Today's deal - lines with no presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
since there are no U2.com presale tickets for today, they are using the U2.com membership card as your ID ... or ... a printout of your U2.com profile from inside the U2.com members area

Thats to get onto the U2.com line....

Full post

HOT!UPDATE: NEW OFFICIAL WORD ON SD #2 GA LINEUPS
March 30, 2005
posted by: m2
Update: Hi. Me again. 12:15 pm Wednesday, and I've just gotten off the phone with "Jason", a member of U2's security team who is managing the GA lineup today in San Diego. Here's the latest on what is obviously a very fluid situation:

U2's management insisted that the GA line be separated into two, one for U2.com members and one for everyone else, "in order to maintain consistency" with what started on Monday
so, there are now two GA lines, just like Monday
also just like Monday, both lines will go into the arena at the same time -- the only benefit to being in the U2.com member line is that it's shorter, and should move faster
since there are no U2.com presale tickets for today, they are using the U2.com membership card as your ID ... or ... a printout of your U2.com profile from inside the U2.com members area
many fans have left the GA line to go to the nearby KINKO's to use the computers there to print out their U2.com profile
at future shows, you can bring your U2.com membership card and/or your U2.com profile printout as proof of your U2.com membership status

On a related note, a couple U2.com members have shared news in @U2's Forum that Fanfire is planning a large shipment of membership cards to people who have not yet received theirs.

Thank you for your email. We are getting ready to send out a large shipment of the membership cards. You should expect to receive the card shortly. Weaapologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure to include a copy of this email any reply.)

Best Wishes
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

So does this mean that if I bought tix in the general sale, but am a U2.com member, I can go into the U2.com line?

I hope my u2.com membership card will work for april 1. but it sounds like this is only applicable for shows that didn't have a presale?

Ok I'll break it down..

If the show was presold, only people with presale tickets may get into the U2.com line. If you are a U2.com member but do not have presale tickets you go to the general line.

If the show was NOT presold, if you are a U2.com member you may get into the U2.com line provided you have your membership card or print out of your profile.

Here's a question --

I know there are no lines. Ok. But how is the order of the people in those lines determined? Is it a lottery/wristband situation? Or is the order determined by how early you get there?

Thanks....

Well, the membership page would be damned easy to fake, so there's that.

And now, I suppose the membership cards will begin flooding E-Bay? Members who have used their cards to attend their shows will now have an opportunity to make some money back?

The popcorn is in the microwave. I'm pulling up a chair to watch how much crazier this gets. I swear it's being made into a reality show.

OldTimerU2Fan said:

The popcorn is in the microwave. I'm pulling up a chair to watch how much crazier this gets. I swear it's being made into a reality show.

Oh man, that made me laugh. You're probably right, this whole tour saga is definately more entertaining than "The Celebrity Fit Club".

jon_lemire said:
Here's a question --

I know there are no lines. Ok. But how is the order of the people in those lines determined? Is it a lottery/wristband situation? Or is the order determined by how early you get there?

Thanks....

Its first come first serve, you get into the line.

The only thing that is lottery is the ellipse, and that happens after you get into the doors and they scan your ticket for the 2nd time.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your U2.com membership entitles you to 2 GA tickets to 1 North American show...so let's say you went to the show last night and had "FAN" tickets (2 of them) that you got during the pre-sale, then you purchased 2 GA's through the general sale for tonight's show, you probably wouldn't be entitled to be in the U2.com line tonight because you've already used that part of the mbrship for 1 show. Although I don't know how or if they're keeping track of which mbrs have been to which shows. The only ones to be entitled to be in the line twice are Prop mbrs. And, if everyone starts giving their profile to a friend then the U2.com line is going to end up being as long as the regular line and that will defeat the purpose for those that truly are mbrs. The goal is to either be in the ellipse or right at the rail and the former is randomly determined so it doesn't matter where you are in line, and the latter...if everyone gives their friends profiles, then it's just going to make the wait longer to get in and get up by the rail.

Back
Top Bottom