Saitama I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Wow, it has been a bloody long time since I've made a setlist party thread. I guess I've been too busy enjoying the concerts for myself. :wink:

Today's show is the first of three at the Saitama Super Arena in Japan. Apparently there is no support act, so U2 may be on stage at 7:30pm local time. I guess we'll find out soon. 4U2Play will hopefully be our setlist source.

7:30pm Japanese time is 8:30pm in Brisbane, 10:30am in London, 5:30am in New York, and 2:30am in Los Angeles, at least according to timeanddate.com.

I wonder what U2 will play tonight, considering that the setlist (especially the couple of songs after Beautiful Day) isn't yet set in stone. Should be interesting!

Have a good one, folks! :wave:

My prediction:

1-3. Usual trio
4. I Will Follow
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Stuck In A Moment
8. The First Time
9-16. Usual stuff

17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You

20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. Kite

I was going to say Angel and Stuck after Beautiful Day and Desire after Saints, but I figure that U2 will want to keep Desire for the second concert and Angel will be in tonight's encore. My motivation for putting The First Time with Stuck is that the band seem to have discarded Yahweh and probably won't do three ATYCLB songs in a row.

We'll see ...

:hmm:

So the show starts at 2.30 AM for me?
I think I'm gonna try to catch a couple of hours of sleep then.
And try to wake up in 3 hours.
I have a lot of work to do tomorrow.
So I have to be up early any way.

See you later!

:wave:

Hi All.

Just having trouble setting up with 4U2play here...

He just left a message on my phone, and I just must have missed his call....

SO!, I can't make calls out right now....I'm not sure why...but yeah....

So...could someone call 4U2play and send give him my e-mail.

My e-mail is : elevateursoul[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Just sent out the info to her. Not sure of the scene there right now but I hope that she can help.

She met the band earlier. Not sure where.

Go Yumi!!!

larryyumi.jpg

autographsyumi.jpg

A few more details of the meet n greet...

Yumi is there with Carly, diehard Aussie U2 fan who attended all shows Down Under.

Just IM'd with Carly's husband, who was just in touch with Carly, and he says it sounds manic. Plenty of pushing and a crush - "amazing the band hung around". She has met some crazy Aussies who are there too!

Looking for more contact possibilities bono_man....

pjotr said:
Morning everybody, so how many hours do we have to wait for the show starts?

If it does indeed begin at 7:30pm local time, that's 1.5 hours away now.

I hope that we get a contact sorted out. :fingerscrossed:

fragrant said:
...ah, it's 6 PM there. They are probably entering the venue right now, so I bet that's why we're not hearing from them.

just got off the phone with friends there--the venue is open but the line isn't moving yet. no one slept out in the GA :up:

ruffian said:

just got off the phone with friends there--the venue is open but the line isn't moving yet. no one slept out in the GA :up:

Hi Ruffian!

thanks for the info.

Can you please contact bono_man at elevateursoul[at]gmail.com
and help us contact 4U2Play please?

fragrant said:

Hi Ruffian!

thanks for the info.

Can you please contact bono_man at elevateursoul[at]gmail.com
and help us contact 4U2Play please?

the email bounced back. i'll try it with the spaces left in.

email went through. Sorry, but I've got to get up early for work. I hope you can get your source! if i hear back from him quickly i'll post here.

Last edited:
coolian2 said:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase....

Coolian, I don't suppose your able to help out us out with a short 30secs-1min call to Japan? :)

Ruff - did you use the @? ...dumb question, but you know :whistle:

bono_man2002 said:
This may turn into one of those parties that isnt the best advertisment for setlist partying...

Just my luck... I'm not much of a party-animal anyway. :) I'll probably have to go to bed before it's over anyway... at least Japan's nearly in the same time zone as me!

bono_man2002 said:

Coolian, I don't suppose your able to help out us out with a short 30secs-1min call to Japan? :)

Ruff - did you use the @? ...dumb question, but you know :whistle:

i'm jetlagged, but not that bad! :madwife:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom