Spring/Summer 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you americans are so selfish.... :angry:
i hope they would play in Africa, South America, Austalia, Asia
you have 2 legs and wants 3rd?madness. no way they wont do that for sure!

lucas007 said:
you americans are so selfish.... :angry:
i hope they would play in Africa, South America, Austalia, Asia
you have 2 legs and wants 3rd?madness. no way they wont do that for sure!

exactly what i was thinking:|

brwh1 said:
Eastern Europe don't get stadium shows cos there arent enough people who can afford to pay 60 euros minimum to get in. simple. and U2 go on tour to make money. Put on a show in Poland and one in Vienna and the hardcore from further east will get there if they want.

[/B]

If there are not enough people who can afford to pay 60 Euros for a ticket, there must be even fewer Eastern European people who can afford to pay for a ticket+accomodation+airfare+... to see them outside their home country (like in Poland or Austria as you suggest).

I'm not saying they should tour the whole EE. But why not put some shows in Czech, Hungary, Russia, Croatia, Slovakia? Maybe you are right about stadiums - might be hard to fill them, but sports arenas.... On the other hand, take POPMART in Sarajevo and Prague for example: prices were quite low, low enough to sellouot those stadium shows. Why not repeat that this time in several other places? Yes, I know the answer: U2 are touring to make money these days and this is sad . But I can dream, can I?

BUT the fact is that in Moscow (where I'm from) average ticket price for a show in the sports arena (5.000 - 20.000 people) is around 60 Euros. And they were filled up at least by 3/4 (and often sold out) during shows of Garbage, Marilyn Manson, The Offspring, Moby, The Prodigy, Bjork, Massive Attack, Blur, Pink, Robbie Williams, etc.

Rumors are that there will be a U2 show in Bulgaria.... not the richest of EE countries, so I guess there is still hope for other countries of this region.

P.S. counting days till Aug 5th - my first ever U2 show in Nice, France !!!!

Last edited:
:hyper:

3 US legs?

Let's see some Australia and S. America and Europe covered properly first.

Last edited:
u2 will play where it is convenient AND profitable.
why travel around eastern europe for a few shows when you have to cross complicated borders etc etc.
istanbul, athens, bucharest, etc etc etc could all host sell outs, but it doesn't work out financially or logistically to go to all the effort. i fear it is as simple as that.
sadly those of you from moscow have to go way out to get to see a band you have been hopin to see for years.

brwh1 said:
u2 will play where it is convenient AND profitable.
why travel around eastern europe for a few shows when you have to cross complicated borders etc etc.
istanbul, athens, bucharest, etc etc etc could all host sell outs, but it doesn't work out financially or logistically to go to all the effort. i fear it is as simple as that.
sadly those of you from moscow have to go way out to get to see a band you have been hopin to see for years.
Europe is convenient and profitable too... But only one leg! :eyebrow:

brwh1 said:
sadly those of you from moscow have to go way out to get to see a band you have been hopin to see for years. [/B]

I'm definetly NOT sad about going away !!! Several reasons: I'm going away to see U2. I'm going away for vacation. I'm going away for vacation on Cote d'Azour AND I will see U2. The next day after the show I'll be off to Atlantic shore of France for another week of sun, ocean, and everything that goes with it. :drool:

Seeing U2 perform in your hometown is amazing, but if it's not the case, I'll just take maximum fun out of going away to see them play.

What makes me sad is that I feel like we, Russians, our city, Moscow and our country in general are not good enough to be "blessed" with a U2 show. We are simply not worth it. ... but I guess it's different story.

blueeyedgirl said:
WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET OFF!!!! :mad:

What is it about Americans thinking they are ENTITLED to another leg????? It's enough that the US uses ONE QUARTER of the world's energy to sustain not even 300 million people, it's an outrage that the US dragged my country into a war in Iraq where we had no reason to be there, now you morons want U2 to go back again.

What is it, the rest of the world owes the US a living? If you're not bloody satisfied with the huge number of dates that U2 are playing this year, and so many fans are going to multiple dates, which many other fans in the rest of the world can't do, then perhaps you need to grow up and start using your brains as something other than a ear divider.

Go on, flame away.

*yawn*

Unless you haven't realized, us horrible Americans don't twist U2's leg to come over here to play concerts. Why do the come here to the U2, simple fact $$$$, cities are close together so its cheaper to move stuff around, and you don't have to deal with different international regulations since you are going from state to state and not country to country.

Maybe there's another vast right-wing conspiracy that makes U2 play all of these shows in the U.S.

blueeyedgirl said:

What is it about Americans thinking they are ENTITLED to another leg????? It's enough that the US uses ONE QUARTER of the world's energy to sustain not even 300 million people, it's an outrage that the US dragged my country into a war in Iraq where we had no reason to be there, now you morons want U2 to go back again.

What is it, the rest of the world owes the US a living? If you're not bloody satisfied with the huge number of dates that U2 are playing this year, and so many fans are going to multiple dates, which many other fans in the rest of the world can't do, then perhaps you need to grow up and start using your brains as something other than a ear divider.

Go on, flame away.

blueeyedgirl said:

Go on, flame away.

:laugh: Are you seriously comparing the worlds energy and war to a U2 tour????!!!! :eyebrow: WOW

Others have indicated why it would be possible. MONEY N. America is the easiest and most profitable to tour, period. Its that simple. U2 are money grabbing capitalists after all!! ;)

I dont think a stadium tour in the U.S. is going to happen next year. Is it possible? Sure What I have heard is that the band is toying with several ideas for extending the tour beyond Australia. Where, when and whether it will happen has not been determined at this time. Remember, Europe was suppose to get a stadium leg for Elevation in the summer of 2002, but the band decided they didnt feel like touring any longer and wanted to go back to the studio instead. Same thing could happen again.

Last edited:
So we're greedy for just talking about the possibility of U2 doing a stadium leg in North America? I must have missed the posts where people have said we were entitled to another leg.

Nobody in this thread has hoped that they would do it at the expense of the rest of the world. In fact, nobody has really even said they hoped that it happened at all (although could you blame someone for being happy at the thought of U2 playing near them again). Basically this thread has talked about the logistics of it and if it would be possible or not.

I understand people who live in places where U2 havent played are upset about the situation, but some of the comments towards North Americans have been uncalled for. If you should be mad at anybody you should be mad at U2, as they are clearly more concerned about making money these days.

Last edited:
I think stadiums are too risky. Elevation and Vertigo indoor US have sold out almost everywhere. U2 can probably sell out stadiums at New York, Chicago, Boston and possibly LA. After that there will be empty seats and depending on the press mood they may get creamed for losing their popularity a la Popmart. U2 are the biggest band right now and are not going to risk destroying what they built up over the past two tours.

I agree with Chizip. We're not "demanding" more shows, just discussing the possibility.

I'm just really interested to see what the 4th leg will consist of---I really do hope they prove us wrong, as far as their motives these days ($$$).

brwh1 said:
In Europe it is barely sold out - tickets are being released every day for most shows, and ebay prices are struggling to reach face value. Only the Dublin shows (where it seems there will be more Americans than Irish!) and a couple others are still in high demand.

This is standard practise for all shows in Europe. You will always find shows which are sold out releasing "production" seats in the weeks before the event. I guess they are either returns, unused by promoters or released once they set-up of the stage is confirmed. Tickets often get held back to try and lower the black market demand in the weeks preceding the show as well. Believe me, Europe is in no way "barely selling out".

bathiu said:

Where did you get this number?????
4 stadium shows????

U2 are playing 6 dates in NY on VertigoTour, that's 120,000 tickets...
I'm talking about "tickets" not "people" because most of the people will see all 6 shows, very few will see only one show.
...120,000 that's 2 stadium shows (notice it means the same number of "tickets", but bigger number of "people")... where did you get 4??

U2 played 4 stadiums shows in NY area during Outside Broadcast Tour, selling almost 215,000 tickets (and first 54,500 tickets sold in 23 minutes).

With Best Of 80-90's, ATYCLB and HTDAAB popularity, U2 can soldout again 4 or 5 shows in NY. YES, 4 or 5 nights at Giants Stadium.

On the other hand, U2 are playing 8 dates (not 6) in NY and 2 in East Rutherford, so Vertigo Tour has sold around 190,000 tickets in NY area and they can soldout many more nights at MSG.

Vox

Sorry, us Americans have such a role in deciding when and where U2 plays. It is our fault that they want to play here. A thousand apologies from all of us selfish arrogant bastards that make U2 play for us all the time. We are the assholes of the earth. These type of threads (actually it was all good before the name calling began) are what makes Interference so goddamn frustrating sometimes. Learn something about how the world works prior to making such brass and uninformed statements, I say. I understand most on here DO have an intricate knowledge of international finance, trade, labor, travel, copyright, economics, corporate music, live sound reproduction and above all tour production on a world wide scale....but no need to call us spoiled.

Last edited:
U2 should start the next tour in Europe, then go to Australia/New Zealand, then do USA and then do Europe again. Come back and do stadiums in Canada.

SMB

Hey why not?

You know, fuck all of this, all the "I got fucked" threads. I don't care anymore if U2 move to the US and play there continuously. It doesn't matter that our friend Oneflick was so looking forward to seeing U2 for the second time sometime next year, but he won't cos he was killed on his honeymoon. He'll never have the chance.

This is all making me too pissed off so I'm going to stay in PLEBA until they announce tour dates in Australia. THEN I might venture back here.

blueeyedgirl said:
Hey why not?

You know, fuck all of this, all the "I got fucked" threads. I don't care anymore if U2 move to the US and play there continuously. It doesn't matter that our friend Oneflick was so looking forward to seeing U2 for the second time sometime next year, but he won't cos he was killed on his honeymoon. He'll never have the chance.

This is all making me too pissed off so I'm going to stay in PLEBA until they announce tour dates in Australia. THEN I might venture back here.

:huh:

blueeyedgirl said:
Hey why not?

Once again, our fault? Sympathy and all...but U2 is making the decisions here. Even if we didn't want them to play here, they would. Why is it such a big surprise that they play North America as much as they have? Hmm..22 million (or so) in Australia...20+ million in New York Metro. I think there are some mislaid emotions here, people not correctly identifying what is actually pissing them off. I personally know 4 gigantic U2 fans from Australia that have seen well over a dozen U2 shows already this tour (more than this American) and they will see a good 25 more between them this summer...at least! One saw over 70 Elevation shows. I am not aware of any plans EVER announced at anytime that even rumored there would be dates in Australia before late this year, early next.

U2 has already moved to the US though. And if you are so pissed about your country's involvement in Iraq, do something about it rather than blaming someone else for what makes you mad. Yes this war has nothing to do with terrorism and certainly not WMD, but there are gigantic economic forces at work in Iraq aimed at stabilizing a global economy that your country is more than willing to take part in. No one is clean here, no one is blameless. No one was dragged anywhere they didn't want to be. Trust me, there are many many companies most likely making billions in the desert, many of which I am sure call Sydney, London, Paris, Tokyo and New York home.

PLEBA is a good place to keep your head in the sand though. Thanks for blowing up a good thread. Chizip...where were we?

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:

Go on, flame away.

Flame away? Why would we care what you think?

After all...we da' boss.

If you have a problem with U2 coming here so much, bitch to Bono not us.

Last edited:
DanB said:

Or really, what a way to get under the skin of people doing a bit too much bitching and whining.:yes:
You said it yourself; Why would we care what you think?

It's not just you saying it... It's the thought that a lot of American's really believe in that! Knowing that, it does get under my (and probably everybody's) skin!

Lame and pathetic indeed!

Neilz said:

You said it yourself; Why would we care what you think?

It's not just you saying it... It's the thought that a lot of American's really believe in that! Knowing that, it does get under my (and probably everybody's) skin!

Lame and pathetic indeed!

Chill out my man. I think your wooden shoes are on too tight.;)

cmb737 said:

Once again, our fault? Sympathy and all...but U2 is making the decisions here. Even if we didn't want them to play here, they would. Why is it such a big surprise that they play North America as much as they have? Hmm..22 million (or so) in Australia...20+ million in New York Metro. I think there are some mislaid emotions here, people not correctly identifying what is actually pissing them off. I personally know 4 gigantic U2 fans from Australia that have seen well over a dozen U2 shows already this tour (more than this American) and they will see a good 25 more between them this summer...at least! One saw over 70 Elevation shows. I am not aware of any plans EVER announced at anytime that even rumored there would be dates in Australia before late this year, early next.

U2 has already moved to the US though. And if you are so pissed about your country's involvement in Iraq, do something about it rather than blaming someone else for what makes you mad. Yes this war has nothing to do with terrorism and certainly not WMD, but there are gigantic economic forces at work in Iraq aimed at stabilizing a global economy that your country is more than willing to take part in. No one is clean here, no one is blameless. No one was dragged anywhere they didn't want to be. Trust me, there are many many companies most likely making billions in the desert, many of which I am sure call Sydney, London, Paris, Tokyo and New York home.

PLEBA is a good place to keep your head in the sand though. Thanks for blowing up a good thread. Chizip...where were we?

That is absolute crap! America and Britain etc..did not go into the war with any hidden agendas!
If any countries had hidden agendas, it was French or German govments that were only thinking of oil for themselves and sick of seeing America come to the rescue yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom