Top my ticket fiasco...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zana

Babyface
Apart from not getting tickets at all...I'm really really hot about ticketbasgtard and u2.com's treatment...

I was one of the pre-ticket sale people that got totally screwed. I was a member of u2.com monthes before the pre-sale, and also a past intermittant member of Propaganda-going back to '86. So...when I finally got through, and punched in Best Tickets Available I was given tickets at Croke for the top tier in the very back of the stadium. Those tickets cost like 130. American Dollars. My husband and I accepted that we were going to be in the back...we probably wouldn't see individual members on the stage etc...But, the light show and the sound of the band would make up for that. WELL, when we walked up to the very top and got our first glimpse of the stage we thought 'great...we can deal with this' UNTIL we sat down. We were sitting in front of giant speakers suspended from the top of the overhead roof. About ten seats on every row had a HUGE blockage right in the middle of the stage. There was another set of speakers hanging a couple sections to the right of us as well. Those people had the same predicament. Many people ended up trying to leave and find seats.

In addition, once you got to the top, you could not go down to buy shirts. And, they had none on sale on the top tier. It sucked. Some people left on our row, and we moved down. The situation was a little better. The sound sucked as well from up there. I should have got standing. The tickets would have been a lot cheaper. Why do they charge that much for seats where you cannot see the stage?

Fuckers.

That sucks pretty bad.

I agree with you about the poor sound on the tiered seating, seems to be a common complaint..

I must say, after all that hassle, I'm surprised you even wanted to buy a t-shirt to be honest.

That's really bad luck Zana. I got much better tickets by buying them late, than I did in the pre sale. You just have to have what they offer, cos the pressure is on and you're timed out if you want to look at a seating chart. I won't even try next time, because there are tickets available for every show if you know where to look.

Why do they charge that much for seats where you cannot see the stage?
To be honest the Canal End tickets should be the cheapest ,around 45 euro would be a proper price as they are a poor vantage point.

We were at Hampden Stadium and where the speakers were they seemed to block off that section but can't remember if they blocked the whole lot off. I paid £60 per ticket for myself and my 2 kids and we were to the right in the middle and could see the boys on stage and sound was great. Sorry about what happened to you Zana, that really SUCKS!!

Back
Top Bottom