Post-Oslo Setlist Party Part I!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L03VIk

War Child
I was at the show last night, so I missed the setlist party. So I thought it would be nice with a party tonight, for us that were one the show, and those who doesn't have anything better to do:wink:

I will be posting some of my photos during the party, and also go through the setlist with some inside comments, I hope there is others who will contribute with pics and thoughts!

And remember: This is a PARTY!!!

Here's the setlist:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day / The Sun Always Shines On TV (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly / Jean Genie (snippet)
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Vertigo is first tonight too...
The band comes on stage with no "Everyone", just as in Dublin... They take a bow to the audience, go to their spots, and KICKS OFF!!!

10.JPG

Two big balloons with people flies over the venue, and Bono makes a nice little snippet about them...

Last edited:
The Edge on the piano with a guitar around his neck...
You know what it is .... It's New Years Day, bring on the fireworks!

14.JPG

It's a Beautiful Day, and a beautiful snippet of A-Ha's The Sun Always shines on TV!

And Bono still haven't found what he's looking for:

16.JPG

U2@NYC said:
Great pics!

Was it funny to see the whole concert with daylight?

So there ARE other people here?? Hehe...
It was quite dark late in the show, but not pitch black...
The effects on Vertigo II was amazing, so it was dark enough...

It was a special show, since all 40 000 tickets were GA... A lot of jumping going on!

I read the stories in the Norwegian newspapers with the interviews with the girl that was on stage, she said Bono smelled "mannish" :lmao:

neutral said:

:love: :applaud:

Great pics! Did you have a good time? :) :wink:

GREAT!!! Seems like everyone did... Every norwegian newspaper I have read gave the show a 6/6!

Really special to see U2 perform in my own country...

Gothenburg tomorrow... I can't wait.... GA line here I come!

U2Man said:
I read the stories in the Norwegian newspapers with the interviews with the girl that was on stage, she said Bono smelled "mannish" :lmao:

Hehe... I was standing 2 feet away as you can see from the pic... I didn't smell anything, but she shure was shaking... Good thing she had the B-Man to hold on to, or else she wouldn't be able to stand on her feet...

Another great gig! The press reports in Norway has been tremendous, top marks from all the papers.

L03VIk,

I went through the Oslo set list party thread today (a bit sad but anyway...) and its quite funny how Oslo has become the capital of Sweden and Oslos metro map is from Gothenburg!

L03VIk said:

Hehe... I was standing 2 feet away as you can see from the pic... I didn't smell anything, but she shure was shaking... Good thing she had the B-Man to hold on to, or else she wouldn't be able to stand on her feet...

She was shaking? I thought she seemed quite self-confident in those interviews she gave, haha. Nice girl by the way....en sød norsk jente (er det ikke det I kalder dem?) :wink:

JulioArca said:
Another great gig! The press reports in Norway has been tremendous, top marks from all the papers.

L03VIk,

I went through the Oslo set list party thread today (a bit sad but anyway...) and its quite funny how Oslo has become the capital of Sweden and Oslos metro map is from Gothenburg!

No, you got that wrong. Someone made an erroneous comment about that...and it was corrected.

JulioArca said:

L03VIk,

Yeah... saw it... very funny.... To clear up some misunderstandings:

1. Ullevi is in Gothenburg, SWEDEN.
2. Ullevål is the national stadium in NORWAY, but only holds 27 000 for concerts, so therefore they used Valle Hovin for the 40 000 GAs.
3. The Metro Map was from Oslo, NORWAY.
4. There is NOT Polar Bears on the norwegian mainland, and the temperature was fine with about 20 deg. during the show. About 70 F.

U2Man said:

No, you got that wrong. Someone made an erroneous comment about that...and it was corrected.

Yes, yes, I know it was corrected, just made me smile when I read the original posts/errors..!

Back
Top Bottom