Saitama II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're in Japan here,but I think when Wham! played China back in the day,weren't the crowd only allowed to clap at the end of every song and remaining seated? I wouldn't know how to control meself with Andrew Ridgley's guitar playing.....

gmc said:
I know we're in Japan here,but I think when Wham! played China back in the day,weren't the crowd only allowed to clap at the end of every song and remaining seated? I wouldn't know how to control meself with Andrew Ridgley's guitar playing.....

:handsoverearsgrimmacing: would be a start...!

So, no openers in Japan? U2 goes on at 7:30? cool... Opening acts get in the way. Loved Keane though. Pearl Jam will rock too

SMB

I have to wonder: when was the last time U2 didn't have an opener? Ever? Did they have openers back on ZooTV and Popmart in Japan?

I just wish that this lack of an opener meant a three hour setlist. :wink:

Shawn Bonneau said:
Big Audio Dynamite II on ZooTV... PopMart there was no opener

SMB

Did Howie B do his thing, though? I know some other Popmart shows technically had no opener (e.g. Reggio Emilia), but Howie B was there DJing.

So sad... One last show after this and its Japan and Japan setlist parties are weak... Then Hawaii and I won't be here for the party, I'll be there haha

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
So sad... One last show after this and its Japan and Japan setlist parties are weak... Then Hawaii and I won't be here for the party, I'll be there haha

SMB

How about playing nude Twister?

Playing the guitar is easier than I thought it would be. But I've been playing my whole life. I have been teaching myself the piano the last couple years. I'm an Edge at piano, I can fool around with chords

SMB

coolian2 said:

I'd have been up for going over there to Bono-strum a guitar and perform a cover of Mofo.

Do Lemon as well. All you have to do is stand there, hold the guitar, and look cool while the backing tracks and synths do everything for you.

coolian2 said:

Don't be silly.

It'd be acoustic. With the best segue into Zooropa

Acoustic. :tsk:

I expect a full electric 4th Of July with extended shredding solo preced by a tambourine solo!

does anyone know why U2 don't have a opening band in Japan? surely some local japenese band would be ok?

Axver said:

Acoustic. :tsk:

I expect a full electric 4th Of July with extended shredding solo preced by a tambourine solo!

Bloody hell...are you expecting me to find a band and fly them over too? Or will i do one of those Springsteen setups with drums between my knees and a tambourine on my foot?

My setlist so far....

Mofo (acoustic)
Lemon --> Zooropa (acoustic)
4th of July / Bass trap (snippet)

coolian2 said:

Bloody hell...are you expecting me to find a band and fly them over too? Or will i do one of those Springsteen setups with drums between my knees and a tambourine on my foot?

My setlist so far....

Mofo (acoustic)
Lemon --> Zooropa (acoustic)
4th of July / Bass trap (snippet)

You're a Kiwi, right? Of course you can do it by yourself. Getting other people to do stuff is for lazy foreigners. :wink:

I hope you're rehearsing Freedom For My People. It would fit in well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom