ticketmaster SUCKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"?Ticketmaster sucks" Really?? What a profound statement.

Seriously, good luck to all. I wont see any until the third leg. That is, if they come to KC or St. Louis.

Re: Re: Ticketmaster not working in MA

Grindstone said:

I worked in a record store that sold TM for years, unfortunately this happened ALL of the time.

can't even begin to tell you how much my staff hated ticketmaster. This is why I only go on-line, believe it or not, with all of these problems.. your luck is better on-line.

I can't tell you how many times my TM server crashed one minute before an onsale. Talk about some pissed off customers. And they were my customers, so it made us look terrible.

I used to curse out the regional TM agent all of the time. We eventually told them to F'off, it wasn't worth the headaches anymore and they really just simply don't care about customer service.

Right on, there. Waiting in line at an outlet to get tickets isn't worth it - there's too much risk involved. Online at home with a high-speed connection or on the phone with a Ticketmaster agent is the way to go.

Re: Re: Re: Ticketmaster not working in MA

matt_tx00 said:

Right on, there. Waiting in line at an outlet to get tickets isn't worth it - there's too much risk involved. Online at home with a high-speed connection or on the phone with a Ticketmaster agent is the way to go.

yeah exactly, however TM wins in this situation too, b/c they still charge the same service charges, but their expenses are FAR less, especially if you pick up tickets at WillCall, they don't have to charge anything for postage.. they also dont have to pay the outlet anything either (however the outlets don't make crap and have to pay for their own T1 lines and labor, which we always had to increase to deal with the lines)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ticketmaster not working in MA

Grindstone said:

yeah exactly, however TM wins in this situation too, b/c they still charge the same service charges, but their expenses are FAR less, especially if you pick up tickets at WillCall, they don't have to charge anything for postage.. they also dont have to pay the outlet anything either (however the outlets don't make crap and have to pay for their own T1 lines and labor, which we always had to increase to deal with the lines)

Its truly amazing how much profit they must make with so little overhead. They have a handful of customer service agents around the country (probably 200-300) that probably make like $10/hour, a very easy/cheap website that probably only needs a few people to keep running, some management, and the need for some computers (and "printers") at their customer service desks and for the outlets. And the computers aren't that great anyway.

Now they have this 'Ticketfast' nonsense where you pay to have them send you an e-mail. I usually pick the free snail mail way unless their high-priced tickets then I go for UPS.

But at $10-$30/ticket for every single ticket for every concert they sell, somebody is getting truly rich. I wish another company could come out and charge half as much for "convenience charges" and put them out of business. But you have to kill off Clear Channel first.

My first post on here, hey guys...

TM online was freaky with me this morning. I put in for my one Philly ticket for the Saturday show right at the stroke of ten. Told me I had less than a minute. I think I'm cool on this one. Bring up a 95 dollar rear stage ticket. I like back of the stage, prefer back corner but I'll take anything I can get after all of the presale stuff. Send everything through and crash...internal processing error. Go right back in, hit for one. Keep in mind this is all within the first minute...sold out. I'm thinking, "You gotta be kidding me". So I figure for kicks I'll go back in again for my one single ticket. Sold out again. Lemme try one more time...bring up another rear 95 dollar ticket. Okay, I'll take it!!!!! Go to send everything through....problem processing the order. F**k me hard! Now I'm sitting here wondering if that order still went through (oftentimes they do). I don't see it on the order history, I figure screw it...lemme try one last time. Pull up another rear seat, didn't even look to see where, just grab it and look to send it through. By this time I'm real antsy during the processing thing because it was at this point where I lost everything. Finally THAT one took. None of the orders ever showed up in my order history but that last one.

The funny thing was that it wasn't until about ten minutes later when someone asked me where I was sitting that I realized I bought the 49.50 dollar ticket, 221A row 5. Back corner on Edge's side, one of my favorite spots (that's assuming it's not the rumored "in the round" setup.

Man, I'm sorry to all who didn't get through. Keep trying TM though. Oftentimes tickets get thrown back into the ticket pool as time goes on. Dont' give up just yet.

I'm wondering, did those of you that bought tickets during the general sale have as many internal system errors as during the presale?

Sicy said:
I'm wondering, did those of you that bought tickets during the general sale have as many internal system errors as during the presale?

No, no internal processing errors...I only got nose bleeds, but they seemed to take credit cards easier.

bonoed said:
you know that stupid page we have to type in that word you can never read, it sure does a lot of good keeping brokers off doesn't it?

Computers are incapable of reading that word, so it serves to protect from a computer going in and scooping up all the tickets next-to-instantaneously.

knox said:

Computers are incapable of reading that word, so it serves to protect from a computer going in and scooping up all the tickets next-to-instantaneously.

Thats not completely true. There is plenty of OCR software that can read a good percentage of those 'distorted' words.

Re: Ticketmaster not working in MA

promenade said:
Another Vertigo Tour tix sob story...

I stood in line at the Peabody, MA Ticketmaster outlet at Filene's department store. The first person in line was able to buy his tix, after that the "system" went down (just here or at all May dept. stores? I'm not sure). Anyway, no one else was able to get a thing. There were about 200 people in line.

This is awful! It's bad enough when you can't get through online, but at least you're sitting comfortably in front of your computer at home or work. Standing and waiting and getting nothing is a horrible feeling. I'm sorry you went through that.

i thought it was very funny- two of the code words i got to type in were "violent" and "anger". Its like they were trying to warn me before the processing error!!!

Yeah same here. I am so pissed. I think I got in right at 10 but then my pages were half loading so I went back and tried again and probably lost any GA's I was trying to get :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom