Now to decide what songs to cut...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
..for the summer's tour. There are 11 tracks here, and all of them are very strong (IMO). :wink: At one time during Zoo TV, they were playing 10 songs off Achtung Baby, do you think they will follow suit with this record?

Which songs do you cut for the tour? I think the only one that makes sense is OSC, because it might be the weakest in the live format. But after that, I'm not too sure. I was thinking Yahweh, but thats a great closer. CFYT was supposed to be weak but how can they take that off the setlist? And they better play AMAAW. It's so great that 25 years into their career they dont have to get on stage and churn out the hits to please the crowd, their new material is so strong it can dominate their setlists.

Suggestions and Ideas.....(you guys can move this to the tour section if you like :wink: )

One step closer ...hopefully that's it. Of course I doubt they'll play all of the other ten songs, so I predict A Man and a Woman won't be played much, but I can't realistically think of another song they aren't DYING to play live.

they've already played ABOY like 3 times live, i think its going to be one of their main songs for the next tour & a single.. they might remix a single version to add a little more depth with the guitars & voice for the radio though

In all honesty I don't know what should be cut. I think that they almost have to play the first 6. Also Original of the Species should be played. After that I don't know, I think playing 7 songs from the new album would be enough, but I will be pleased with whateverr they do because they are all good.

I must be the one guy they put One Step Closer on for. Oh well...
I think they should play every song at one point or another. Maybe keep 7 or 8 in but rotate songs a bit. They all seem build to be rocked out in stadiums...
I don't wanna chose!

One Step Closer
Crumbs
A man and a woman

seem to be the most likely suspects.

If they close the show with 40 or one of the oldies, then Yahweh will also get the boot.

tkramer said:
I must be the one guy they put One Step Closer on for. Oh well...
I think they should play every song at one point or another. Maybe keep 7 or 8 in but rotate songs a bit. They all seem build to be rocked out in stadiums...
I don't wanna chose!

IMO One Step Closer is the best song on the album. It's a georgous, subtle song

Back
Top Bottom