Toronto Band Rehearsals(Private) Sept. 9/10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now that's a tour worthy of a Part 2
Why would you do anything else. Maybe throw in Heartland and One Tree Hill to keep the peace, but if they were to do that there would be some mega drooling going on.

kellyahern said:

I didn't say you were . . .yet :wink:.

Seriously, it wasn't meant as any kind of complaint. As I have said several times on this board: This is business, and business is just business. I don't have a problem with the Vertigo Tour - like any other tour - being one big money machine. I just refuse to be so naive as to think that it is not, and when someone states that they are "giving up a year of their lives" just for *our* sake, well, that needs a little rectification, imo. That's all.

U2Man said:

Seriously, it wasn't meant as any kind of complaint. As I have said several times on this board: This is business, and business is just business. I don't have a problem with the Vertigo Tour - like any other tour - being one big money machine. I just refuse to be so naive as to think that it is not, and when someone states that they are "giving up a year of their lives" just for *our* sake, well, that needs a little rectification, imo. That's all.

It's okay, honestly, I wasn't referring to your post. I just thought that with all the complaining, the phrase "making people happy" was funny :).

I don't disagree that it's a business either :yes:.

U2girl said:

You can't tell Elevation Larry and Adam from Vertigo Larry and Adam (or Bono for that matter)?

Bono in the in the late 80's

bono_037.jpg

Bono during ZooTv

1992-08-07-Outdoor-Zoo-TV2.jpg

Bono during Popmart

lv_bono2.jpg

Bono Elevation

bw_006.jpg

Bono Vertigo

bonoPA_350x350.jpg

hmmm, which 2 era's back to back look the most similiar :hmm:

i could do the same thing for the edge, and you'd get the same results.

the only difference with Larry is it looks like he hasnt cut or washed his hair since elevation tour.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

Bono Elevation

bw_006.jpg

Bono Vertigo

bonoPA_350x350.jpg

hmmm, which 2 era's back to back look the most similiar :hmm:

i could do the same thing for the edge, and you'd get the same results.

the only difference with Larry is it looks like he hasnt cut or washed his hair since elevation tour.

0245b96b.jpg

3ff761d7.jpg

0077eac9.jpg

I'll give you Edge though. That beanie's here for good.

Last edited:
ok, for this tour Bono decided to go with a goofier jacket and headband for a song, i dont know if thats necessarily a good thing :wink:

Bono on Elevation tour: black jacket with red stars and blue shades, looses the shades after first three songs.

Bono on Vertigo tour: jacket with red sleeves, changes clothes during Zoo TV set. Wears red/green shades, occasionally a cowboy hat. Wears the shades longer during the show. Longer haircut.

The only one that really hasn't changed that much is Edge.

Nice try though, of course you skipped Adam without glasses and silver hair.

Last edited:
if you cant see how Bono on the Elevation/Vertigo looks muuuuuuuuuch more similiar than from late 80's to ZooTV, ZooTV to Popmart, or Popmart to Elevation than there is no use arguing with ya because you are probably blind :wink:

Chizip said:
if you cant see how Bono on the Elevation/Vertigo looks muuuuuuuuuch more similiar than from late 80's to ZooTV, ZooTV to Popmart, or Popmart to Elevation than there is no use arguing with ya because you are probably blind :wink:

:uhoh: Is Sicy's sword being sharpened, Chizip? Is that what I hear? :uhoh:

LOL, now it's Bono as opposed to their look in general. Keep trying, let's the pictures do the talking.

Speaking of "similarities" between tours, I didn't know U2 had a stadium setup for Europe shows on Elevation, or that Larry sung and played keyboards, and that Adam walked around the heart as he does now. They totally stole the human rights theme too didn't they?

Last edited:
funny, i could have sworn bono wearing them glittery pants during discoteque on popmart was ALOT more "goofy" than wearing that jackets during this tour, am i missing something? ah yes wait, that was during popmart, so EVERYTHING was cool then

Wasn't there some quote about how Vertigo is an extension of Elevation? (It worked once, so we'll do it again?)

IMO they are very, very similar. Almost too similar. But whatever.
:wink:

And that jacket is hideous. :|

Good God, people here complain too much. :| I, too, will go absolutely bananas if U2 play something from Pop or Zooropa in Toronto. But if they don't...I'll still go bananas. It's U2. I'm fucking lucky I have tickets. I don't care if I hear Vertigo x22, I only care that I'm getting the opportunity to experience one of the greatest bands on earth.

The third leg hasn't even STARTED yet, so why don't you just give them a chance? Maybe they won't throw in anything new right now, but who's to say they won't as the tour goes on? If you're going to hum and ha over what they actually played and what you think they should have played, you'll never enjoy anything.

I'm not saying that I'm not disappointed with certain aspects of the setlists. I do think it would have been nice to include some songs from Pop and Zooropa and mix up the running order a bit. But at the end of the day, it's not MY band.

Back
Top Bottom