The official "I give up, I'll settle for ebay thread..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as you wish16 said:

They are 49.99 tickets, aren't they referred to as GA...general admission?

No. General Admission means you are on the arena floor/standing room only. The tickets you got must be behind the stage seating, which just happen to be the same price as GA tickets. Sorry. I hope that doesn't mess up your concert plans or anything.:huh: But, that's the way it is.

as you wish16 said:
Hmmmm, but my seats are located diagonally on the opposite side of the stage, not BEHIND the stage.

What show is it for? Let me take a look at the seating chart.

Nevermind, I looked up the seating chart for the show you got. You are in the "upper lever". Here's the price list I got off of ticketmaster.

LOWER (100 LEVEL)
US $95.00 - US $165.00

CLUB (200 LEVEL)
US $49.50 - US $165.00

UPPER (300 LEVEL)
US $49.50 - US $95.00

GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR
US $49.50

The 300 level appearantly goes from the same price as GA to 95 dollars. So, yes. They are the same price, but not nearly the same seats.

GA and uppers are pretty much across the board 49 bucks, the best seats in the house and the "worst" seats in the house are the same price.

bonosleftone said:
GA and uppers are pretty much across the board 49 bucks, the best seats in the house and the "worst" seats in the house are the same price.

Well, at least I'm in the building, so I'm happy! Though I'd still like to go to the Philly show since my family all lives out there.

So 200 and 300 level tix behing the stage are $49.50, but what about 100 level behind the stage? On the last tour they were the same price as GA. Are they $95 on this tour?

Been trying since 10am to get ANY Boston tix for any of the shows on the webstie and I can get nothing - it's now 3:15 and I'm quite tired of this. I also tried calling on the phone but just get a busy signal...how does anyone get a ticket under such circumstances?

Boy I miss the old Propaganda snail mail!

Last edited:
Trabant said:
Been trying since 10am to get ANY Boston tix for any of the shows on the webstie and I can get nothing - it's now 3:15 and I'm quite tired of this. I also tried calling on the phone but just get a busy signal...how does anyone get a ticket under such circumstances?

It was just reported on fucking CNN that all tickets that went on sale today are sold out, its a "record breaking day" for U2 and Ticketbastard.

E-bay is really not a bad option but you have to wait a few weeks until the "dust settles" like someone else said. The e-bay prices will gradually go down as more people are able to land tickets in other ways. If you have to choose between brokers, scalpers, Stubhub, and e-bay for your tix, then e-bay is definitely the way to go. There's a lot of brokers on there, but there's also a lot of people like you and me just trying to get rid of an extra pair of tix they got. For past tours, I have gotten many tix through e-bay for face value or maybe only $20-$30 over face. The best e-bay prices will be in the last week before the show when people are desperate to get rid of extra tix or find out they can't go to the concert for some reason.

If you jump on Ebay auctions now all you are doing is helping drive the cost up and help the scalpers. If you are absolutely certain you want to use Ebay, give it a month there will be tickets for every show on there up until a week before the gig itself, prices will start to drop eventually.

You play right into the scalpers hands by jumping on now, this is prime time when people were amped about getting tickets and are going to get them by any means necessary at this time.

Plus, Im sure will be plenty of Interference members with extra tickets as the shows draw closer.

Funnily enough I notice the bootleg CD sellers making sure they have copies of past shows available for bid. So when you search U2 Philadelphia you're gonna run into some CDs, bastards trying to slip that shit in there lol.

No way am I giving some twa# on Ebay £100+ for a £50 ticket. No fuc#ing way or giving £120 to some ticketbroker.

apparently no one else cares, if you look the last 5 mins of just about every auction so far sells. Only the really outlandish $5k ones or such aren't selling. I've been watching to see if I could snipe one, but they all have far too big of reserves and opening bids. Some are brokers and some are just fans who obviously bought 8 tickets to sell the rest.

bonosleftone said:

Funnily enough I notice the bootleg CD sellers making sure they have copies of past shows available for bid. So when you search U2 Philadelphia you're gonna run into some CDs, bastards trying to slip that shit in there lol.

Funny you should mention that cos I noticed yesterday somebody selling a bootleg DVD and in the title he had written "U2 live at Rome - No U2 Tickets" so that everyone searching for U2 tickets would come across his bootlegs as well. hehehe

kawai17 said:
Who's coming with?

As I've written many times, maybe I'm just cynical, but I anticipated the events in the presale and regular sale. The fact that HTDAAB is such a huge hit made things even worse. There were 3 million hits for the presale - I knew something wasn't going to work. Ditto with the regular sale. I got an option for tickets in the regular sale - but for nosebleeds or way up behind the stage. At $95 plus TM charges I said "no thanks".

As a result, I long ago knew that eBay was probably the way I was going to get tickets. I had paid around $200 for GA's on the Elevation tour, so I anticipated this being the rough going rate this time (some are a lot higher, of course). But I'd rather pay $200 for a GA ticket than $110+ to TM for a nosebleed seat. It just makes sense.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
apparently no one else cares, if you look the last 5 mins of just about every auction so far sells. Only the really outlandish $5k ones or such aren't selling. I've been watching to see if I could snipe one, but they all have far too big of reserves and opening bids. Some are brokers and some are just fans who obviously bought 8 tickets to sell the rest.

Yeah I was gonna do that but I didn't even get the chance to buy one! heheeh you gotta laugh or you'd cry!

There are some good eBay acutions out there. I already secured some GA's at a decent price. You just have to keep a watchful eye.

The thing is, right now these tickets are super hot as the shows just went on sale. If you wait a while, I'm sure more tickets will pop online as the concerts draw near and will probably be at a more reasonable price - still high, but not $1000 per ticket.

I was about to snag relatively cheap GA ticks on Ebay for the 2nd Philly show, when I realized the day after the show I start serious A.P. testing! I laughed so hard, because of how god damn shitty my schedule is for May!

Lancemc said:
I was about to snag relatively cheap GA ticks on Ebay for the 2nd Philly show, when I realized the day after the show I start serious A.P. testing! I laughed so hard, because of how god damn shitty my schedule is for May!

AP exams suck and are a rip-off. Ditch them and go to the show.

speedracer said:

Amen. Last time scalpers in some markets ended up unloading tickets below FV a couple days before their shows...

I ditto this "Amen".

If you are paying more than $250 per a GA ticket, STOP! There are plenty of auctions selling them for under that price.

As the tour just went on sale, these tickets are super hot. Wait a while and prices will come down.

However, just note that for most shows - especially big ones in Chicago, NY and Boston - GA's will still go for around $200.

If you don't want GA's though, then you might be able to get great seats at very low prices - perhaps below FV! So be patient.

Back
Top Bottom