the return of 'Walk On'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how about...no?

am i the only one thinks walk on is nothing more than cliche's and uninspired music?

Personally I love Walk On and believe it would be an excellent addition to the show. I wouldn't complain about hearing U2 play it when I see them in Chicago soon! It's a pretty powerful song just like Kite is.

Zoomerang96 said:
how about...no?

am i the only one thinks walk on is nothing more than cliche's and uninspired music?

Well, you also like Kanye West as an opener so your taste, in my opinion, is questionable...

if any of you actually think what u2@nyc said is actually good, you are truly hopeless.

if you can't accept that kanye west is an incredible talent, whether you like it or not, is no different than idiots in grade school who said "michael 7ordan sucks" or "wayne gretzky is shit".

irrational, stupid comments such as that only serve as reminders at how irrelevant an opinion the author/creator of said comments, really are.

nevermind the fact that kanye west as a whole is eleventy billion times better than 'walk on'.

Zoomerang96 said:
if any of you actually think what u2@nyc said is actually good, you are truly hopeless.

if you can't accept that kanye west is an incredible talent, whether you like it or not, is no different than idiots in grade school who said "michael 7ordan sucks" or "wayne gretzky is shit".

irrational, stupid comments such as that only serve as reminders at how irrelevant an opinion the author/creator of said comments, really are.

nevermind the fact that kanye west as a whole is eleventy billion times better than 'walk on'.

And if you cannot accept that people may differ with your opinion, then you will be as irrational and stupid as they might be.

Listen, dude, stop acting like if you owned the absolute truth or anything... posters here have the right to dissent with you and that's it. I do not like Kanye West, personally consider his music crap and would not be happy if he opened the U2 show that I am attending. You, on the contrary, would be happy. I would like 'Walk On' to make a comeback. You don't. Big deal.

U2@NYC said:

And if you cannot accept that people may differ with your opinion, then you will be as irrational and stupid as they might be.

Listen, dude, stop acting like if you owned the absolute truth or anything... posters here have the right to dissent with you and that's it. I do not like Kanye West, personally consider his music crap and would not be happy if he opened the U2 show that I am attending. You, on the contrary, would be happy. I would like 'Walk On' to make a comeback. You don't. Big deal.

Yeah, What he said

U2@NYC said:

i love it when you get severe :shifty:

:combust:

I actually think they might pull it out for the Benefit concerts they're doing...the "Peace on Earth/Walk On" for 9/11 made me bawl like a baby. If it comes out for those, I think we'll see it appear on tour too.

are you serious?

you're the same person who threw out the line in this thread that my opinion is worth less because i like kanye west.

and then you get all righteous about personal beliefs and opinions and that i can't accept them?

brutal.

Zoomerang96 said:
are you serious?

you're the same person who threw out the line in this thread that my opinion is worth less because i like kanye west.

and then you get all righteous about personal beliefs and opinions and that i can't accept them?

brutal.

Oh, come on!

I said that your taste was questionable... simply based on the fact that I do not agree with it. Maybe you should go back to your deathbear personality, which seemed to be more straightforward...

Zoomerang96 said:
how about...no?

I agree with you, Zoom. Personally, I think All That You Can't Leave Behind is the band's weakest album, especially lyrically. Kite and In A Little While are the only songs from it that I listen to that much.

What I respect about Walk On is that it's a song that helped a lot of people cope with 9/11, and I can see how people might feel it would be fitting now in the wake of Katrina. I think Crumbs would be a much better choice, though, and it would be great to finally get to hear it live. I feel like it could be in the voice of any hurricane victim who wishes he or she could directly express anger at the president's all talk and no action reaction to the crisis:

You speak of signs and wonders
But I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I’m waiting on the crumbs from your table

Where you live should not decide
Whether you live or whether you die
Three to a bed
Sister Ann, she said
Dignity passes by

Crumbs was my favorite song off the new album from the start, and I thinkit has even more power for me now because of recent events.

Zoomerang96 said:
how about...no?

It definitely is a traditional rock song with some traditional chord progressions. That doesn't mean it has to be a bad song though. In fact it is a great song, imo, with a, although simple, very catchy guitar riff.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I agree with you, Zoom. Personally, I think All That You Can't Leave Behind is the band's weakest album, especially lyrically. Kite and In A Little While are the only songs from it that I listen to that much.

What I respect about Walk On is that it's a song that helped a lot of people cope with 9/11, and I can see how people might feel it would be fitting now in the wake of Katrina. I think Crumbs would be a much better choice, though, and it would be great to finally get to hear it live. I feel like it could be in the voice of any hurricane victim who wishes he or she could directly express anger at the president's all talk and no action reaction to the crisis:

Crumbs was my favorite song off the new album from the start, and I thinkit has even more power for me now because of recent events.

I love Walk On - and not because it has a 9/11 connection - I simply love the song (I love the lyrics and I love the way it sounds). It may be their "weakest" album - but that doesn't mean "bad". But whatever, to each his own, right? :)

Anyway, I didn't get to hear it live (wasn't able to attend ATYCLB/Elevation tours), and would love to hear it now.

Crumbs is a great song too though, my personal favorite from the newest album, and would love to finally hear it live, although for some reason I just don't see it being played for the Katrina victims... It fits, but it doesn't... I dunno... Maybe it's because I associate the song with Africa, and not hurricane victims.

(Doesn't mean that it can't be used, it just seems a bit stretched to me).

The one lyric "where you live..." - is appropriate however. Definitely.

It's a shame it hasn't already been played (to my knowledge).

Last edited:
I'd love to hear Walk On again. It's in my constantly-changing top 3 by the band, and it was breathtakingly inspiring post-9/11 on the Elevation Tour. Forget Vertigo 2x, bring back this song of faith and shed some much needed light on the situation in Louisiana!

And as for the "where you live..." lyric in Crumbs, I feel that is more of a protest to human fault. I think it suits Africa's situation better, because it is OUR fault that that continent is in the rough shape it is. Katrina wasn't preventable, in a sense, so I feel "leave it behind, you've got to leave it behind" suits NO's situation.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

finally, someone with a brain :drool:

I do hope Walk On appears on the third leg. ATYCLB is rather weakly represented thus far - only two songs? And Elevation...okay I love Elevation and I love the audience interaction but there are better songs. Though it does rock live and if they removed it they'd have to find another rocker to fill its place (Last Night on Earth, anyone? :drool: )

But I think Walk On would be a fantastic way to end the main set and it would really work with the hurricane and all that... though I do wonder if maybe Crumbs will appear on the third leg in part because of this :hmm: I think it would be fitting as well, though it's more of a bitter song lyrically, Walk On is more hopeful... hope is what people need right now. Bitterness is what we've got.

AtomicBono said:

Walk On is more hopeful... hope is what people need right now. Bitterness is what we've got.

I have to agree. I love Crumbs and would melt if I heard it live, but Walk On is more fitting for the current situation.

Back
Top Bottom