Things said/done by fans during the Vertigo tour that make you go DUH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I was showing the picture I got with Bono to another GA fan (and I use this term loosely) and she says to me, "Oh yeah everyone was getting pictures with that guy before the show!" That guy?? She was talking about someone who resembled Bono that was outside before the show. This was clearly NOT 'that guy'. DUH.

I was talking to this "fan" in one of the GA lines before a show, and he goes, "What's the name of the guitar player again, The Rim?"

DUHHHHH!!!

THE "RIM"?????!!!!

You fucking MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As my girlfriend was leaving work prior to the Toronto shows, her supervisor asked her where she was going. She said, 'To see U2.'. Her supervisor said, 'Who's U2?'.... Her supervisor is 32.

:huh:

Another Day said:
I was talking to this "fan" in one of the GA lines before a show, and he goes, "What's the name of the guitar player again, The Rim?"

DUHHHHH!!!

THE RIM?????!!!!

The Rim :lmao: oh my god that's classic.

I don't think I've had any U2 fans say anything that dumb to me, but I've had non-fans say some of the dumbest shit...like..."U2 aren't smart enough to write songs about BIBLE verses!!"

:crack:

Any idiot can write a song about something as ripe for symbolism as the Bible. It takes a rare and special talent to write a song about citrus fruit.

typhoon said:
Any idiot can write a song about something as ripe for symbolism as the Bible. It takes a rare and special talent to write a song about citrus fruit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Didn't Charo write a song about Chiquita bananas or something?

Then again, I guess bananas are not technically citrus fruit, so Bono still has more talent than Charo.

typhoon said:
so great. =)

hahahah the Rim! omg!!!

The idiots at msg in front of me constantly asking me which album each song was off of - Clearly a waste of a seat :|

Asked by a friend who was deciding whether to get tickets: "Do you think they'll play much from the new album?"

Here in Lisbon, in the GA, during the long hours waiting for the show to begin, I talked to the 3 guys beside me and I realized they only knew "One" and the singles from ATYCLB and HTDAAB. But... they recognized "In the name of love" and "Sunday bloody sunday" during the show!! :bow:

It was funny. Go to a U2 show and don't know Streets, New year's day or I will follow is really strange.

:rolleyes:

At Seattle 2, I was next to a very sweet lady and her date. She didn't seem to know a lot of the songs, but appeared to be having a hell of a good time anyway.

She asked me a lot of questions and apologized for bugging me, but I was happy to oblige. Then I apologized for being such an ecstatic spaz, but she said she loved standing next to someone having so much fun.

I :heart: that lady.

I love the people who actually ask about which songs they're playing and from which album. You can't expect the new fans to know everything we do, but it shows that they're really interested if they ask during the show. I never mind spreading some U2 information on.

Utoo said:
Asked by a friend who was deciding whether to get tickets: "Do you think they'll play much from the new album?"

I would say that's quite a reasonable question. Not every band places so much emphasis on their new material as U2 does.

My boss' wife was at the concert with him and she goes to him as Vertigo starts playing: "This is the ipod song, right?"

d'oh

I went to the minneapolis show the other day and there were these two cougars standing next to me and my friends. The guy behind them asked them how the concert was and the one woman said "it sucks!" and left about 7 songs in!

I'm glad because before that they were text messaging people and talking on the phone the whole time. The only song they knew was sunday bloody sunday.

Bono's Betty said:
I went to the minneapolis show the other day and there were these two cougars standing next to me and my friends. The guy behind them asked them how the concert was and the one woman said "it sucks!" and left about 7 songs in!

I'm glad because before that they were text messaging people and talking on the phone the whole time. The only song they knew was sunday bloody sunday.

Jeez, seems like someone DARED them to go or something. :eyebrow: :huh:

Another Day said:

DUHHHHH!!!

THE "RIM"?????!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
maybe this element thought that it was U3 who were playing!

Last edited:
kakvox said:

Jeez, seems like someone DARED them to go or something. :eyebrow: :huh:

The shity part is that there were a ton of people that were looking for tickets outside and these people just leave before the concert is even half way over.

^^^^
I have never seen so many people looking for tickets as I did that night. A good argument for U2 to schedule TWO shows in Minneapolis!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Yeah like that will ever happen again. Hasn't happened since JT tour.:( :madspit:

Oh, and The Rim is priceless. What a dumbass.

there were an astonishing amount of people in the stands at toronto 2 using miss sarajevo as an intermission.

and then there was the girl in my row who decided to go for drinks in the middle of sunday bloody sunday.

:crazy:

:mad:

At Toronto 2 we were asked to sit down during Yahweh. Also, the two guys next to us (who were in their early 20's) brought earplugs. I didn't get to hear any really stupid comments...although there was a busker in the Air Canada Center making money by playing her violin...and you'd better believe she was playing all U2 songs!

At Elevation Philly I, there were two guys seated in front of my friend and I who were wearing tshirts for the band Powerman5000 and chain smoking the entire night. Neither of them stood up, and they werent' even paying attention to the show. With everyone standing during Streets, there was no way they could see anything, but they just kept on smoking.

Then there was a guy sitting next to my friend who was with 4 other people who were sitting on the other side. So he decided to talk to us and the first thing he said was "so, do you guys know any of their songs?" We said yeah, and he said great, cos I Don't...

Back
Top Bottom