Prediction Time!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What day???

• Later today (the 8th)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • the 9th

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • the 10th

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • the 11th

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • the day of the show (the 12th)

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • they never will because they are incompotent

Votes: 27 50.9%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, so today is September 8th, U2's first show is on the 12th. Predict the day U2.com announces the opening band!!!

:lmao: god, it's so humiliating...i still can't believe it!

I also wish they would officially announce that they will be using the same lottery system that they used on the first leg. But I guess that is way too much to ask.

neutral said:
I predict they will announce it on the site, but not until 2-3 days after the first show. I think it took them about a week to figure out that HTDAAB had been released. :hmm:
:lol:

Chizip said:
I also wish they would officially announce that they will be using the same lottery system that they used on the first leg. But I guess that is way too much to ask.
I guess you want them to play a free concert w/ a Zoo TV set in your backyard too or something.
down.gif

I chose the day of the show only because my true guess wasn't an option. I think it will be the day after when they also post a totally incorrect setlist. They might even get the name of the opening band wrong. :happy:

Chizip said:

you must be crazy!:crazy: What an insane thought!..Imagine them actually informing us what the procedure is going to be before the 3rd leg...nawwwwwwwwwww... :no: :huh:

U2dork said:
I chose the day of the show only because my true guess wasn't an option. I think it will be the day after when they also post a totally incorrect setlist. They might even get the name of the opening band wrong. :happy:

I just looked into the future and here's what they post.

U3
Shikago - Madison Circle Garden - 12 Setpebmer 2004
Opening band: Queens Of Lyon

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes you can make it on yr owen
4. Luv and Piece or Else
5. City of Blindin Lites
6. All Becoz Of U
7. A Man and a Womin
8. Crums from yr Talbe
9. 1 Step Closer (Linkin Park cover)
10. Original of tha Speseas
11. yaweh
12. Pitnol
13. Running 2 standstill
14. Vertigo

BAD MAKES ITS TOUR DEBOO OMG!!!1

Axver said:

U3

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
4. Luv and Piece or Else
5. City of Blindin Lites
6. All Becoz Of U
7. A Man and a Womin
8. Crums from yr Talbe
11. yaweh
12. Pitnol
13. Running 2 standstill
14. Vertigo

:lmao: :lmao:

so i was just looking on the tour schedule here on interference and thrills/dashboard confessional are posted as the openers. so there are definitely two opening bands?

*groan*

there have been reports that the thrills have been cancelled. but who the hell really knows?

so interference is posting that but no disclaimer that it isn't official?? :rolleyes:

all of the info regarding opening bands has been through unofficial third party sources. i think the thrills thing came about because they had the dates up on their website, but have since been taken down.

So i think dashboard confessional is 100%, the thrills is 50/50 I'd say.

I just checked Dashboard's website, and they do have the tour dates up. I then checked the Thrills website, and they don't.

So I'm fairly certain it will just be Dashboard Confessional as the opening band for the first 8 shows at least.

Axver said:

U3

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
4. Luv and Piece or Else
5. City of Blindin Lites
6. All Becoz Of U
7. A Man and a Womin
8. Crums from yr Talbe
11. yaweh
12. Pitnol
13. Running 2 standstill
14. Vertigo

:giggle:

I predict they will announce the bands on the day the tour opens, but all the dates and the bands will be scrambled up.

pepokiss said:
I'll be laughing my ass off if U2.com actually puts PITNOL on a set list

At the moment, they put "Pride in the name of love", which drives me INSANE.

U2.com finally announced Dashboard Confessional for Toronto.:huh: From what I can decipher from this article it doesn't seem like they even have all of the support acts lined up.

From U2.com

Dashboard For Toronto

The Fall leg of the tour looks like it’s going to have as great a line-up of support acts as the European leg.

We’re getting news most days at U2.Com of new acts set to perform with U2 on the North American leg which opens Monday.

First up we can confirm that Dashboard Confessional will play support on the opening four dates at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto next week.

Things are still being firmed up with lots of other acts we’ll bring you firm dates for different acts as soon as we get them.

Check the tour dates here

ramblin rose said:
U2.com finally announced Dashboard Confessional for Toronto.:huh: From what I can decipher from this article it doesn't seem like they even have all of the support acts lined up.

From U2.com

Dashboard For Toronto

The Fall leg of the tour looks like it’s going to have as great a line-up of support acts as the European leg.

We’re getting news most days at U2.Com of new acts set to perform with U2 on the North American leg which opens Monday.

First up we can confirm that Dashboard Confessional will play support on the opening four dates at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto next week.

Things are still being firmed up with lots of other acts we’ll bring you firm dates for different acts as soon as we get them.

Check the tour dates here

Well that was unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom