Philadelphia Setlist Watch Party IIa -Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and Cleazer, if you decide to go to Pittsburgh I'll be around GA :sexywink:

If not, then I'll be at both Detroit GAs :hyper:

cleazer said:
I've seen the picture..... :wink:

Are you sure??????

fastcars.jpg

the show was just insane...and i'm sick as a dog--don't think i've slept in a week, running a fever, etc. scanned into the ellipse, ended up front row in between Bono and Edge...

There were some hints that something was up and then when Bono said Bruce was coming out everyone just went wild. It was so utterly thrilling!!

Rosa, just got out of the show. I leave tomorrow evening, then work for 2 days and fly back to Philadelphia Friday morning.

:crazy:
Hi Lila! :wave: sorry, missed you...

I must say I think this is a pretty cool set. I hope they keep doing Walk On - I'll take that over Zoo Station and maybe The Fly.

Lila64 said:
I Will Follow

First song of encore:
Walk On
Long version of Fast Cars tonite

Someone had a sign that said 'People Get Ready'. After Fast Cars Bono was apparently looking for the sign. Then said he needed a guitar player. Lucky he found one in a crowd like that. His name, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE (Springsteen). Bruce's wife, Patti came out as well and sang a verse. This song was followed by WOWY. Then break, next to songs ABOY, 40 to finish.

In all:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Walk On
Fast Cars
People Get Ready
With Or Without You

All Because Of You

Of course.
I'm not around and look what happens.
:lol:

:applaud: & :up: though.

Sure sounds like it was a good one.

Lila64, how did your friend do on Millionaire?

Bono forgetting the lyrics to Walk On during the snippet last night was hysterical, but tonight, standing RIGHT in front of the teleprompter, he forgot again. Edge was cracking up! It was a beautiful acoustic version, and Miss S was incredible, esp. considering Bono has a cold.

Proof that the man KNOWS :sexywink:

eqr13c.jpg

eqr18y.jpg

eqr1a0.jpg

Look at those faces! :D

And Ruff: You scanned in again? :hyper:

Get better :hug:

ramblin rose said:
Hey Barbara, what was this long version of Fast Cars like??

it was much like the other version; seemed to have an extra guitar part...

Ok, those pictures are giving me a fever again... :drool:

:combust:

Is this a foreshadowing of the ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND encore?

Replace Elevation in the main set with something cool offa Boy (I Will Follow or Out Of Control or Stories For Boys or Twilight or...you get the picture).

Then, for the encore:

Elevation (Influx-style!)
New York
Kite
Stuck In A Moment
In A Little While
Walk On (Rock this sucker out, none of this acoustic bullshit!)

:drool:

damn, i missed the setlist party on this show....looks like it was great.

Good to see IWF and Walk On, some good additions and a great setlist tonight.

and brruuuceee....

yes, scanned in AGAIN! this time it was my ticket; last night was my friend's ticket who isn't a U2 fan really...at MSG we couldn't figure out who's ticket it was. I guess it makes up for about 14 shows of never having been in once. They seem to have changed the system so that fans arriving early are getting in much more frequently than they used to...I heard that they want the ellipse fuller sooner.

ruffian said:
Bono forgetting the lyrics to Walk On during the snippet last night was hysterical, but tonight, standing RIGHT in front of the teleprompter, he forgot again. Edge was cracking up! It was a beautiful acoustic version, and Miss S was incredible, esp. considering Bono has a cold.

Walk On was snippeted at the first Philly show? During what song?

ruffian said:
yes, scanned in AGAIN! this time it was my ticket; last night was my friend's ticket who isn't a U2 fan really...at MSG we couldn't figure out who's ticket it was. I guess it makes up for about 14 shows of never having been in once. They seem to have changed the system so that fans arriving early are getting in much more frequently than they used to...I heard that they want the ellipse fuller sooner.

:drool: Great news!!! Plus they seem to have relaxed the rules on how many people can get in per party right? :shifty:

Oh and Rosa: :sexywink:

http://tinypic.com/eqr1a0.jpg
removed cause rosa alread sawy it :wink
Just ignore the chick :shifty:

Oh, and actual show related stuff... here's another link to U2 + Bruce from tonight courtesy of mkdominatr

http://s36.yousend it.com/d.aspx?id=3SNU28L6H9T9P28GOS2Q456S7A

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom