So how are they gonna simulate an atomic bomb going off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianh20

The Fly
You know it's gonna happen. End of the last song before the first encore they're going to simulate an a-bomb that they couldn't dismantle. Magicians being brought in? They're not sawing anyone in half or pulling rabbits out of hats. Everyone's going to be a part of the show. A stage that's taking on the look of a bomb. A show with the heart of Elevation but the specatcle of ZooTV and Popmart. The clues are everywhere.

This should be good. :)

brianh20 said:
You know it's gonna happen. End of the last song before the first encore they're going to simulate an a-bomb that they couldn't dismantle. Magicians being brought in? They're not sawing anyone in half or pulling rabbits out of hats. Everyone's going to be a part of the show. A stage that's taking on the look of a bomb. A show with the heart of Elevation but the specatcle of ZooTV and Popmart. The clues are everywhere.

I don't know about that, but I bet a large LED countdown timer would be appropriate... be it until the show starts, or until it ends.

ya i forgot about those magicians....hmmmm...

either way, when the bomb goes off I hope Adam reacts the same way he did during the explosions of "Daddy's Gonna PAy..."

brianh20 said:
A show with the heart of Elevation but the specatcle of ZooTV and Popmart. The clues are everywhere.

Yee-hah!

I wonder how uncharacteristically dark it's going to be. Have you seen the t-shirts on U2.com with the missiles and the demon-dog ("the Enemy")?? Scary.

Last edited:
I remember it reading magic tricks, and not magicians.

Very different animal. I assume they are using some of the production assets of magic shows (ala Vegas)...not lions and rabbits.

cmb737 said:

Very different animal. I assume they are using some of the production assets of magic shows (ala Vegas)...not lions and rabbits.

I'm not expecting magic tricks at all. I'm thinking more like these magicians are going to put forth some sort of optical illusion, hence my thinking that we'll be seeing a simulated atom bomb going off.

Call it a hunch. :)

cmb737 said:

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=955

The Biggest Thing: U2 aiming for new high in Vertigo Tour

The band are set to put on their most explosive shows ever which will cost over EUR1million a night to stage.

A top Vertigo tour insider told me they are planning their most elaborate stage design to date.

He said: "There is going to be a total of over 3,000 lights, their biggest sound system and five video screens.

"On top of that there will be special effects which top magicians are being brought in to choreograph.

"This is the biggest show that a rock band have ever taken on the road- the costs involved are huge.

u2wedge said:

http://www.u2tours.com/news/article.src?ID=955

The Biggest Thing: U2 aiming for new high in Vertigo Tour

The band are set to put on their most explosive shows ever which will cost over EUR1million a night to stage.

A top Vertigo tour insider told me they are planning their most elaborate stage design to date.

He said: "There is going to be a total of over 3,000 lights, their biggest sound system and five video screens.

"On top of that there will be special effects which top magicians are being brought in to choreograph.

"This is the biggest show that a rock band have ever taken on the road- the costs involved are huge.

How in the world could it be bigger than Zoo TV?

Simulate a nuclear explosion? Wow, if there would ever be a Spinal Tap moment for U2, it would surely be this . . .

I will settle for a cool stage that lets GA people up close, some innovative use of monitors, and all the stage lights coming on as Larry comes in on Streets.

bono's answer to HTDAAB is "don't build one'! there will be no explosion - just the f'ing great music!!@!!

Hopefully, they are not!

I mean I love that kind of silliness at say, a KISS concert, but not sure if I want to see it from U2...

i thought the album was about DISMANTLING an atomic bomb.

If a bomb goes off, what does that tell you?

I vaguely remember reading that there was a "count down" concept being tossed around for either the Zoo TV or Popmart tours. I think the clock was ticking down to midnight New Year's eve. Of course, it was more well-thought out then I am explaining it here, but I'm pretty sure it was an idea.

teebee said:

Exactly.
There will be no bomb going off, it'll be close, but Edge will dismantle the bomb (an actual WWII surplus bomb at that) every night in a nick of time while perfoming the solo in "Acrobat" without missing a note.

Roland of Gilead, as to what your signature (?) says, are you really seeing four shows? Not the least bit greedy, are ya?:madspit:

:grumpy: I might not get to see even one....

I hope you enjoy every one of those FOUR shows!

Yes..... I am bitter.

haha apparently you havent seen the threads where people list the shows they are going to...

4 isnt that many, some people are going to 20+ shows...

teebee said:

It tells me that they COULDN'T dismantle it, the same way that Mark Chapman shot John Lennon during those Bullet the Blue Sky raps. It would be some sort of harsh lesson about the direction they feel the world's taking. Who knows?

It's a hunch, something fun to ponder given that we seem to be in for some sort of spectacle. :)

4 is nothing compared to my friends in the chat section. I seriously think this tour needs to be renamed after one of my chat friends. Tan Tour '05! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom