Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish they would have dont the "i can see for miles" ending in chicago

thats the perfect ending to an awesome performance of that song on this tour

Chizip said:
electric co on this tour is the best ever, imo
I didn't listen to any of the previous vertigo shows before seeing them in Chicago, and I was AMAZED at how good Electric Co is on this tour. It just sounds fantastic!

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // SEND IN THE CLOWNS // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART

I've asked about the Stories for Boys but no reply so far...

cleazer said:
Awesome!

But that's a dangerous road, letting fans pick setlists for dvds and concerts. Pretty soon we'd be surrounded by Bads, Acrobats, and who knows what else.:p

That's a bad thing? I think that the band added UTEOTW and WOWY to Chicago IV due to popular demand. God knows that enough people here were pleading for both of them. Hmm.. I wonder if Paul M. checks out the forum?

and he brought her older sister on stage too. (again thanks zootopia)

I'm not sure how I feel about kids this young in GA...

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY

is it just me or does the show seem to be going fast tonight?

U2dork said:

It surprises me that Bono keeps consistently finding children so young in GA ...

I worry about the safety of kids in GA. Most fans are cool, but the jerks who push and shove could really freak kids out, or, even worse, put them in danger.

By the way, U2dork, I love your Beaker!

U2dork said:

Those kids need tix. right? Who brings a 4 yr old to a rock concert?

timothius said:

It's not so much a respect issue for me.

It's like... if somones offering you this amazing service but asks one little thing in return, then you should endevour to do that thing till your eyes turn red because you want what they're giving you. People who disobey the U2Pres directives are plain and stupid... idiots. Absolutely stupid. Why would you want too piss them off.

If I'm to understand this correctly, it's that they want the integrity of their recordings maintained. The main purpose of which is for trading...no non-superior tradings out there. If I'm correct, and I think I am, once a person has DLed a torrent, they're free to convert it ton anything they want, for personal use, as long as they don't trade it as such.

That's exactly what I'm doing, except I'm cutting out the middle steps. I'm DLing it in the format that's most convenient to me, for personal use. I'm fully aware that trading in such a format, or misrepresnting it is a no-no, and i would never do that.

So how am I wrong?

U2dork said:
No doubt. Then again, maybe we could use kids to get better locations... :hmm:

There was an update that the girl was actually about 6, but I still think that's a little too young...
Then again, I'm not a parent.

and thanks BonoIsMyMuse :wave:

mirrorballman said:
it's 3:41 am where i live, and i'm bored off my face (and obviously can't sleep), so i'm joining the party for the very first time until i fall asleep :)

howdy! :wave:

SETLIST

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG

VintagePunk said:

If I'm to understand this correctly, it's that they want the integrity of their recordings maintained. The main purpose of which is for trading...no non-superior tradings out there. If I'm correct, and I think I am, once a person has DLed a torrent, they're free to convert it ton anything they want, for personal use, as long as they don't trade it as such.

That's exactly what I'm doing, except I'm cutting out the middle steps. I'm DLing it in the format that's most convenient to me, for personal use. I'm fully aware that trading in such a format, or misrepresnting it is a no-no, and i would never do that.

So how am I wrong?

you arent the one doing wrong

the one doing wrong is the person who converts the show to mp3 in the first place and makes it available to everyone

people like you downloading it is no big deal, but whats stopping others from downloading the show in mp3 format and then try to make a trade using a lossy format?

mirrorballman said:
a minor change in the setlist? wasn't BD played after COBL in the past shows? COBL/Vertigo...dont think we've heard that since San Jose (or a bit later, but not much)...

COBL into Vertigo opened the 2 Chicago shows...

cleazer said:
No doubt. Then again, maybe we could use kids to get better locations... :hmm:

I was thinking that exact thing... But I'm guessing I will have to get down to the arena early in the morning, stay all day and hope to get scanned into the ellipse. If not, a spot on the rail because otherwise my daughter (she'll be 11 by the time they return to L.A.) won't be able to see a thing. Then again, I don't even have any tickets at the moment :( And would hate to waste $200+ a ticket for her not to see a thing or experience a U2 concert...

Hi mirrorballman :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom