Open 'Tour' Bitch Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... and send handwritten personalised thankyou letters and free gifts to ever single U2.com member who comes to their shows - alongside free tickets of course. :huh:

:wink:

sallycinnamon78 said:
... and send handwritten personalised thankyou letters and free gifts to ever single U2.com member who comes to their shows - alongside free tickets of course. :huh:

:wink:

:lol:

I'm bitching 'cos no one replied to my post at all, 'cos people keep talking 'bout the concerts that I'm missing,:( about the fact that despite being a LOYAL fan for seventeen years, my free concert package, including tix, transportation and accomodation to the venue of my choice STILL hasn't arrived in the mail, and I'm bitching 'cos I'm supposed to be working on my rhetorical analysis (on U2's induction speech of all things!) and instead some invisible magnetic force keeps pulling me here!! :mad:
I also want to bitch about the fact that everytime City of BL comes on, I get seriously depressed 'cos I won't get to hear it live!:sad:

Excellent Thread w/bitching

I just want to say that I am glad this bitch thread is here! I'm a die hard u2 fan and have had lots of things to bitch about over the years and years: tickets, show sets, bad hair, blunders galore. Don't get me wrong.... i'll always be a fan...but if we arn't going to get a chance to bitch to principle management, island records, the boys or Paul...the next best thing is to bitch here! WHOO HOO!

Dear U2, please stop using TicketFuckingMaster. I'm so sick of the run around.

Am guessing you meant to post this as a reply to the other thread... moving this over there :wink:

I'd be glad to bitch about this silly tour.

There was a time when Bono would say things like, "We will continue to abuse our position to fuck up the mainstream." Well, he certainly didn't keep that promise. The last two outings have been safe as milk and seem contrived for mainstream radio-play, by blending in and churning out what people expect from U2 instead of "fucking anything up."

And this tour is the perfect example. This is the Joshua Tree Tour, right? That's what it seems like. Pride, Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, SHFWILF, WOWY...didn't they get sick of doing the "greatest hits tour" during Lovetown? Then why do they keep doing it? What about songs like "wire", "sort of homecoming", "red hill miningtown", "heartland"...dig deep from the back catalogue...get creative. This U2-tour-by-numbers is getting annoying. They play the same songs every tour. I know they are playing electric co. right now which is a good move. BUt why do they play these old songs exactly like they played them 25 years ago? Haven't they matured as musicians? Maybe try some new sounds, new effects' anything to make it interesting and translate it to today. Even Larry uses the same stiff rhythms for these old songs.

The above is actually called 'criticism'...not bitching. I am disappointed that U2 have become artistically-irrelevant mainstream-romancers. There is no more mystique with this band; now everything is an attention-getting device and the actual material is getting more and more sophmoric.

greasy priest said:

There was a time when Bono would say things like, "We will continue to abuse our position to fuck up the mainstream." Well, he certainly didn't keep that promise. The last two outings have been safe as milk and seem contrived for mainstream radio-play, by blending in and churning out what people expect from U2 instead of "fucking anything up."

And this tour is the perfect example. This is the Joshua Tree Tour, right? That's what it seems like. Pride, Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, SHFWILF, WOWY...didn't they get sick of doing the "greatest hits tour" during Lovetown? Then why do they keep doing it? What about songs like "wire", "sort of homecoming", "red hill miningtown", "heartland"...dig deep from the back catalogue...get creative. This U2-tour-by-numbers is getting annoying. They play the same songs every tour. I know they are playing electric co. right now which is a good move. BUt why do they play these old songs exactly like they played them 25 years ago? Haven't they matured as musicians? Maybe try some new sounds, new effects' anything to make it interesting and translate it to today. Even Larry uses the same stiff rhythms for these old songs.

The above is actually called 'criticism'...not bitching. I am disappointed that U2 have become artistically-irrelevant mainstream-romancers. There is no more mystique with this band; now everything is an attention-getting device and the actual material is getting more and more sophmoric.
OH FUCK OFF, your first post was this? your pathetic, i know this is a bitch thread, but when someone uses there first post, to post such complete bollocks

greasy priest said:
I'd be glad to bitch about this silly tour...

And this tour is the perfect example. This is the Joshua Tree Tour, right? That's what it seems like. Pride, Running to Stand Still, Bullet the Blue Sky, SHFWILF, WOWY...

I KNOW! It's like, "seriously, haven't you gotten enough mileage out of WTSHNN by now?" At least spice up, say, RTSS with some backing samples and an industrial beat. These tired tracks just don't cut it in the era of Britney Spears and Hillary Duff. Besides, JT is not exactly their best work in the first place, quality-wise or sales-wise.

Oh wait. It is... on both counts. Shut up, greasy priest.

I'd like to bitch that nobody has responded to my question -- WTF is a "Torrent"?

And since nobody has responded, I'd like to note that it makes me feel even more stttooooopppiddd like I'm the only one who does not know; and a Torrent is some great web secret that access all cool U2 sh** on the web that I am denied.

So, now I'm going to write all your Interference IDs in my Burn Book -- u bey-otchs

I want to bitch about Bono's ears. they are too small for his head. :wink:

Also Adam's hair is too grey. Plus, they have old got older and mentally more mature instead of remaining young punks of 18. thios will not do.

:laugh: I'm surprised no-one has done that one yet.

Last edited:
I might as well get this off my chest. It is really pissing me off that during Vertigo Bono is saying "twinkle" instead of "sparkle".

:banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
I might as get this off my chest. It is really pissing me off that during Vertigo Bono is saying "twinkle" instead of "sparkle".

:banghead: :banghead:

:lmao:

I'm really sick of Edges guitar strings....I mean they just lay there and do nothing but make these bloody nosies all night! :mad:

greasy priest said:

I wanna bitch about some of the fucking fans at the Staples show in Los Angeles. How the fuck do you come to a U2 concert at 8:40 when it starts at 7:30? Sure, a lot of them probably didn't want to see the opening act, but it's pretty fucking distracting when you see a whole gang of dumbshits walking up and down the aisle and getting to their seats WHILE the band is playing.

Also, how the fuck do you leave during the encore at a U2 concert? Is beating traffic in L.A. so fucking important enough that you have to miss the end of the show? A lot of people paid good money and went through a whole load of shit to get these tickets. Yet some of these spoiled and shameless knuckleheads apparently don't give a fuck enough.

So, L.A. fans who arrive late and leave early: hola and fuck you.

gmr7494 said:
I wanna bitch about some of the fucking fans at the Staples show in Los Angeles. How the fuck do you come to a U2 concert at 8:40 when it starts at 7:30? Sure, a lot of them probably didn't want to see the opening act, but it's pretty fucking distracting when you see a whole gang of dumbshits walking up and down the aisle and getting to their seats WHILE the band is playing.

Also, how the fuck do you leave during the encore at a U2 concert? Is beating traffic in L.A. so fucking important enough that you have to miss the end of the show? A lot of people paid good money and went through a whole load of shit to get these tickets. Yet some of these spoiled and shameless knuckleheads apparently don't give a fuck enough.

So, L.A. fans who arrive late and leave early: hola and fuck you.

Best Bitch Yet!

Five minutes before U2 goes on and there are plenty of open seats in the lower level (the upper levels were full).

Hollywood fans :madspit:

gmr7494 said:
I wanna bitch about some of the fucking fans at the Staples show in Los Angeles. How the fuck do you come to a U2 concert at 8:40 when it starts at 7:30?

I might be arriving just before showtime in Phoenix because I'm getting a last-minute ticket and can't get an earlier flight, so :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Ok, I get that about LA, and any other day I'd agree with you because I actually hate it when people come in late. However, now that I'm maybe going to be one of the late arrivals for a good reason, I've rethought my viewpoint on the whole thing. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

I might be arriving just before showtime in Phoenix because I'm getting a last-minute ticket and can't get an earlier flight, so :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Hey, that's cool. You're excused. But when I see fuckers like the shameless denizens of last night walking up th aisle during the encore, you have to ask yourself: "Do all of these fuckers have to go piss at the same time? Can't you fucking hold it? Did they all book a flight out of LAX at 11:30 p.m.? Is staying on the 10 freeway for just a few more minutes on the way back to Beverly Hills enough to make you leave?"

You know who you fuckers are.

By the way, anybody who was at Staples last night happen to see Cindy Crawford? I almost ran into her on the way out from the 100s. Has she ever been seen in public sans her husband? Everytime I see her on TV or some magazine at the market, she's clinging onto this guy. That's one tall bitch, let me tell you.

Also, on the way out, some chubster got all apeshit on his girl. Well, I assumed it was a girl being that she was hotness unrivaled and he was a fatfuck in Diesel clothing. Not to say that fat dudes can't get hot chicks (e.g. Bobcat Goldwaith and that redhead with big uns on that cancelled WB show).

Anyway, he was screaming his lungs out. "What did I do now!" he kept fucking spewing like a wounded Nancy Kerrigan after getting clubbed. To show his smoldering man-liness, he even ripped open his shirt to emphasize whatever fucking point he was trying to get across.

Anybody here catch that incident? Funny stuff.

I was at LA1, and I want to bitch about people at the show. I'm not talking about U2 fans. I'm talking about the well-connected corporate types that had better seats than me, and seemed bored during the show.

I couldn't see the band through the scafolding from my seats, but I could see these bastards, yawing, talking business, more interested in the fake boobs next to them or the scotch in their hands. BASTARDS!

ALL tickets should be GA. First of all these jackers would show up early enough to get good seats.
Second there should be a quiz at the door. Don't know Bono and the Edge's real name?? Up to the roof with you. jackers!

What's your favorite song from the Boy album? Boy? Who's boy? To the end of the line ya Bastard!

Seating should be based on band I.Q. I

Back
Top Bottom