the return of 'Walk On'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mofo82

Refugee
As I was getting ready to go to bed tonight, I had the images of the tragedy in the South (Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. ) burned in my head and all of a sudden 'Walk On' was ringing in my head. I thought to myself that this song brought new hope to many people several years back, and I believe that the latest happenings really bring 'Walk On' back to life.

The lyrics speak volumes- the families lost and torn apart, the hopelessness and yet there is some salvation and just enough hope for the victims in the form of all the emergency workers, doctors, volunteers, etc. All very close in nature to the events of 4 years ago. 'Walk On' became an anthem for that little bit of hope that's left in such difficult times. I'm not a devout religious person, but the song is very much like a prayer.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post, but I believe we will hear 'Walk On' on the 3rd leg for some of the reasons I just mentioned. There are many people on the forum that are wondering how the show might change since the tragedy of last week, and I think just the simple addition of this song to the set will make a world of difference in the minds of many. Of cousre, this post is much bigger than a simple 'I hope they play this song or that song'- I just really think there's some healing power behind it. I'm at a loss for better words right now, so just give 'Walk On' a listen and hopefully you might understand what I'm trying to say...g'night all

the snippet of walk on during running to stand still on the european leg was so so haunting, the way bono sang it, but i agree hopefully it will come back in full

KUEFC09U2 said:
the snippet of walk on during running to stand still on the european leg was so so haunting, the way bono sang it, but i agree hopefully it will come back in full

It's quite funny, in Dublin everyone sang along to that, but not Running To Stand Still :D

really good idea:up:

it really is a great song choice that speaks volumes after a tragedy

I know its been mentioned before but MLK-Streets-Walk On would work very nicely

walk on is the best song of the past 5 years. its only rival is city of blinding lights and maybe kite.
It could work nicely but what would go for it? I dont think running/sarajevo would go.

It could work quite nicely after One i suppose. But why not do the biggest shock ever, drop Pride, put WOWY in its place and then put One back into ZOO TV

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like to see a new intro song for streets, myself... and i think walk on right after streets, leading into the first encore, would sound quite nice.

Oh, I agree, but I'm thinking the trilogy of Pride/Streets/One ain't gonna change, so having it just before it (or after it) would probably be best.

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats better, but why? you didnt go to any shows:eyebrow:

So what KUEF???

I think Walk On fits right into this tour. I dont remember who said that they should replace it with Pride, but anyway then i agree :up:

They should atleast try it out :wink:

I agree. I'm pretty happy with the setlist but would absolutely love to see Walk On swapped for Pride. There was a snippet at Croke 3 (at least I think it was a Croke) and it fit so well. :drool:

Forget Pride/Streets/One. Streets/Crumbs/Walk On would rule so much.

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats better, but why? you didnt go to any shows:eyebrow:

so people aren't allowed an opinion if they don't go to any shows? KEUF, you're getting grumpy and the third leg hasn't even started. What, are you just getting limber for the setlist parties?

Be nice.

ruffian said:

so people aren't allowed an opinion if they don't go to any shows? KEUF, you're getting grumpy and the third leg hasn't even started. What, are you just getting limber for the setlist parties?

Be nice.

He's probably a little grumpy because he won't be able to go to any of the setlist parties unless he decides to be up in the middle of the night for the east coast shows or the break of dawn for the west coast ones.:wink:

ramblin rose said:

He's probably a little grumpy because he won't be able to go to any of the setlist parties unless he decides to be up in the middle of the night for the east coast shows or the break of dawn for the west coast ones.:wink:

ah, that makes sense. So he's using up the hostility now he would have otherwise unleashed at the setlist party... :hmm:

:laugh:

i see U2 a week from tomorrow! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom