Roll Call: MTV VMA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I can stomach it. It's just a five hour(pre-show included) public showing of the degenration of MTV and the popular music scene itself in recent years. It's almost all hip-hop. I watched the whole thing last year and afterwards I was very sad for a few days, and I even made posts(not at Interference) about subjects such as 'rock is dying'. And I don't think I can stomach three hours of Diddy hosting. He's a moron who got popular by sampling The Police and Zeppelin and has been living off of bad rap songs and shitty MTV reality shows ever since. I'm actually kind of glad U2 are only nominated for one category and probably won't be there.

namkcuR said:
I don't think I can stomach it. It's just a five hour(pre-show included) public showing of the degenration of MTV and the popular music scene itself in recent years. It's almost all hip-hop. I watched the whole thing last year and afterwards I was very sad for a few days, and I even made posts(not at Interference) about subjects such as 'rock is dying'. And I don't think I can stomach three hours of Diddy hosting. He's a moron who got popular by sampling The Police and Zeppelin and has been living off of bad rap songs and shitty MTV reality shows ever since. I'm actually kind of glad U2 are only nominated for one category and probably won't be there.

:up:

If U2 aren't there, I won't bother watching it. I really don't care if they win either; I honestly don't expect them to.

I like the Vertigo video, so I do hope they win something for it. I'll put it on in the background whilst I prep for another glorious week of underpaid labor.

namkcuR said:

U2 are smart enough to stay away from those shows if they're not performing. If they win, they'll probably just cut to them accepting the famous "Moonman" award on tour or something.

God I hate MTV.

Aren't they up for 5 awards or something?

I would have thought Bono may fly down to Miami for the day and schmooze.

u2fp

PS - I thought the 1998 BRITS awards acceptance "from inside the lemon in South America" was a great idea!!

Back
Top Bottom