NO cameras for aussie shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious3

The Fly
hey
i did post this a long while ago but i have lost the thread so i will kindly ask again
how come in the australia shows ( well at least the Brisbane show ) no camers can be taken in, yet in all the other shows camers where aloud? I have seen some wonderful pics on this site of the tour, and its sad that we in australia are not aloud to take in our cameras. Does it say on n e one else's ticket who is giong to the Auussie shows "no cameras''
do u think that i could get away with it and take one in n e way?
i would just love some of my own pictures. i am so so so excited about this concert and i rekon that it will top all of the concerts i have been to, and will ever go to.

no cameras are allowed in any of the shows - they can be taken from you (...that's the offical line anyway).

depite this heaps of people use cameras esp. mobile phone cameras...which nearly every mobile has these days...

i will be taking one when i go.

Take your camera.

Stadiums are obliged to print the "no camera" statements on the tickets and in their memos, but U2 have apparently overruled these clauses and have allowed non-professional cameras in at every show, so far (Oz might be different, we'll see).

Just promise us to post your photos online and provide us with the link when they're up!

I concur with what everyone else has said. Just make sure you don't have a professional camera or anything with removable lenses because those are more likely to be taken away than the point-and-shoot kind.

Yeah, i was told that if i brought my camera it would be taken from me. i didn't , and all thru the stadium flashes were going off.
what gives!!
That was the POP 98 tour!
The '93 show was the same i think for memory,its just we had no camera back then!
I'm bringing one this time!

Yep, I'm going to the Sydney concert and it says "no camera's" on the ticket.

I am trying to decide whether to bother taking mine or not too.

dsmith2904 said:
I concur with what everyone else has said. Just make sure you don't have a professional camera or anything with removable lenses because those are more likely to be taken away than the point-and-shoot kind.

Like this guy said, i don't think they are interested in a little olympus, i'm bringing mine anyhow!:camera:

Like this guy said, i don't think they are interested in a little olympus, i'm bringing mine anyhow!

So do you think it is ok to the point where they just let you in with it? Or would you still have to sneak it in?

I wouldn't tell them, just have heaps of crap in your bag,stuff like makeup, pads, tampons. Most "stadium crew" are guys,i'm really sure they would not care!:shrug:

Which sydney show are u going,i'm going on the 31st March!:hyper:

April 1st for me! I had tix to the 31st but was able to get some better ones for the second show and sold the first lot.

I have noticed that Ticketek have been releasing small numbers of tickets each day for the Sydney shows, so if I can get my hands on some cheapies for the 31st, I might go to that too...

I wish it wasn't so far away though - I am getting excited already!

yeah thanks guys, i think i will sneak my camera in my bag,. its not as if they will be going through every part of everyone's bag. there would be way to many people to do that.

oh another question, if they do happento take ur camera if you have one, is there any chance that u can get it back at the end of the show?

For vegas I think the tickets said no cameras but they had a sign posted on the wall beside the ga line that said you were allowed non-professional cameras. So everyone had a camera on them. We were using our camera (and filming) right on the rail right infront of a security guy. Never said anything.

Cameras should be OK. I took my SLR with me to the Lovetown shows with a big stonkin lens. I'm getting a point and shoot eensy weensy one for March. :hyper:

Precious3 said:
oh another question, if they do happento take ur camera if you have one, is there any chance that u can get it back at the end of the show?

They won't take it off you. The worst they will do is tear a small piece of your ticket off to indicate they have told you not to use it (at least they did to me at MSG so I simply swapped my ticket with someone elses).

Back
Top Bottom