Seattle I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Awesome! :D

I look back on that Zoo Tv show and think how when I was that age never would I imagine that all these years later I'd still be in the throes of U2 fandom, following them on tour and owning a drumstick handed to me by Larry! If someone had told me all of that, I would have thought they were :coocoo:, lol.

true... me, too! however, if somebody had told me back then that i'd actually one day be in the *front row* at a U2 show, right in front of bono, i would've thought they were crazy too! :wink:

Chizip said:
i hope they play party girl on bonos birthday

that would be fun

though i was hoping theyd do that on the elevation tour, but it was jsut a pretty standard setlist with nothing special added...

I'm surprised they didn't do Party Girl then, especially as they did on Edge and Larry's birthdays. And Party Girl is no stranger to Bono's birthday, even appearing on ZooTV.

So ... hopefully this time.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

You really think? That also would be awesome!

not really...but here's to hoping :wink:

but i can see them doing party girl though, they did it in 2001 for larrys BD in providence.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Awesome! :D

I look back on that Zoo Tv show and think how when I was that age never would I imagine that all these years later I'd still be in the throes of U2 fandom, following them on tour and owning a drumstick handed to me by Larry! If someone had told me all of that, I would have thought they were :coocoo:, lol.

I know what you mean. Zoo TV was my first U2 show and I have been a fan ever since.

:)

Shit...I hate this part of the night. I just wish I was at the show. Nothing against you fine people.

If someone told me Bono would sing a part of Beautiful day directly too me during Elevation i would have thought they were nuts...but he did...:wink:

RademR said:

not really...but here's to hoping :wink:

but i can see them doing party girl though, they did it in 2001 for larrys BD in providence.

yeah, i was at that show, in the front of the heart... bono brought out a bottle of champage during 'party girl' and sprayed it all over the crowd! :drool: i sincerely hope he does that again in chi-town...

and i hope he does the conga line for "mysterious ways" again, too! :up:

Niceman said:

And I think it's my favorite on that album!

Well, it did get a couple of years of play! A demo was recorded in 1978 and it was known to be played in 1979 and 1980. It may just be the oldest song to make Boy, maybe even older than Out Of Control.

*Ally* said:

yeah, i was at that show, in the front of the heart... bono brought out a bottle of champage during 'party girl' and sprayed it all over the crowd! :drool: i sincerely hope he does that again in chi-town...

and i hope he does the conga line for "mysterious ways" again, too! :up:

Whoa...that's cool! It would be great if all that would happen again...and in my birthtown too!

*Ally* said:

Jealous....that was one of my favorite Elevation boots.

actually, I'm listening to that part of it right now after going through this thread.

Slow dancing after Party Girl....:drool:

RademR said:

Slow dancing after Party Girl....:drool:

yup, that was fantastic... :up: i'd love to find a video boot of that show- haven't been able to locate one yet.

ok, should be time for "EVERYONE"!!!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Are you serious? Or Are you dreaming?

I'm serious..he did he sang the "what you don't have you don't need it now" part while looking directly at me...Oct 12th 2001 Montreal... I was just outside the heart and i held a little sign that said Thank you U2 he saw it put his hand to chest and sang that part of the song to me...it was awesome!...:)

Axver said:

Well, it did get a couple of years of play! A demo was recorded in 1978 and it was known to be played in 1979 and 1980. It may just be the oldest song to make Boy, maybe even older than Out Of Control.

Well, so far we've had (including the brooklyn bridge show)
I will follow
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
Out of Control
Stories for Boys (snippet)
The Ocean
Electric Co.

Which just leaves:
Twilight
A Day Without Me
Another Time, Another Place
and Shadows and Tall Trees

I mean, if they'll play The Ocean, we could hear any or all of these!

Last edited:
angel_28 said:

I'm serious..he did he sang the "what you don't have you don't need it now" part while looking directly at me...Oct 12th 2001 Montreal... I was just outside the heart and i held a little sign that said Thank you U2 he saw it put his hand to chest and sang that part of the song to me...it was awesome!...:)

Congrats! I bet you almost fainted!

*Green with envy...Green with envy....Green with envy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom