Things said/done by fans during the Vertigo tour that make you go DUH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Oh, I thought of another one. At the sept 21 show my boyfriend and I were on the rail outside the ellipse on Adam's side. This chick right behind him first taps him on the shoulder and asks if she can switch spots b/c she's short. My boyfriend is really friendly and honestly tells her in the nicest way possible that he's been in line since Monday afternoon for that spot, but is willing to let her squeeze in towards the end of the show. Well, that wasn't enough for her and she goes "but....I have blonde hair and I need Bono to pull be up on stage b/c I know he loves blondes! And I have big boobs so I know he'll pick me! But he can't pick me if he can't see me behind you!" I really hope she was drunk and isn't actually that pathetic! :lol:

i had that - nothing about being blonde and big boobed and knowing bono will pick her or anything like that,
but a "please can i have your spot just for one second"

uh... no

before it was played, someone IN THE ELLIPSE asked us to hum a line from crumbs to her cause she didn't know it.

:|

At the show im MPLS there was this chick who kept coming down to the rail from her seat and the big old security guard- who is actually in some pictures posted in another thread- kept flashing his flashlight in her face and telling her to go back to her seat. So this song and dance happens about 4 times and then she comes down and tries moving in a way I suppose she thought was sexy and motioning to the guard to go off to the side with her to do what ever. The guard gives her this look like "I wouldn't bang you with someone else's privates honey", rolls his eyes and sends a different guard- also in the pictures- to go up and throw her out.

Funniest part was she wasn't remotely cute and every guy in our section that witnessed it just laughed out loud when she did her little act.

I thought that was pretty unbelievable. Maybe at a Crue concert that stuff happens- but U2??!!

Great forum. About time we have a topic everyone can relate to. As for a "Duh" moment...lets see...oh this guy in line at the Chicago concert last week kept nagging about people around him trying to move up as he stood there pissed drunk. I was thinking, HEY PUT THE BEER DOWN, STAKE YOUR CLAIM TO YOUR SPOT, AND SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE. NEEDLESS TO SAY HE LEFT. What an idiot.

Oh by the way, I leave sometimes during songs to use the restroom. I don't feel too bad about it. I am kind off burning out on Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day. Great songs but you see them 4 nights in a row, for me at least it can get kinda of slow.

Some lady near me was making a stink b/c not everyone on the rail was "dancing" (as in, screaming, sloshing beer everywhere, and going nutso) like her. Little did she know the woman right next to me had a broken foot and I didn't want to jump on her boot. :rolleyes:

Lets see, annoying drunk mother and daughter in Philly in May. I think just about everyone was tired of them, that was on Adam's side of the GA. Then there was an annoying guy that kept passing gas horribly. Im not sure if he was trying to clear out some room for himself or what, but it didn't work. I can hold my breath a long time :lol: :barf:

Not to mention the girl that leaned on me way back that thought she was somehow going to reach Bono on the catwalk........from 4 rows back.

Good times. :wink: :huh:

kakvox said:
Dude, sometimes I think people just go to "Observe" a rock concert. :no:

Bono said after Toronto1 that there had been too many trainspotters in the ellipse that night. When asked what that meant, he essentially said nerds who take notes.

LOL!

Thankfully I was one of the few front rail fans rockin out and singing every word to Fast Cars as noted by U2.com :rockon:

Ha! That is awesome... I prefer to call those people setlist weenies but his term is so much more PC! :heart:

I've always referred to those fans as "chin strokers", which I can be at some concerts....but I can't contain myself at a U2 show, just too much excitement.

Having just completed 2 GA exercises at Mpls & Milwaukee I believe U2 should also add a GA Rights article to the Declaration of Human Rights:

Article GA:
Everyone standing in GA deserves their space and no other should take their space from them. If you must drink before the show, please plan to use the restroom immediately after acquiring your space. Make sure that those surrounding your space know that it is your space and that you will be returning as fast as humanly possible. Treat others as you would want them to treat you or your mom or a puppy or a kitten.

I had one rude line cutter tell us that it was GA so she could go anywhere to which I replied that GA meant she was allowed on the floor but not given the right to cut to the front. From what I could see, people were very good about allowing those who left to return if they were recognized. Getting beer multiple times from the front couple of rows was starting to push it. If you want to get drunk and watch the show, wait for the DVD!

Chicago 1 on first leg, most awesome U2 show I have ever freaking seen (and I've seen a lot!), and the guy behind us shows up shit-faced during Kings of Leon.

He was swaying and could barely stand up and I was just SURE he was gonna hurl all over me, but no, he fell down into his seat, pulled his cowboy hat over his eyes and PASSED OUT for the ENTIRE show, no joke, slept through the whole thing.

I was glad, as a hair full of hurl may have dampened the experience for me somewhat, but how do you do sleep through a U2 concert!!!! His buddy came and woke him up and half carried him out after the lights came up. :ohmy:

Also, a side note, I'm a huge U2 fan have been my whole pre-teen/teen/adult life, but some songs just don't thrill me like others and I have been known to duck out and take a potty break when necessary. I don't think that should qualify as an "idiot moment" (and yes I was one of the ones who went during Miss Sarejvo in Toronto, I just really don't care for that song so much - pull out the flamethrowers!)

My favorite was actually from this board just before the tour started. Someone posted "Will U2 play songs from the new album on this tour?" :| :eyebrow: :huh:

digsy said:

i had that - nothing about being blonde and big boobed and knowing bono will pick her or anything like that,
but a "please can i have your spot just for one second"

uh... no

Again, I must be a huge idiot...when I was in the ellipse there was this little short girl...she couldnt have been more than 4 ft or something lol...anyways I asked her if she was ok if she could see or if she wanted to stand in front of me.....she looked at me like I was nuts..

In NJ we let some shorter girls in front of us at the front of the heart...it didnt matter cause we were still gettin mad love and hi fives from Bono all night...

I dunno I guess its all your individual tolerance level...if someone asks me nicely I dont really mind, especially a pretty short girl ;) :D

tall ugly drunk stinky people, hell NO! :lol:

I'm really short (5'1")... good to know some people are considerate about that sort of thing... hopefully I'll get there early enough though to get in the ellipse or on the rail? I plan on waiting like all day, but I don't really wanna camp out...though I suppose I could...is it really necessary? How early do you have to get there to get a spot up front?

depends on the venue...and if you absolutely need a spot on the rail, then it's a good idea to camp out or get there at the crack of dawn. i figure short people can get up as early as tall people :wink:

I'm tall but really nice.....and I need a spot on the rail somewhere to lean on cuz I am old and have a bad back and weak knees. My first GA experience is gonna be in Vegas but no matter what I will make the best of it. I just don't want any taller mean drunk stinky people around me. And I need room to dance a bit and throw my arms up. :wink:

What is it with big titted, blondes who think they can have everything??? Dances with Bono, access to the elipse, jumping to the front of the line???:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was in Chicago this past week and Milwaukee and couldn't believe how many times I saw this happen!

I'm also one who wears earplugs for the show. It doesn't take away from the experience, plus I get to keep my hearing!

Oh, and speaking of line cutters and the issue of the GA line...

There is one well known poster here who told my daughter the number system doesn't matter and wouldn't let her back in the line after we had camped overnight!

Needless to say, I was pissed! I did manage to get us back in the line where we belonged thanks to the U2 fans who are decent!:wink:

tawanda said:
Oh, and speaking of line cutters and the issue of the GA line...

There is one well known poster here who told my daughter the number system doesn't matter and wouldn't let her back in the line after we had camped overnight!

Needless to say, I was pissed! I did manage to get us back in the line where we belonged thanks to the U2 fans who are decent!:wink:

:huh: I hope that wasn't at the recent Chicago show... :ohmy:

Now I'm paranoid that it could have been me, since Chizip and I were 2 of the people running the line... (well, I wasnt running it so much as meddling... ) though I dont remember telling anyone other than the 2 guys that "travelled from very far" to go sleep in their rooms that they could not rejoin the line after being absent from it from 11:30 PM on Tuesday to 4:00 PM on wednesday... :|

Last edited:
I didn't read anything in this thread but I thought I'd contribute anyway....the girls behind us in Milwaukee left during Miss Sarajevo. On the way out this was the conversation:

Dumb girl #1: Ugh, I hate this song
Dumb girl #2: I don't even know what it is.
Dumb girl #1: Neither do I.
Dumb girl #2: Is it a cover song?
Dumb girl #1: It must be. I've never heard it.
Dumb girl #2: Yeah, it totally is.
Dumb girl #1: I hate it when bands play cover songs.
Dumb girl #2: Seriously. The only songs in the beginning I knew were Vertigo and that other one from that one album....its like, slow?
Dumb girl #1: Yeah, this concert sucks. I hate cover songs.

The "slow" song, for the record, was Still Haven't Found.

:huh:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I didn't read anything in this thread but I thought I'd contribute anyway....the girls behind us in Milwaukee left during Miss Sarajevo. On the way out this was the conversation:

Dumb girl #1: Ugh, I hate this song
Dumb girl #2: I don't even know what it is.
Dumb girl #1: Neither do I.
Dumb girl #2: Is it a cover song?
Dumb girl #1: It must be. I've never heard it.
Dumb girl #2: Yeah, it totally is.
Dumb girl #1: I hate it when bands play cover songs.
Dumb girl #2: Seriously. The only songs in the beginning I knew were Vertigo and that other one from that one album....its like, slow?
Dumb girl #1: Yeah, this concert sucks. I hate cover songs.

The "slow" song, for the record, was Still Haven't Found.

:huh:

This makes me depressed. :|

Back
Top Bottom