almost screamed out aloud when i read this thread!!!!

So i'm now beyond focus at work - i'm half at the concert already - you guys really have to stop all this news its making my life hell but i love it :love:

Not only do I have 5 exams in the coming 2 weeks, I have an exam in the afternoon followed by the U2 concert at AAMI stadium that night, and then another exam in the morning after the concert :(
They could have put the concert ANY other time during the year.
There was a 0.27% this would happen and it did. Literally the WORST TIMING POSSIBLE for the greatest event of my life. I won't even be able to line up early because I'll only get there at 5. Somebody shoot me, or do my exams for me.

AussieU2fanman said:
Not only do I have 5 exams in the coming 2 weeks, I have an exam in the afternoon followed by the U2 concert at AAMI stadium that night, and then another exam in the morning after the concert :(
They could have put the concert ANY other time during the year.
There was a 0.27% this would happen and it did. Literally the WORST TIMING POSSIBLE for the greatest event of my life. I won't even be able to line up early because I'll only get there at 5. Somebody shoot me, or do my exams for me.

I am worse (but similiar), I have a uni exam in the morning, then the afternoon and than an exam the following morning (whilst not as many exams I will have 3 exams and 1 MASSIVE ROCK CONCERT within 24 hours :eyebrow:). Then an 8 day break till my final exam :ohmy:. Pretty bad timing. I had GA tickets but ticketmaster had a ticket drop and I picked up A-reserved seats as my exams finish at 5pm and I would end up at the back of a bloody long Aussie Rules Football field lol. So I am better of with a A-reserved seat near the right side of the stage and catwalk(or whatever you call it). I am risking losing money from the GA ticket, trying to sell it for face value or less but not sure if anyone will even be interested. But theres no way I am gonna miss my favourite band for the first time live! Oh yeh good luck with your exams.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman and adambk I'm in absolute solidarity with you. I have uni exams on the 8th and the 10th. I had a ticket to Brissy on the 7th, but of course had to sell it off because the exam on the 8th is at 8am!

Luckily I'm heading down to melbourne on the 18th and am going to the concert on the 19th.

Good luck for your exams and enjoy the concerts regardless! :)

cass said:
:ohmy:

They should of headed down to the Clarence Hotel in Grafton. I just got back from the 2006 music students CD launch party.

MY GOD! My husband just arrived home from the TAFE gig. He donated his time/expertise to give the youth of the area a good night of music. he's just walked in with a big bandage acroos his face and bblood all over his clothes. As he was loading gear out to his car 4 young f@9!wits attacked him, got him on the ground and kicked him in the head and face. I am so mad. Apparently they are Year 8 students from a local school. that makes the about 13 years old, the aggro little shits. **in shock**
It's amazing how you can be so happy one minute and that WHAM!!! something outrageous happens.
I'm bloody glad U2 weren't here to see such yobbo behaviour from Australian kids. Poor Mickel, he gives so much and cops this in return.
Wide Awake and Mega- Pissed off in Australia
:(

cass said:

MY GOD! My husband just arrived home from the TAFE gig. He donated his time/expertise to give the youth of the area a good night of music. he's just walked in with a big bandage acroos his face and bblood all over his clothes. As he was loading gear out to his car 4 young f@9!wits attacked him, got him on the ground and kicked him in the head and face. I am so mad. Apparently they are Year 8 students from a local school. that makes the about 13 years old, the aggro little shits. **in shock**
It's amazing how you can be so happy one minute and that WHAM!!! something outrageous happens.
I'm bloody glad U2 weren't here to see such yobbo behaviour from Australian kids. Poor Mickel, he gives so much and cops this in return.
Wide Awake and Mega- Pissed off in Australia
:(

OMG hope he is ok....thats awful...little turds.:madspit:

Year eight kids? Now, that kind of heinous behaviour is intolerable from anyone, but year frigging eight? WTF? Geez, when I was in year eight (not that long ago!), the worst anyone ever did was threw a tennis ball at someone.

I hope your husband's not too badly hurt, cass. That's just terrible. :down:

anyone gonna tape the rehersals? be interesting to hear window in the skies as i am sure they will be practing it!

Back
Top Bottom