Next Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I think it's pretty obvious U2 can play stadiums anywhere in the world with the exception of the US. But what stadiums could U2 play in the US? Suppose U2 does US arenas in the spring of 2008/9 and stadiums in the fall. What cities would get arenas as opposed to stadiums. My predictions.

New York- 4 arena/2 stadium
Boston- 2 arena/2 stadium
Phili- 2 arena/1 stadium
D.C.- 1 stadium
Atlanta- 1 stadium
Miami- 1 stadium
Detroit- 1 stadium
Toronto- 2 arena/2 stadium
Montreal- 1 arena/1 stadium
Chicago- 2 arena/2 stadium
Winnipeg- 1 stadium
Edmonton- 1 stadium
Vancouver- 1 stadium
Seattle- 1 stadium
Denver- 1 stadium
San Francisco- 2 arena/2 stadium
Los Angeles- 3 arena/2 stadium
Phoenix- 1 stadium
Dallas- 1 stadium

Portland- 1 arena
Salt Lake City- 1 arena
Las Vegas- 2 arena
San Antonio/Austin- 1 arena
Houston- 1 arena
OK City- 1 arena
Kansas City- 1 arena
Omaha- 1 arena
St. Louis- 1 arena
Minneapolis 1 arena (maybe 2?)
Milwaukee- 1 arena
Columbus- 1 arena
Cleveland- 1 arena
Pittsburgh- 1 arena
Buffalo- 1 arena
Albany- 1 arena
Hartford- 1 arena
Charlottesville- 1 arena
Charlotte- 1 arena
Tampa- 1 arena
Nashville- 1 arena
New Orleans- 1 arena

Cutting the US leg down to 60 some shows instead of 80, giving them more time to get to the rest of the world. What does everyone think about these? My logic is that cities like Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Vancouver, Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas where U2 sold out 2 arena shows, could handle a stadium capacity show. Stadium shows are also cheaper ticket prices, so it'd be easier to sell more tickets, not that U2 has any trouble selling tickets. I think Popmart scared them of stadiums in the US, but I think they could have definitely done stadium legs in 2001 and 2005.

Last edited:
I think they should play at the largest venue in Bono, TX.

The_acrobat said:

Minneapolis 1 arena (maybe 2?)

Minneapolis is ready for 2 arena shows. We're a bigger metro area than San Diego and Denver, and both of them got 2 shows this last tour. Plus, Minneapolis concerts draw lots of fans from the Dakotas, Iowa and western Wisconsin.
I'll hold off on wanting a stadium show in Mpls. until they build the new Gophers or Vikings ones. I'm not greedy. ;)

Mark

I would have loved a 2nd Minneapolis show... that would have been great :drool:

First night was great... 2nd night would have been amazing.

I'm with Axver but I think they need to flip it to either (yes there are two, look it up) of the Bono, ARs and yes in either of those it would probably be a school gym.

And just to add weight to the historical precedent of said gym. From wikipedia.

Elvis Presley came to the Bono school district's gym to play a concert in the 1950's. The show was organized by Barbara Smith and Betty Craft, both of whom were high school students at the time. Rumor has it that the concert was so wild that Elvis stomped a hole in the gym floor with his boot.

Back
Top Bottom