Philadelphia IIa Setlist Watch and Party Part ONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What possessed them to turn "Fast Cars" into a semi-regular? It always seemed a bit of a throwaway track to me, I'd much rather OOTS or Crumbs...

inmyplace13 said:

If it's just those two songs right now, I like where it's going.

Although I have a sneaky feeling The First Time reared its mellow head before Walk On

it could have.....I can confirm 100% that walk on was played followed by fast cars...he held up the phone for me.

CTU2fan said:
What possessed them to turn "Fast Cars" into a semi-regular? It always seemed a bit of a throwaway track to me, I'd much rather OOTS or Crumbs...
Have you seen it live? Its a blast!

cleazer said:
Pretty interesting encore so far. Now where's that Fast Cars pic? :wink:

5a2f64dd.jpg

:wink:

u2wedge said:
what i wouldn't give for a little setlist scuffle/debate with Axver tonight...

well I guess nothing's stopping me.... :hmm:

Axver, that setlist didn't have enough of the standard songs in it! :wink:

Yeah, alright, let's have a flame war. :wink:

You're so damn clueless about these setlists, why, you wouldn't know a standard song if it hit you in the face! :rant:

cleazer said:
Have you seen it live? Its a blast!

Haven't seen a 3rd leg gig (yet)...I've seen clips and it looks to be a cool performance; I was more thinking of the song itself.

But I confess, seeing it live might change my mind...plus I love everything they do anyway, they could play Red Light and I'd go nuts :)

I just got it from Andy.......I don't know what song they are going to do but he just got ONSTAGE!!!!!!!

u2girlcj said:
Lila -
I see in your sig that you're taking your daughter in GA - how old is she, may I ask? I'm thinking about taking my daughter in Dec and can't decide to do GA or seats.

We have seats the first nite in L.A. I have 1 GA for myself nite 2. I was told that sometimes kids are automatic ellipse worthy, but I've read stories to the contrary (like at MSG). She's 11, and we are both small (I'm 5'4"). But I'm hoping to get down to the venue in the morning (not crack of dawn early) and wait in line all day, hoping for a rail spot, and perhaps the elusive ellipse Vertigo scan. I told my daughter, Maddy, that she may not be able to see, she won't be able to leave her spot once in, etc. I think she's willing to do it. Now if I can only find a ticket that will not cost me 2 arms and 2 legs.... And I figure most of the U2 fans are very cool, and we'd have a good time hanging out, and hopefully they would look after her (safety wise) as well. But I don't know. It's an incredibly difficult decision, and I'll be pretty bummed being there alone (never alone at a U2 concert, but you know) without her if I can't get her a ticket. It won't be the same...Might be a once in a lifetime chance... :shrug: Let me know what you decide (and how old is your girl?)...

Please send some good GA vibes for finding a ticket.

JUST GOT PMed from BonoIsMyMuse - BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE SPRINGSTEEN!!!

okay so fast cars was one of my highlights from my first and only u2 show. Bono was right into the song, and so was edge and the rest of the band. I didn't know this song when i went in and i loved it when i went out. even my girlfriend who's not really a u2 fan and didn't know it was a b-side asked if we could listen to it on the way home and was dissapointed when I didn't have it.

~A.j.~

Swan269 said:

Well, our fears were crap !!!!!!!! :)
I just checked Page 15 of the thread, and Walk On was one of the songs I predicted for being "done for the year".:laugh:

AtomicBono said:
wow, I totally didn't even know there was a show today.

what's going on?

Well I guess some dude named Springsteen is onstage w/U2...

Swan269 said:

no. I would never ever kid about that. hopefully he will call be back soon.

WOW, I wonder what song they'll do. I can't imagine him just getting on stage and not doing a song.

This is so cool!!

Awesome! There has been so much speculation all year when their schedules coincided and nothing... then this! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom