random ticket beep egg selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this random thing, I know it pisses off alot of die hards, but I have a life outside of U2 and can't commit to hours in line for a good floor spot. I'd like to know that I can have some dinner and drinks with my girl before the show and still have a chance to see the band close up. I'd rather be on the outside and close to the tip of the oval myself, all I really care about is I have my GA's and not spending $500 per ticket like some of these poor souls.

ckonanz said:
Does anyone knows how many people fit in the whole floor? I want to calculate the chances of getting in

I believe the figure is 2000, with 400 in the ellipse. So you have a 1-in-5 chance.

TheFly40 said:
Well we know that forming two seperate lines at the May MSG show won't be happening considering NO Prop/U2.com members got GA tix.

Prove it.

I think we will soon see that plenty of people were lucky in the presale. It's just that demand far exceeded supply.

OldTimerU2Fan said:

No, No, No..

They give YOU an egg timer.

You know, one of those little disc doo-thingies that flashes and beeps when your table is ready at mall-parking-lot theme restaurants.

Get with the program!

Ohhhhhh.....so we're all meeting at Outback Steakhouse to compare eggtimers?? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

The OOTS said:

1800-2000 GA tickets and only 200 beeps. That's more like a 1 in ten shot.

Yep...thats what I thought too...

Unless you count getting friendly with other ticket holders...I suppose the odds go up then.

but if you go with a friend or partner up with somebody it doubles your chances...

I guess we all should be happy that we are going, and if get inside of the ellipse/egg that would be better! Either way we are going to get great spots

The OOTS said:

1800-2000 GA tickets and only 200 beeps. That's more like a 1 in ten shot.

Right, the chances of getting a beep (200 beeps, 2000 people) are 1-in-10. But the chances of getting in the heart (400 spots, 2000 people) are 1-in-5.

Ok, quick question (sorry if it's a bit out of subject)..

Has anyone actually been towards the back of the floor (GA style)? What is the sound like back there, in case I don't get in the ellipse?

but if two people together get "beeps" then they can choose people who don't get beeps and take some lucky people in with them. I would.

I think it sounds fun.

bonoed said:
but if two people together get "beeps" then they can choose people who don't get beeps and take some lucky people in with them. I would.

I think it sounds fun.

Wow, you'd have friends for life. That'd be a nice gift!!!

If people get to bring someone with them, it is only 200 beeps instead of 400 beeps. Ahh beep,beep.

They should have posted a rule book at U2.com for fans to brush up on with sections and subsections.

Just a thought, but what do you think those with first level reserved seats are thinking about all this beepin nonsense? They shelled out anywhere from $50-$100 more just to be beep-free.

Bleepin beepers. :madspit:

I wonder what kind of a beep it is, with everybody talking, and all the noise of that many people, they better be able to hear the beeps correctly.

This is interesting. It means the bar code thingy is programmed to do a different kind of beep when it encounters a certain #. Since there are so many hackers all over the internet can they not figure out how to make a ticket beep.

Back
Top Bottom