Setlist partaaaaay 2005-07-13 Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popmartijn said:

One slight clarification here, that girl is my sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

That alone makes it my best U2 concert experience ever!!!

(still too :hyper: )

WOW!!!! What did she say about it???? Tell ALL!!!

U2Man said:
I'm glad nobody has made any inappropriate comments yet then :wink: Cool to have your sister on stage :wink:

I haven't had time to read the full thread yet. If some did, I will find out where they're living. :shifty:

:D

zooholland said:

well he tried a few times...he knows how to say welterusten prtty well aswell as het is een mooie dag (before beautiful day obviously) and he said something like dit is het moment...

He also said U2 welcome home or something like that which was very appreciated by the crowd

Pretty sure he asked Anton for help on that. (Too bad he didn't ask me: I teach Dutch to English speakers)
All of that is not to difficult to say :wink:

Miringeltje said:

Pretty sure he asked Anton for help on that. (Too bad he didn't ask me: I teach Dutch to English speakers)
All of that is not to difficult to say :wink:
\

well we all know how well bono remembers his own lyrics so i guess for him remembering dutch lines is a big achievement lol :wink:

he dedicated RTST to theo van gogh (and as said before the comment about pim fortuyn i missed somehow :shrug:

zwervers2 said:
I really feel the albumversion of all of these are better..aboy I just don;t like..used to b b-side material for these guys :wink:

That explains a lot. I don't have HTDAAB, so I had never heard those songs before. And I really like stripped down (accoustic) songs anyway. I believe Miracle Drug as well as Yahweh have more guitar in them on the album.

zooholland said:
\

well we all know how well bono remembers his own lyrics so i guess for him remembering dutch lines is a big achievement lol :wink:

I think it's already totally cool that he gives it a try in all these different languages!
He really puts some effort in it.

Hope eveybody enjoyed themselves at the concert.
I'm heading out of here to actually get some work done.
't sure was fun.
Again on Friday.
:wave:

im off to bed too.....been at the arena at 8 am so i am up since 6 am or something...really sleepy but still over-excited by today but im gonna try sleeping anyhow :huh:

Lila64
Thanks.
I'm sure people will be able to figure out how to see those pics, if they want to.
It also says not to use them without permission.
But you should be ok posting the links, I think.

Beautiful set of pics, by the way who ever took them...

Last edited:
I didn't notice that 'permission' comment til just now. Should I edit my post :ohmy: I don't want to offend anyone. Was just trying to share...

Popmartijn said:

One slight clarification here, that girl is my sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

That alone makes it my best U2 concert experience ever!!!

(still too :hyper: )
:laugh: I am looking forward to hear everything about it on the next testje meeting :sexywink:

:up: for Popmarcy :lol:

U2Man said:

:lmao: :lmao:

Actually, I don't think we're allowed to post these kind of pictures....

Geez you guys...slow down :eek: I'm back on page 21 and missed the Bonoass pic. I was almost there and it disappeared! I will now travel in time 5 or 6 pages and post this...

HONEY, I'M HOME !!!
Went to Amsterdam last night, caught a few hours of sleep and I'm up with the larks again...
Amazing show. Lots of improvements since Brussels. The band was on fire and the audience was very Loud.
I guess Caroline's report on U2log.com says it all.

Welcome Home U2
He said it, we didn’t. At the end of a fierce (on the band’s part) and loud (on the audience’s part) concert, with plenty of appropriate snippets and multiple reference to the city of Amsterdam, Holland and the problems this country faces, Bono expressed his feelings on the night: ‘Welcome home, U2’.

For a first night show, this was a very good one. A bit of Brel (Port of Amsterdam), a bit of Opera (‘Guarda il mare com´e bello!
Spira tanto sentimento.’, from Torna a Surriento.), a bit of Radar Love (by Dutch band Golden Earring) and a hell of a lot of flaky Dutch phrases (‘Een mooie stad, een mooie dag.’, ‘Maak er wat van.’)

The Dutch U2 audience is an odd lot. Generally a little older than in other countries. Unashamedly uninterested in support acts. (The Killers, huge just about everywhere else in the world, deserved better than this lukewarm reception.) But they are absolutely feral in their support of the band during the live show. Deafeningly loud — though perhaps the infamous ArenA echo played a part in that.

It looked like the band enjoyed it and Bono, fumbling for words, quite lengthily thanked the country for still playing U2 on the radio, for still wanting to see them play and for still making the band feel relevant.

Then he thanked Oor magazine and journo Bert van der Kamp and made us sing a belated Happy Birthday for local hero Anton Corbijn.

One down. Two to go. (No shoot tonight.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom