Things said/done by fans during the Vertigo tour that make you go DUH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miroslava said:

:huh: I hope that wasn't at the recent Chicago show... :ohmy:

Now I'm paranoid that it could have been me, since Chizip and I were 2 of the people running the line... (well, I wasnt running it so much as meddling... ) though I dont remember telling anyone other than the 2 guys that "travelled from very far" to go sleep in their rooms that they could not rejoin the line after being absent from it from 11:30 PM on Tuesday to 4:00 PM on wednesday... :|

No, I know you didn't tell her that b/c she was in front of me. :)
Those I wanted to slap some sense into those 2 guys though......

Thank god... and yes, I know those two were the ones that almost upset you :mad: :madspit:

gabrielvox said:

Again, I must be a huge idiot...when I was in the ellipse there was this little short girl...she couldnt have been more than 4 ft or something lol...anyways I asked her if she was ok if she could see or if she wanted to stand in front of me.....she looked at me like I was nuts..

In NJ we let some shorter girls in front of us at the front of the heart...it didnt matter cause we were still gettin mad love and hi fives from Bono all night...

I dunno I guess its all your individual tolerance level...if someone asks me nicely I dont really mind, especially a pretty short girl ;) :D

tall ugly drunk stinky people, hell NO! :lol:

well thats the thing - i'm not exactly tall myself, in fact i'm just plain and simply short so even if other short people stand in front of me chances are i can't see over them.

does this mean you'll let me stand in front of you... :wink:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I didn't read anything in this thread but I thought I'd contribute anyway....the girls behind us in Milwaukee left during Miss Sarajevo. On the way out this was the conversation:

Dumb girl #1: Ugh, I hate this song
Dumb girl #2: I don't even know what it is.
Dumb girl #1: Neither do I.
Dumb girl #2: Is it a cover song?
Dumb girl #1: It must be. I've never heard it.
Dumb girl #2: Yeah, it totally is.
Dumb girl #1: I hate it when bands play cover songs.
Dumb girl #2: Seriously. The only songs in the beginning I knew were Vertigo and that other one from that one album....its like, slow?
Dumb girl #1: Yeah, this concert sucks. I hate cover songs.

The "slow" song, for the record, was Still Haven't Found.

:huh:

Did they have blond hair and big boobs though? :ohmy:

I hate getting into the tall/short disputes b/c it does suck to be short, but at the same time, you can't expect people who've waited for like 12 hours more than you have to just move to the back. Also, those grates that hold up the rail make it worse b/c they make the people on the rail an inch or two taller.

And those two guys in Chicago also pissed me off, if I'm thinking of the right ones. They were cutting in a few people ahead of me and finally I was like, dudes, what the hell? and they're like "these people said our number doesn't count" and I said "well, did you or did you not sleep in a tent last night? b/c I did and you don't look familiar and I know all of the people ahead of me and a few of the people behind me were also sleeping in tents last night." and they said "we would've been happy to" and I said "uh, that's not good enough. Of course you can't just grab a number and then not come back until the next afternoon." Who thinks like that? :rolleyes:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I didn't read anything in this thread but I thought I'd contribute anyway....the girls behind us in Milwaukee left during Miss Sarajevo. On the way out this was the conversation:

Dumb girl #2: Seriously. The only songs in the beginning I knew were Vertigo and that other one from that one album....its like, slow?

the sad thing is a lot of these kind of people get into the ellipse too

ooh, i thought of one. i went to the ets party in minneapolis. the guys asked if i would sign this guest book and they'd stick a picture of me in it (it's going to the band at the end of the tour). they showed me what page to sign on, and on that very page, someone had written a note addressed to "Bano". :|

Stories for Boys said:
ooh, i thought of one. i went to the ets party in minneapolis. the guys asked if i would sign this guest book and they'd stick a picture of me in it (it's going to the band at the end of the tour). they showed me what page to sign on, and on that very page, someone had written a note addressed to "Bano". :|

Was his name Shaun?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

And those two guys in Chicago also pissed me off, if I'm thinking of the right ones. They were cutting in a few people ahead of me and finally I was like, dudes, what the hell? and they're like "these people said our number doesn't count" and I said "well, did you or did you not sleep in a tent last night? b/c I did and you don't look familiar and I know all of the people ahead of me and a few of the people behind me were also sleeping in tents last night." and they said "we would've been happy to" and I said "uh, that's not good enough. Of course you can't just grab a number and then not come back until the next afternoon." Who thinks like that? :rolleyes:

Phil, for as big a dude as he is, is a teddy bear. Those guys were allegedly just in front of you. So once I was starting to turn blue in the face as the official I'm-trying-to-be-reasonable-but-really-all-I-want-to-do-is-tell-you-to-go-to-the-back-of-the-goddamned-line spokeswoman he was called in and told listen, these people are trying to get in front of you for XYZ reasons, it is up to you. He turned several shades of colors and was starting to waver. Wisely, he decided to wait until you got back and defer to you as I reminded him that he would not be making that decision just for you guys, but also for everyone behind him in line...

Poor man :wink:

Miroslava said:

Phil, for as big a dude as he is, is a teddy bear. Those guys were allegedly just in front of you. So once I was starting to turn blue in the face as the official I'm-trying-to-be-reasonable-but-really-all-I-want-to-do-is-tell-you-to-go-to-the-back-of-the-goddamned-line spokeswoman he was called in and told listen, these people are trying to get in front of you for XYZ reasons, it is up to you. He turned several shades of colors and was starting to waver. Wisely, he decided to wait until you got back and defer to you as I reminded him that he would not be making that decision just for you guys, but also for everyone behind him in line...

Poor man :wink:

Yeah, Philly Billy is NOT one to push people around, even if he's justified in doing so! Those guys did have purple number just ahead of us, but honestly I have NO recollection of EVER seeing them until we lined up to go in. The girls right ahead of me finally started giving them shit so I chimed in. I didn't really know what so say b/c they must've gotten those purple numbers at some point, but you can't just number off and leave. Thankfully, we all yelled at each other for a few minutes, everyone got to vent, and they moved back somewhere else.

digsy said:

well thats the thing - i'm not exactly tall myself, in fact i'm just plain and simply short so even if other short people stand in front of me chances are i can't see over them.

does this mean you'll let me stand in front of you... :wink:

Are you blond and have big boobs??

Do I get to dance with you?

Im JUST KIDDING :wink:

Really it doesnt bother me...statistically, Bono pulls up more people who are 2 or more people deep than front liners. :D

Does anyone remember the lovely "guy in blue" at Chicago 2 that led the back of the line to the front and then was behind me, then in almost the front of the line? I gave that :censored: a piece of my mind. After the whole line debacle I was pissed, but then the fan line and the regular line separated and somehow he was 60 people ahead of us and that's when I lost it. He kept trying to tell me it wasn't about "number's" and I was like, look buddy it wasn't about numbers after you screwed up the line the first time but then how the hell did you get in front of everyone else?? I just walked away at that point. Luckily he didn't make it into the ellipse. :madspit:

gabrielvox said:

Are you blond and have big boobs??

Do I get to dance with you?

Im JUST KIDDING :wink:

Really it doesnt bother me...statistically, Bono pulls up more people who are 2 or more people deep than front liners. :D

dark blonde and i can wear a wonder bra!

not that it matters now - if your statistics are right, i might just decide to stand behind you!

I had some guys cut right in front of me just as the lines started to move. I let them know they were being assholes, they didn't care. Then I got into the ellipse -- and I wouldn't of if they hadn't cut. Immensely satisfying.

Here's the thing about tall/short. I'm 6'4. People always ask to get in front, etc. Or to "hunch down," which I refuse to because I've had a couple back surgeries. It's not my job to give you a better spot, I waited hours in line for mine. My wife doesn't like the pushing and the shoving, so if we don't get into the ellipse, we go to the soundboard. We don't ask people for personal space or a bubble around us. If you're in GA, you have to do what's best for you without affecting others. Otherwise buy a seat.

Ok, I have two, lol. Both are GA line stories.

One was a girl who was making a sign to help her get pulled up on stage. She was dressed pretty casually, but as the afternoon wore on, she went and changed into a super-short mini skirt and a low-cut top.

Since I was chatting with her before the costume change, I noticed that the new outfit included what looked like two sets of bra straps on her shoulder. So being tactful like I am, I asked about it. She admitted to having two wonder-bras on, in an attempt to get "noticed" by virtue of extra cleavage. :huh:

I waited until 10 minutes before the doors opened to inform her that due to her skirt, they would not be able to pull her up on stage without her mooning around 10,000 people.

The second incident was actually a really cool girl. She was in jeans, but before the doors opened, she changed into really short shorts. "Aren't you cold?" I asked, her. "Yeah, but I want Bono to notice me".

I immediately informed her that she would be invisible from the chest down as she stood up against the rail, so he would have no idea she was wearing shorts.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

what a waste of two perfectly good tickets - tickets a real fan could have enjoyed.

9.gif

lancerla said:
, so if we don't get into the ellipse, we go to the soundboard.

Truly wise advice - that is my modus operandi for the rest of the tour...inside the ellipse is nice, outside is hell, so go by the soundboard and really have a great time dancing your ass off and going 'wow' over the lights and screens....most arenas arent all that deep anyways, you still see the boys well!

Whats the deal with these girls thinking cleavage gets them on stage? I mean Bono pulls up a whole variety of people lol, not just the one with the least amount of clothing. :huh::madspit:

Well at Toronto IV my girlfriend had bought a bottle of water (for some reason they have to remove and take away the cap). So she places her water in the cup holder, and as U2 is playing Elevation my girlfriend pokes me. "The lady beside me took my WATER!!" I looked over and yes the lady was drinking her water. NICE!!! We didn't complain we just laughed on the way back home; I had taken some drinks from the water I had just gotten over a cold and was still sick that night. :madspit:

And there was this couple 3 seats down the row, the lady was winding to U2 songs with her husband. Eh? I didn't hear any reggae music?:ohmy:

In the Elevation tour Halmilton this couple sat beside us and started to smoke weed, someone near them went to security and took away the weed.:madspit:

Again at Toronto IV someone near the section was smoking weed. WHY OH WHY smoke weed?

Last edited:
U2SavesTheWorld said:

This is why the lottery doesn't work. It's a nice, fair idea in theory, but only in theory.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

OMG talk about two broads in need of a bitch slap. Wish I had been there to deliver!

Back
Top Bottom