Ticket Limits in Europe? Does anybody actually know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdparky

War Child
Can anybody answer what the ticket limits are for Europe. I booked 2 for Cardiff in the general sale on Friday, and 4 for Dublin on the pre-sale today. I've spoken to TM 3 times since and had these responses -

1. TM UK - my tickets for Dublin will be cancelled. A manager will call me back to let me know if I can move them to a different card.

2. TM UK (again) - no call back so I chased. Spoke to a different person who told me it would be no problem to move them to another card but I would need to call Ticketmaster in Ireland

3. TM Ireland - told by the guy on the phone who asked his manager that the limit was for the pre-sale only and not the general sale. There is no problem, my booking is confirmed and no need to move it to a different card (which he said they can't do anyway). He also said TM would call me if they were going to cancel at which point they "should" be able to move them to another card. This sort of conflicts with what U2.com are saying but that rule seems to change by the hour.

So, 3 calls & 3 answers. I want to believe TM Ireland, and am almost inclined to seeing as TM UK can't access their database. Does anybody have a definitive answer or do I need to nervously wait a few days for that call from TM or just to find out that they have cancelled without telling me?

Colin, I think TM UK are a mess.

On the TM.ie website it actually states that you can buy 6 tickets for Dublin, which throws the 4 ticket limit out the window.

So I think that you should just let it ride for now but this is not a definitive answer, I suppose.

Cheers Kev, just hope it all works out. Nothing I can do now except maybe laugh at the ineptitude of it all....

agreed

I thought other bands I like had cornered the market on stupid decisions (ie rubbish cover versions albums) but it seems that in some ways U2 and/or TM have managed to reach the same level of "why on earth did they do this" with presales/ ticket limits etc etc

Back
Top Bottom