The Official: North America got Fucked Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
photo.php

photo.php

I need someone to come and check on this rectal bleeding STAT:(

Good on ya Europe.

You realize you are officially inciting the wrath of all those people in Countries that are not getting any U2 right?

:wink:

So they get a bigger stage. So what? The majority of the fans will also be much farther away and will see the band primarily via the video screens. The band will blend into the backdrop just like Popmart. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Popmart hater. That tour had its place in U2 history. But, given a choice, I would prefer that the band try and maintain at least some intimacy with the crowd. Gigantic video screens may provide a more spectacular show, but the band ends up becoming just a part of the spectacle instead of the main focus.

Zootomic said:
So they get a bigger stage. So what? The majority of the fans will also be much farther away and will see the band primarily via the video screens. The band will blend into the backdrop just like Popmart. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Popmart hater. That tour had its place in U2 history. But, given a choice, I would prefer that the band try and maintain at least some intimacy with the crowd. Gigantic video screens may provide a more spectacular show, but the band ends up becoming just a part of the spectacle instead of the main focus.

Denial - it ain't just a river in Egypt.

Dalton said:

Denial - it ain't just a river in Egypt.
???

Sorry, dude. No denial here. If you prefer to watch giant video screens then that's fine. As for me, I would prefer to see U2 in a smaller arena where I can actually see the band members' faces instead of having to watch them on the TV screen all show.

:tsk:

I really, really dont understand most people... seriously, wait til the people of Australia and Latin America go postal on your asses

:tsk:

North America got Fucked hey?

ok......

North America (canada Included Dates) Total for '05 : 79
Europe Dates Total For '05 : 32
Rest Of The World (So Far) : 0

And your always guarrented to get a Fuck when U2 announce a tour.

:wink:

Last edited:
I'm just mystified how any sane person could say that "North America got f***ed" considering that of this tour's first three legs, only one of them is based outside North America.

Bunch of complaining ninnies.

Sorry, but some of you people are. :eyebrow:

i think all the original poster means is it looks like the european show is going to be much more impressive than the show on north american leg

financeguy said:
I'm just mystified how any sane person could say that "North America got f***ed" considering that of this tour's first three legs, only one of them is based outside North America.

Bunch of complaining ninnies.

Sorry, but some of you people are. :eyebrow:

I'm just mystified how any sane person could take this thread that seriously....

Sorry, but that's complete nonsense: U2 play more than half of their tour in the USA and there are a lot of countries in Europe and elsewhere with not a single show at all. Plus: The big US cities have multiple shows - and so also varying setlists, sometimes much more in one single city than in 2-3 European countries all together. Plus: The US shows are indoor - muc more intimate - and they were excellent and emotional; I can state this at least for the three New Jersey, New York gigs I've attended.
So, the US are blessed with this tour - if you don't get that, I can't help you ...

i'm sorry i don't see how we "got fucked" at all

i go to see U2 live for the music, not the pretty lights

plus, i have two more shows to see...TWO more

some countries have none

Ah.. it just depends on how you look at it..

Europe has a grander spectacle.. America has a more intimate show..

Some remarks of American's here don't make much sense to me... Sure a lot of people in Europe will only see U2 from the back end of a stadium.. But all the fans are up front!

And bonosgirl84 claims to be seeing multiple shows.. Probably all fans in western Europe are seeing multpile shows! Holland has 15 million inhabitants but has 3 shows! With Cologne, Brussel and London shows only 100 miles away :)

But ok; I would love to see both versions, but I'm only going to European shows..

You know, as long as US gets its two legs you have NOTHING to complain about.

U2girl said:
You know, as long as US gets its two legs you have NOTHING to complain about.

...but still after 2 US legs there will be less people/less tickets sold compared to only one European leg... in fact European leg will have almost as much people as all 3 legs of Elevation Tour!

And because of that... because there were no problems getting tickets for any European dates... while even after 2 legs in US there's lots of fans without tickets at all... I'm glad they're doing stadiums over here... :)

If Dalton ever brings his goddamn ugly arse to Australia, well, let's just say it won't just be his arse he needs to worry about! You'll be sorry you were ever born!

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom