Show improvements...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Just curious.....anyone who attended the first shows, have you gone to the chicago shows? If so, what are the improvements made. Musically and stage decor....:wink:

the zooropa slot machine thing before the encore is new

there are newer and better graphics for zoo station

there are newer and better graphics at the end of the fly

they use the overhead screen to display slogans during the fly now

when they stand in the smoke during zoo station is new

hmm, thats all i can think of visually right now

musically, they are really nailing the fly and zoostation better these days. especially zoo station, the way it kicks in with the drums at the beginning is a lot better than it used to be.

electric co is really getting better too, edge is really rocking out on his guitar for that song these days

im sure i may think of more later...

So the slogans are only being used on the overhead, not the curtains?

What about......All because of you. In some of the boots that I've listened to, it sounds somewhat sloppy. It'll be cool if Edge could do that intro all the way thru just like on the album version.

I hope I see all that on the third leg.

no the slogans are on the curtains too

but now they are also on the overhead screen as well

there are also some new graphics during one that i didnt see at the opener, where on the overhead screen there are a bunch of little boxes that show clips of people in the audience, and they all converge to form bono...

they put that in a while ago, but i know it wasnt at the opener

Zooropa man said:

What about......All because of you. In some of the boots that I've listened to, it sounds somewhat sloppy. It'll be cool if Edge could do that intro all the way thru just like on the album version.

Slogans are still on the curtains.

There is no way The Edge can play the rythym guitar and the slide guitar part at the same time in ABOY unless the slide part is replaced by a backing track. That is NOT going to happen for this tour. :wink:

Zooropa man said:

Even the best boot can't hold a candle to a show I've been to and the sound is 100x better when you're actually in the areana. You just have to be there to get the full experience.

Yeah, I know that he can't do the whole slide intro. Obviously they used two guitars on the record but what do you think of this idea, have bono play the chords and edge just jam it up....

Yeah, I know what you mean that it sounds much better being there. As for the little square of people that make bono during one, I saw them at the Anaheim show. They had it on the side monitors. I know cause I was sitting sideways to the stage. It's pretty cool though.

Bono on rhythm guitar for ABOY? :lmao: Heck, Bono's "guitar playing" is the reason why Crumbs hasn't been played yet.

Jokes aside, Bono has trouble playing complex guitar sequences while singing. For example, he was NOT playing the chiming notes in the Boston DVD version of Walk On. That was a backing track, sad to say. For this tour, U2 has shunned any and all backing tracks for guitars.

Bono shouldn't play the guitar on ABOY because then we wouldn't get his rockin' tambourine playing!

ABOY was one of the pleasant surprises for me live. I'm fairly "meh" about it on the album, but it really worked better live for me.

LOL , Yeah, I know bono on guitar. He just looks good with it. But seriously, he should learn. I think that would make the song much much better.

I agree! Just imagine how many other songs that same comment applies to! Acrobat (most everyone's Moby Dick), for example, desperately needs two guitars in order to be properly played live.

Chizip said:
the zooropa slot machine thing before the encore is new

there are newer and better graphics for zoo station

there are newer and better graphics at the end of the fly

they use the overhead screen to display slogans during the fly now

when they stand in the smoke during zoo station is new

hmm, thats all i can think of visually right now

musically, they are really nailing the fly and zoostation better these days. especially zoo station, the way it kicks in with the drums at the beginning is a lot better than it used to be.

electric co is really getting better too, edge is really rocking out on his guitar for that song these days

im sure i may think of more later...

The graphics were not available at the begining of the tour as they were produced by the same people making the U2 keychains.

ABOY in Philly was really spot on. i was kind of impressed, having heard some early boots.

it was really good at Hanover Quay too though.....

if he wanted to learn to play better wouldn't he have done so by now? yeah. i like him on tambourine so much more than on guitar...the tambourine is hot....:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom