Questions about Oakland and U2.com membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom

Acrobat
Living in Berkeley, my best chance to see U2 is in Oakland. What I'm pondering over is whether it would be worth it to buy a membership at U2.com merely to make sure that I get tickets in time for me and some friends. I have no idea how popular U2 are in Oakland (in general, they dont seem to be very popular in the Bay Area for some reason). $40 is a lot of money for me to shell out, so I'm really not sure as to what to do - get the membership, or take my chances. Surely someone over here can offer me advice?

I say shell out the $40.00, if you are not absolutely lucky and get tickets when they go on sale, then you are stuck paying scalped prices, so you might as well get a membership and then know that you can be pretty much guaranteed a ticket.

I went to seven Elevation concerts, three of which I got tickets from Prop, two were bought on ticketmaster, and two were bought from ticket agencies (scalpers).

Scalped ga's are going to run you 3 to 4 times higher then the face value, so paying $40.00 for a membership is a bargain compared to that.

This is the problem i have, i actually don't have 40 dollars, and i can't ask my parents for it (they don't even have money for our house payment), am i just going to be screwed? will i even get tickets?

I'm sure you'll get tickets. Probably not GA but you'll get tickets.

Back
Top Bottom