Open 'Tour' Bitch Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hated the Kings of Leon. I'm sorry but they were horrible. Made me wonder if U2 hired them because they were so bad they wouldn't steal the show-not that it would be possible but I've seen it happen in the past twice before; one opening act was John Mellencamp (then John Cougar) and the other Steeley Dan(sp?).

But seriously they were mind bogglingly bad. So much so, that I felt sorry for them. The bass-player spent most of his time playing to his amp and was the worst one (if I had to chose just one). The drummer looked like a throw-back from the Beatles White Album days. Couple this with their Mod the Rod Stewart hair cuts, stove-pipe pants and thrift-store pointed toe-shoes/boots one wonders what genre they belonged in
image -wise.

Music-wise they belonged in the gonzo-if your fast you must be good-Hunter Thompson style genre. They played everything so incredibly fast without any finesse that it made me wondered what "Miracle Drug" they were on. I bet Ritalin was a must in their respective homes.

So now that I got that off my chest I feel better. Thanks!

As for the beer some jerk in back of me spilled his all over my leather purse and didn't even apologize. I would have slapped him too but I"m old enough to know what is worth a fight and what isn't. It would have ruined the U2 experience to end the evening with one. My purse is ruined but alas and alack!

I'm pissed. I wanted this show to be EXACTLY like my Boston Elevation DVD. Exact setlist played the exact same way night after night after night. How dare they play songs from Boy and October? How dare they not close the show with Walk On?:wink:

I want to pre-bitch the fact that they surely won't play Bad this saturday in Anaheim!!
DAMN YOU U2!!

What the hell is with Bono's hair on night one? Can't he just do a Stipe and slap on some face paint and shave it off? Bald is sooooo the new hairy.

OK....I'm gonna bitch....

I'm gonna bitch that I'm not female and will never be brought up on stage like in past tours to dance with Bono. Just because I have a penis doesn't mean I can't dance! I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to dance with him if he asked me.....

Hell....he kissed the dude from Oasis on the mouth.

I'm also gonna bitch that I've never met Bono and the band. Sure...I've touched Bono's shoulder...and even shaken the Edge's hand....but never have I been able to say two fucking words to them or get them to sign some of my shit.

I'm also gonna bitch about the fact that I can't afford to see them in Dublin.

And to top it off.....I'm have to bitch about the fact that I am spending a damn fortune to see and hear the band I love. I bought both the HTDAAB Box set and Cd/Dvd! With all of the money I've spent on U2 in my lifetime.....I'm the one who should be living in that house on the hill in Ireland :D

(p.s. ok...I'm not really bitching.....just figured I'd add some of my deep down inside hurt feelings to the thread.....and can I just say that I really do love U2. I think I'm just jealous of everyone else)

Cahnge your diapers whiners.
People crying about the heart in line during San diego are morons.
I had to wait too.
I didn't get in.
Had a blast.
You haven't gotten Bono's message over the past 25 years if you are whining about your spot in line or in the show.
I got a text message about the latest quake while sitting in line and at the same time someone was bitching about GA.
Priceless.

The four bitches that are U2 didn't follow up on my setlist change considerations the second night. I'm cool with it for now, but if they still don't take the hint after a few weeks, I'll be through with them.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Man, this thread is so NEGATIVE.... Damn, I mean if you don't like it dont' come to this forum or buy U2's records or go to their shows or look at them EVER.....

:giggle: teehee

For the record I LIKE Elevation in the setlist because the song ROCKS LIVE!!

My bitch is at those who are complaining about that song. If you don't like it when they play it, please do another one of those sit down protests in the heart/egg/ellipse/bomb shelter. It really caught the band's eye last time, so let's go for an encore. That'll show 'em!! :wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
For the record I LIKE Elevation in the setlist because the song ROCKS LIVE!!

My bitch is at those who are complaining about that song. If you don't like it when they play it, please do another one of those sit down protests. It really caught the band's eye last time, so let's go for an encore. That'll show 'em!! :wink:

Elevation does rock live!!

Was there really a sitdown protest once? lol

Why is u2 the only band that charges a shit load for tour merchandise, and I mean $6 bucks for a warm beer this would only happen at a u2 concert (Bono probably pockets $5 from every beer), never during any other concert or sporting event !!! and how come u2 charges so much for parking ?

P.S. Where do they get the nerve to try and give their fans that joined u2.com a perk by lineing up in a shorter line. Bastards !

( disclaimer - the preceeding post is 100% sarcasim)

FullonEdge2 said:
Was there really a sitdown protest once? lol

Oh don't get me started on that....:mad:

Short synopsis:

U2 films Boston 2001

Same people line up everyday in the GA and get in the front of the heart

U2 wants fresh faces for the filmed show

People who normally get in the front of heart are banished to second or third row of heart! :sad:

They claim it was to put the "beautiful" people on camera (have you ever seen the DVD and the people in the front row?)

So they stage a "sit-down" protest during Elevation. If you look hard enough when the camera pans out during Elevation, you can sort of briefly see it.

There are others here who were there or know someone who was. I wasn't involved, except via this forum and the Wire mailing list. I think it was unfortunate, but I understand U2's thought process.

OK, I'm done.:huh:

I hope they stop playing songs from Boy. Some people, like me, get to see U2 once in a lifetime and it would so amazing if they did all the good songs instead of those obscure ones for the (spoiled) fans who have seen them a trillion times.

2 or 3 Boy songs a enough per show... I would love to see the original version of Desire again! Thát song would rock the place down! :drool:

I'm fucking PISSED OFF, MAN, that I got into U2, and Bono :drool: when I was 16 years old. And it's bloody U2's fault that I'm not 16 any more. Just cos they are getting older does NOT mean I need to. Alright? :mad:

AND I don't think U2 need to be playing 10 zillion shows in NA. I've given U2 enough money over the years, buying all their records that I think I'm due a gig of my own.

So Paul, if you could arrange for the guys to be at my house Sunday? There's beer in the fridge, the backyard's free and I'll have the dog tied up. So see you at 7.00ish for 8.00?

Thanks.

:sigh:

:wink:

Last edited:
I'm pissed that Edge is demanding so much attention with his guitar playing. What right does he have to sound better than ever!

I am so sick of hearing John and Jane U2 fan bitch about Kings of Leon. You dont know how lucky you are that they're opening. As much money as you spend on tix to U2 shows you could of bought both Kings albums and never listen to "All because of You" ever again.

Am sick of KOL fans believing that u2 fans hate Kol when the truth be told, we're all rocking to the same music on the night. So, this is a thread to complain about those that complain about nothing to complain about. I just confused myself, but make no mistake....KOL/U2 ROCK!

U2lucky2haveKOL said:
I am so sick of hearing John and Jane U2 fan bitch about Kings of Leon. You dont know how lucky you are that they're opening. As much money as you spend on tix to U2 shows you could of bought both Kings albums and never listen to "All because of You" ever again.

I bought their album after hearing they were opening for u2. It didn't really move me, but I am going to see them live before making my final judgement. I wouldnt say u2 fans are really bitching about them, its about 50-50 i think.

You have to expect this as an opening band. No Doubt opened for u2 last tour, they are a huge worldwide famous band, and half of us were bitching. We're u2 fans, we bitch for days about which hits they should play on their tours, we do this very well :wink:

RademR said:

You have to expect this as an opening band. No Doubt opened for u2 last tour, they are a huge worldwide famous band, and half of us were bitching. We're u2 fans, we bitch for days about which hits they should play on their tours, we do this very well :wink:

We do, don't we. U2 fans are like...say...Kings of Bitchen!

Notice how this bitchin thread is filling up fast? I'm always complaining about what band didn't play what. Do they play "Mysterious Ways" ever? If I paid $100 I better hear that ...lol

What the hell does McGuinnes do for a living???

Why isn't he reading these threads and making the proper adjustments to the set list.

Damn, he needs to direct the boys to work in Acrobat at least three times in one night just to catch up!!!

:angry:

The only "B****ING" complaints I've mentioned are regarding
the band's playing mistakes and Bono's ( not in key ) vocals....
I hope they "GET IT TOGETHER" .... ASAP !!!
The "REAL TEST" will be the Chicago and New York audiences,
because they will NOT give U2 applause, or "any recognition" they deserve, if they continue making mistakes during their tour
performances.... :sad: :(

I'm pissed off that it isn't May 7th yet. I'm pissed off that the band sounds so good. I'm pissed off that I only get to see them three times this year. And finally, I'm really really pissed off that listening to the San Diego boots gets me so excited about the band and the tour that they're all I can think about.

:wink:

I have to bitch about when they played All Because of You and Bono pulled me onstage and looked deep into my eyes, which caused me to mentally combust, (and I can no longer look at my mate the same as he so does not come close to Bono) but then when he gently pushed me away to get off the stage, I was seriously irked, and I've been unable to concentrate on school, or take care of my kids, or.................

Oh. Yea. This is my Ultimate F*%$#@ fantasy. :angry:

:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom