so looks like there WILL be an "egg"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
from atu2.com:

(in reference to some unofficial fan designs of the vertigo stage that have been floating about)

@U2 has shared the images with a source who has seen the Vertigo stage, and we were told "Neither are close to what I saw in terms of shape." Our source tells us the Vertigo stage does employ an oval-shaped area much like the Elevation heart, but the oval extends further out onto the floor than the heart did. The stage is described to us as "very clean" with very little to block the view of fans sitting to the sides and behind the band. There are reportedly more than 3,000 lights built into the stage floor, and a new video screen technology will have large LEDs on a drape-like fabric. And that's all we know about the stage at this point.

sounds good! :hyper:

you have a feeling that they wouldn't be able to lay lights on the floor so easily in a stadium

Why would the stage design be different from Arenas to Stadiums. I understand the lighting aspect and different size dimensions..... but on the Elevation tour it looks as if the stage was the same in both - they did do some stadiums in the UK didn't they?

This is my first tour ( I have GA's for Manchester) and I really hope they do have a Oval walk way similar to what I have seen on the Elevation DVD's

Lisa

OMG!!!

the hafta play Red Light cause then all 3000 lights can go red!!!
111111111u2rulesz:drool:

digsy said:
from atu2.com:

@U2 has shared the images with a source who has seen the Vertigo stage, and we were told "Neither are close to what I saw in terms of shape." Our source tells us the Vertigo stage does employ an oval-shaped area much like the Elevation heart, but the oval extends further out onto the floor than the heart did. The stage is described to us as "very clean" with very little to block the view of fans sitting to the sides and behind the band. There are reportedly more than 3,000 lights built into the stage floor, and a new video screen technology will have large LEDs on a drape-like fabric. And that's all we know about the stage at this point.

sounds good! :hyper:

This sounds great-- a bigger stage means more people inside the egg (maybe 400-500 now up from 300 during Elevation) and also more premium "along the rail" space both inside and outside the egg. That will add up to less pushing and shoving.

With a bigger stage, it also makes me think there will not be any kind of catwalk out to a B stage; the egg will extend out far enough it sounds like.

Can't wait to see it!

lisa2004 said:
Why would the stage design be different from Arenas to Stadiums. I understand the lighting aspect and different size dimensions..... but on the Elevation tour it looks as if the stage was the same in both - they did do some stadiums in the UK didn't they?

This is my first tour ( I have GA's for Manchester) and I really hope they do have a Oval walk way similar to what I have seen on the Elevation DVD's

Lisa

On the Elevation Tour the stage design was basically the same because U2 wanted it to be a simple stage. They don't wanted it to be gigantic in stadiums.

But in this Tour what is happening is exactly the opposite. They want to do a "big thing". So that's why in arenas the stage will be smaller than the stadium ones. Basically because big stages don't fit in arenas.

This happened exactly on Zoo TV Tour. Whose stage in arenas were different from the stadium ones.

This is the first topic thread that even comes close to what the stage will look like.

Remember - Mark Fisher was trying to get the LEDs to work on fabric for the Popmart tour - I bet they got it going for this one.

Plus with the advancement of Tiling and Tubular LEDs we are bound to see them built into the floor of the stage (as I guessed months back in some thread somewhere.)

Now withe the 'Edge Feature' segment of the show - I am bound to guess that they got the Audio Spotlight to work on the scale of an arena.

That will be great to see and hear...

So,do you think they will still have the Oval walk way in the Stadiums then?????? Just on a larger scale!

I do hope so!!??!!

Lisa

lisa2004 said:

On Elevation, they played seven stadium/outdoor gigs - the two at Slane, a stadium in Turin, an amphitheatre in Berlin, and a closed stadium in Arnhem. All UK shows were arenas. The Elevation stage was pretty easily enlarged to suit the larger venues as it was so simplistic in design. This tour, the band has already said stuff about using something different in Europe, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom