The Fly Messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
616f8981.jpg

4dc9de75.jpg

;)

anyone see any good shots of the outdoor fly yet? are any of the DVD's from the later shows where they use all the screens too?

Here's some screen ideas.

FALSE PROPHET

LIES

ARE YOU SLEEPING?

BABYLON FALLEN

LIES

BLOODGUILT

DARK SUN

RED MOON

2 - HORNED BEAST

LAST WORLD POWER

IMAGE OF BEAST

EIGHTH KING

IN ONE HOUR

MARK ON FOREHEAD

GOD'S OWN?

MARK ON FOREHEAD

MARK OF BEAST

MARK ON FOREHEAD

GOT 666?

MARK ON FOREHEAD

FRONTLET BAND

HEADBAND

VERTIGO

WHO DO YOU SERVE?

HEAR TRUTH

WHO WILL YOU SERVE?

WORLD CHOOSES

JUDGMENT HOUR

THE SEASON

MARK ON FOREHEAD

FRONTLET BAND

HEADBAND

BLOODGUILT

LIES

VERTIGO

IN ONE HOUR

ALL THE KINGS

BABYLON CRASH

VERTIGO

FALSE PROPHET

LIES

PEACE AND SECURITY?

LIES

ONE?

WHICH ONE?

GOG OF MAGOG

GOD'S SIDE

GREAT TRIBULATION

VERTIGO

ARMAGEDDON

SOON

Last edited:
scottyT said:
mock the devil and he will flee from thee, here.

NEWSFLASH:

The person who wrote that (Lewis) MISQUOTED and twisted what the Scripture says. God did NOT SAY "MOCK the Devil and he flee from you..." INSTEAD, God's LIFESAVING INSTRUCTION IS >>> "OPPOSE the Devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

Last edited:
yeah i think that if you are mocking the devil you are opposing the devil.

at least that's how it is in my world. i love the Lord bro, but your fire and brimstone really is twisting the love that was preached in the new testament, be as Jesus was, and is. at least that's what i've gotten out of the Book the last several times.

now back to the fly.

That does not fit all of the commands to have nothing to do with spiritism.

Being a REAL Christian means obeying Christ's commands, which includes obeying everything his Father Yahweh has taught. That means using the WHOLE BIBLE, even all of the PRINCIPLES behind the Law.

All of the people you see who call themselves "Christians," yet pick and choose which commands they feel like obeying (while ASSUMING forgiveness for breaking the ones they feel like) are FALSE "Christians" and WILL NOT INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM. They dishonor the term "Christian."

So here's another "Fly" backdrop:

REAL LOVE

TRUTH

YAHWEH

OBEY

LIVE

Last edited:
From Willie's Diary:

We laughed ourselves silly over a photo of the show which has appeared in one of the trade mags. It's a shot of the band playing 'The Fly' with the text barrage behind them. The words flash by at high speed, but the camera has frozen the moment with U2 playing and the word 'CUM' in 40 foot high letters on the backdrop. Whatever was the picture editor thinking?

:lol:

ramblin rose, that is quite amusing.... willie seems like a character.

and here, thanks for your insights.

here said:
That does not fit all of the commands to have nothing to do with spiritism.

Being a REAL Christian means obeying Christ's commands, which includes obeying everything his Father Yahweh has taught. That means using the WHOLE BIBLE, even all of the PRINCIPLES behind the Law.

All of the people you see who call themselves "Christians," yet pick and choose which commands they feel like obeying (while ASSUMING forgiveness for breaking the ones they feel like) are FALSE "Christians" and WILL NOT INHERIT GOD'S KINGDOM. They dishonor the term "Christian."

So here's another "Fly" backdrop:

REAL LOVE

TRUTH

YAHWEH

OBEY

LIVE

I just have to say, I find it really hard to accept anything someone says that starts with a judgement between "REAL Christians" and "FALSE Christians". Seems to me that it was the SHEPHERD separating the sheep from the goats. :| Any judgements on our part should be made VERY carefully, I'd say. Just my two cents. :shrug:

here...I am somewhat suprised that you are a u2 fan......I fail to see the "spiritualist" messages on the fly screen, but most people I've encountered with your beliefs wouldn't see u2 or their music as "christian" enough for them....

Are you careful enough of what you are assuming?

Last edited:
More Fly message suggestions for the screen:

HYPOCRITES

DOUBLE-TALK

MASS MEDIA

CONVENIENCE

PROFIT

EARS TICKLED

WATERED-DOWN

STARS FALL

WORMWOOD

LOVE COOLS

BABYLON

BABYLON THE GREAT

GONE

IN ONE HOUR

LAST DAYS

WARN

CHANGE

Last edited:
i noticed before you edited your comment that you said "fan" wasnt exactly your relationship with the band

i was just curious why someone who is not a fan of a band would register and post on one of its fan messageboards?

im not trying to be mean or anything, im just honestly curious.

Chizip said:
i noticed before you edited your comment that you said "fan" wasnt exactly your relationship with the band

i was just curious why someone who is not a fan of a band would register and post on one of its fan messageboards?

im not trying to be mean or anything, im just honestly curious.

I'll be at more shows than most fans, to observe and report.

I used to be an intense "fan." I know nearly every word of nearly every older song they've put out.

In January, I threw away (ripped, burned) more than, I figure now, a couple thousand dollars worth of U2 stuff, because of all the things that had gone wrong.

U2 is NOT my God. U2 is NOT my religion. Bono is NOT my messiah. U2 and some of its members ARE gods and ARE a religion to some people. They have a LOT of "followers."

I cannot be a yes-man fan. (If I was, it would make me a hypocrite and a very UNLOVING person to not "say something." )

I am free of that, which makes me free to write (if not in one place, than in another); free to speak out (word of mouth); free to make objective observations; and free to sound warnings to fellow human beings/music lovers about things which can negatively effect their spirituality and their future prospects for life.

I take the persuasive power of music very seriously. Everyone should.

I take spiritual responsibility very seriously. Everyone should.

I notice when the persuasive power of music is being used in a way that threatens people's spiritual progress and well-being in relation to pure and vital scriptural worship; and then speak out about it as necessary. Everyone should.

"Yes-men" do not "elevate" anyone by being "yes-men." "Yes-men" and "crowd pleasers" will end up not helping to save anyone from the coming calamity that people now need to be warned about.

It would be nice to have something good to report from the concerts... My hope for that seems pretty bleak at this point though..."With or without you..."

Last edited:
here said:
Here's some screen ideas.

FALSE PROPHET

LIES

ARE YOU SLEEPING?

BABYLON FALLEN

LIES

BLOODGUILT

DARK SUN

RED MOON

2 - HORNED BEAST

LAST WORLD POWER

IMAGE OF BEAST

EIGHTH KING

IN ONE HOUR

MARK ON FOREHEAD

GOD'S OWN?

MARK ON FOREHEAD

MARK OF BEAST

MARK ON FOREHEAD

GOT 666?

MARK ON FOREHEAD

FRONTLET BAND

HEADBAND

VERTIGO

WHO DO YOU SERVE?

HEAR TRUTH

WHO WILL YOU SERVE?

WORLD CHOOSES

JUDGMENT HOUR

THE SEASON

MARK ON FOREHEAD

FRONTLET BAND

HEADBAND

BLOODGUILT

LIES

VERTIGO

IN ONE HOUR

ALL THE KINGS

BABYLON CRASH

VERTIGO

FALSE PROPHET

LIES

PEACE AND SECURITY?

LIES

ONE?

WHICH ONE?

GOG OF MAGOG

GOD'S SIDE

GREAT TRIBULATION

VERTIGO

ARMAGEDDON

SOON

Nice.

I don't think they still put this one up...but one from Zootv which is one of my favs is "A friend is someone who lets you help".

And "Contradiction is balance"....which i use alot in life :laugh:

But the voices in my head tell me I must choose Bono as my one and only messiah...

I thought the voices were my friends
:(

Last edited:
here said:

I'll be at more shows than most fans, to observe and report.

I used to be an intense "fan." I know nearly every word of nearly every older song they've put out.

In January, I threw away (ripped, burned) more than, I figure now, a couple thousand dollars worth of U2 stuff, because of all the things that had gone wrong.

U2 is NOT my God. U2 is NOT my religion. Bono is NOT my messiah. U2 and some of its members ARE gods and ARE a religion to some people. They have a LOT of "followers."

I cannot be a yes-man fan. (If I was, it would make me a hypocrite and a very UNLOVING person to not "say something." )

I am free of that, which makes me free to write (if not in one place, than in another); free to speak out (word of mouth); free to make objective observations; and free to sound warnings to fellow human beings/music lovers about things which can negatively effect their spirituality and their future prospects for life.

I take the persuasive power of music very seriously. Everyone should.

I take spiritual responsibility very seriously. Everyone should.

I notice when the persuasive power of music is being used in a way that threatens people's spiritual progress and well-being in relation to pure and vital scriptural worship; and then speak out about it as necessary. Everyone should.

"Yes-men" do not "elevate" anyone by being "yes-men." "Yes-men" and "crowd pleasers" will end up not helping to save anyone from the coming calamity that people now need to be warned about.

It would be nice to have something good to report from the concerts... My hope for that seems pretty bleak at this point though..."With or without you..."

when you go to the concerts do you enjoy them? i noticed in your review of the Chicago show you said you went as an "observer-protester." I also noticed you were debating on whether or not to camp out for the dublin shows.

It seems like you are spending an awful lot of time and money on something you don't seem to enjoy. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

There is some definite weirdness going on here. "Fan" may be right word...with 'atic' on the end....

Miroslava said:
But the voices in my head tell me I must choose Bono as my one and only messiah...

I thought the voices were my friends
:(

:lmao: apparently the voices were wrong..:shrug:...
Bono is :evil:....

hey guy can you stop posting on my used to be awesome thread where people gave me sweet pictures and links to videos?

we've heard your peace. yes we all have further to go in our faith walks, but your judgement is probably not helping to promote the message you are hoping to convey. you're coming across as much more pharisaic then you would hope. so let's think about rephrasing it, and not posting it on this thread, thanks a bundle, and we can continue this conversation in the goal is soul.

By the way, my last post was written by taking the 777th letter in the Bible, the 683rd letter of The DaVinci Code, and the 1479th letter of the Sports section of the November 14th, 1987 Washington Post.....and then repeating them.
:wink:

scottyT said:
hey guy can you stop posting on my used to be awesome thread where people gave me sweet pictures and links to videos?

we've heard your peace. yes we all have further to go in our faith walks, but your judgement is probably not helping to promote the message you are hoping to convey. you're coming across as much more pharisaic then you would hope. so let's think about rephrasing it, and not posting it on this thread, thanks a bundle, and we can continue this conversation in the goal is soul.

Listening to and acting on Yahweh's words of judgment, which are being spread like smoke throughout the earth now by his human messengers with his authority, will soon mean whether people live or die.

Obeying God and caring for fellow human beings this way is THE OPPOSITE of being "pharisaic."

Pharisees were far more concerned with their position, power, wealth and image than they were for the spiritual welfare of those they were supposed to be "shepherding" - just like so many religious leaders in "Christendom" today.

The Pharisees did not uphold God's beneficial teachings to the people, using his words as their authority. Instead, they made up their own doctrines and dogmas based on philosophies of men and spiritism, not God. This same situation is found in "Christendom" today too.

The Pharisees practiced injustice, and did not uphold morality as God would have wanted. They also spiritually adulterated themselves - "sold out" - to Caesar when the pressure was on. Together they consorted to kill God's firstborn and closest Son.

Today, Christendom is a din of shoddy morality - which has been very harmful - heartbreaking - to individuals and families, and has hurt society. Injustice practiced by "Christians" in the same of God is ongoing and global. Christendom has left Christianity itself to promote kingdoms of man instead of the heaven-based Kingdom of God under Jesus Christ, the very one whom they CLAIM to serve, but yet disregard and disobey; preferring to follow and teach their own ways as God's ways - like the Pharisees.

I'll leave "YOUR" thread here now, as you requested, after this post; but no, I am not willing to go "box" truth up in some little designated corner where it won't "bother" ("bug") people as they go about "as in the days of Noah", busy with their daily affairs, taking "no note" until the something even more devastating than the Flood comes and wipes them away.

What I said applied to the topic; and yes, some of those "Fly" messages-suggestions from the screen DO have potential to damage people's thinking and spirituality.

Principles from God aren't supposed to be boxed and carried back and forth from pews for use on Sunday/Wednesday for an hour or two... They are meant to be applied 24/7, to all situations everywhere, even to every thought a person has. True Christians live and breathe them - love God's reminders, and look for opportunities to help others see the value of considering them and applying them. They are like light that can be shed on anything - to see things for what they are, to see what should be done, etc.

Look around at this world. Honestly consider its prognosis, and then think about what it REALLY means to APPLY the duties of actually being a "Christian"; putting FIRST effort into the same thing Christ put FIRST - which is teaching people God's truth, to save their lives.

The Jewish system of things Jesus gave particular warnings about ENDED, in calamity ( 1 million dead) only about 37 years after he warned them. The END of this current world system - which a predicted cloud of "locusts" and a "calvary" (Revelation 9) HAS rushed forth to warn people of all nations about in these last days - is on its way.

Are you ready?

Lastly, warning people of the need to meet Yahweh/ Jehovah's requirements for Armageddon survival into his peaceful new world order is a responsibility and obligation for those with knowledge of these things. To not warn people of this coming destruction would make anyone knowing of it bloodguilty before God for NOT warning people of his judgments:

Ezekiel 33:8,9 -
"When I say to someone wicked, 'O wicked one, you will positively die!' but you actually do not speak out to warn the wicked one from his way, he himself as a wicked one will die in his own error, but his blood I shall ask back at your own hand. But as regards you, in case you actually warn someone wicked from his way [for him] to turn back from it but he actually does not turn back from his way, he himself will die in his own error, whereas you yourself will certainly deliver your own soul."

Again, Truth is too important to "hide" in a corner, or "under a measuring basket." It needs to shine unihibited, fly around freely, etc., so that it can be where it is needed, when it is needed.

Whereas I don't want to "continue" this thread in a "corner" here; if you want to, you can read some of what I've written since blackout/blockout/"ban her" January. (Maybe someday I'll put on "earlier" stuff.)

http://www.theresa1.blogspot.com

You see, "the music never stopped." (*TGD) And it WILL go on..."One way or another."*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom